PDA

View Full Version : check paper size for tray 3 on PC-410

Custom Search

SAR
02-20-2019, 02:39 PM
I have a couple of C554e's displaying this message intermittently. On one machine, it will push the second paper stack halfway across, then stop and display the message. Sometimes it just displays the message when the tray runs out of paper. The correct paper size is displayed on the op panel and the orange gate in the center is fine. If you reset the tray, it will work fine for a while, but it always comes back with the error.
Saw another thread on here about a part called a dumper? but would like to get confirmation before I start ordering random parts.
Thanks for your help!

mo0651
02-20-2019, 04:47 PM
Check Service mode, System #2, Lct size.:cool:

copyrooks
02-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Try seeing if the paper is uneven when it feeds a bit out of the tray. If you notice it is, i'd go for the dumper not too bad to replace at all.

SAR
02-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Already checked the LCT paper size setting in system 2, it is set to the correct size.
Does the dumper only effect the tray when feeding paper? This error occurs when the machine runs out of paper, or is shifting the tray.

allan
02-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Silly question. Been working on these for some time.
What is a dumper?

copyrooks
02-21-2019, 02:45 PM
What is a dumper?

It's #12

korthr5
02-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Hello

I have the same problems 2 times.

Frist time i have piece of paper on the plug connecting the cassette to the bottom of the paper cabinet.

Second time the plug on the bottom on the cabinet was not on the correct position whem you close the cassete sometimes work sometimes not.

Norbi-HU
03-12-2024, 12:07 PM
I have stucked elevator motor (M134) and shifter motor (M133).
I clean both of them and problem solved!

Markks
03-14-2024, 03:53 AM
What is a dumper?

Its actually a damper . Its misnamed in the parts manual. It stops the cable pulleys from turning after you open the tray especially if its loaded with paper. If the dumper (damper) is bad the cable pulleys will continue to rotate when the tray hits bottom when loaded with paper causing the cable to jump off pulley and the the paper raises crooked and causes jams and skews

Custom Search