PDA

View Full Version : PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Custom Search

jose60623
02-20-2019, 06:57 PM
I have a Konica Minolta C364 with the following error code PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3 - Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

allan
02-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Life stop on you machines is set.
Means parts are out of recommended life.
Are you a tech? Info is in the manual.

jose60623
02-20-2019, 07:21 PM
Life stop on you machines is set.
Means parts are out of recommended life.
Are you a tech? Info is in the manual.

I am not a tech - I purchased the machine to print our church bulletin. Is there a way to disable life stop?

mach1don
02-20-2019, 07:44 PM
end users should not monkey around with programming or firmware updating. Go buy service from a qualified Tech. Parts need to be replaced for a reason.

Phil B.
02-20-2019, 07:45 PM
I am not a tech - I purchased the machine to print our church bulletin. Is there a way to disable life stop?

REPLACE THE DAMN PARTS!

that message is put into the firmware to PREVENT future damage to the unit and insure COPY/PRINT quality.
Get a SERVICE MANUAL if you don't want to PAY for the knowledge a Qualified Tech can bring to the table.

allan
02-20-2019, 07:47 PM

As a church i would highly recommend a service contract for the machine.
Cutting corners here is going to cost a lot more in the long run.
FYI life stop on these machines is disabled(not switched on) by default.
Get a tech to disable it for you.

jose60623
02-20-2019, 08:42 PM
REPLACE THE DAMN PARTS!

that message is put into the firmware to PREVENT future damage to the unit and insure COPY/PRINT quality.
Get a SERVICE MANUAL if you don't want to PAY for the knowledge a Qualified Tech can bring to the table.

Thanks for the polite reply. Can you guide me to the location of a SERVICE MANUAL?

Phil B.
02-20-2019, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the polite reply. Can you guide me to the location of a SERVICE MANUAL?

G O O G L E

allan
02-20-2019, 08:52 PM

Not a lot of polite guys here if you don't take the advice.
Sure someone here will sell you one. That would be stolen property.

allan
02-20-2019, 08:59 PM
You need to replace the drums after its been triggered.
Get a tech out.
Ask him about replacing the chips and turning life stop off.

Or bite the bullet and buy C M Y K drums to replace.
Where did you get the error message from?
On the machine panel?

jose60623
02-20-2019, 09:04 PM
You need to replace the drums after its been triggered.
Get a tech out.
Ask him about replacing the chips and turning life stop off.

Or bite the bullet and buy C M Y K drums to replace.
Where did you get the error message from?
On the machine panel?

On the display panel. I already ordered the chips for the drums. I just need to figure out how to turn the life stop off. Google is not being very friendly when it comes to the service manual. Thanks for your help.

Phil B.
02-20-2019, 09:10 PM
On the display panel. I already ordered the chips for the drums. I just need to figure out how to turn the life stop off. Google is not being very friendly when it comes to the service manual. Thanks for your help.

I don't know HOW to explain it better to you......

DO NOT RUN THE MACHINE WITH EXPIRED PARTS!

those chips will reset the counts ONLY the worn parts will still be in the machine!
EXPIRED PARTS - T R O U B L E!

HAVE YOU thought about posting your manual request here? NOPE you have not....
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/
if you cannot figure out how to find simple answers .. how do you expect to handle difficult issues.... IF you prove to US techs here that you are not able/willing to do things the PROPER WAY...
you will find people LESS willing to help.

jose60623
02-20-2019, 09:32 PM
I don't know HOW to explain it better to you......

DO NOT RUN THE MACHINE WITH EXPIRED PARTS!

those chips will reset the counts ONLY the worn parts will still be in the machine!
EXPIRED PARTS - T R O U B L E!

HAVE YOU thought about posting your manual request here? NOPE you have not....
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/
if you cannot figure out how to find simple answers .. how do you expect to handle difficult issues.... IF you prove to US techs here that you are not able/willing to do things the PROPER WAY...
you will find people LESS willing to help.

Ok.

allan
02-20-2019, 09:36 PM
Where did you get the machine?

jose60623
02-20-2019, 09:46 PM
Where did you get the machine?

On craigslist from a business that was closing for $200.

allan
02-20-2019, 10:03 PM
Meter count on the machine?
Has is been working or just got it?

CompyTech
02-20-2019, 10:12 PM

The c364 is quite old actually, the guts are generally fine but the software inside the machine is outdated. The older models actually came without the stoplife settings enabled. Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need to update the firmware first before you can turn off the end of life settings. I would advise against re-chipping the drums, all it would do is reset the counters and mess up your print quality even worse. I would simply replace the drums(OEM of course) that are at end of life and start over. Expensive yes, but copy machines aren't cheap to begin with. If you want to give it a shot and fix it your self good luck, but think it through and read this:

You probably wont find the service or parts manual online publicly too many places. These documents are generally internal by the manufacturers for certified dealers and techs only. If you buy one from a paysite you're on your own. Manufacturers generally don't make it easy for end users to work on their own stuff because they weren't really designed that way to begin with. Weather you agree or disagree is up for debate and beyond the scope of topic for this thread. This site is generally for certified techs to help each other with technical advice and not "help" endusers fix their equipment. Hope this clears some things up for you.

Good luck.

jose60623
02-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Meter count on the machine?
Has is been working or just got it?

268,445 - its been working and when I picked it up it was fine. I dont recall seeing those error codes.

allan
02-20-2019, 10:55 PM
268,445 - its been working and when I picked it up it was fine. I dont recall seeing those error codes.

Should have some life left.
Problem is those drums could have been reset before.

To spend $200 dollars on a functional machine is a great buy.
That would leave you some room in the budget for replacing the drums.

Developer tanks and transfer belt will also need to be replaced soon.
And those are a lot trickier than fooling with the drums.

jose60623
02-21-2019, 12:52 AM
Should have some life left.
Problem is those drums could have been reset before.

To spend $200 dollars on a functional machine is a great buy.
That would leave you some room in the budget for replacing the drums.

Developer tanks and transfer belt will also need to be replaced soon.
And those are a lot trickier than fooling with the drums.

Thanks for the advise

Synaux
02-21-2019, 02:49 AM
Resetting the counter on drums/Imaging units is dubious at best--you will eventually need to replace some parts for sure! And there are a lot of things you need to need to consider after that like clean filters, rollers (many many many rollers), clean paper dust out of all the things, et cetera. Do not buy chips unless you cannot figure out how to change the settings--it is a waste of money and "confuses" the machine.

If you figure out how to change the settings (make it work without rechiping), this can work for you if you maintain the machine properly. HOWEVER you are eventually going to have print quality issues. Buy a service manual and show these guys that you are competent enough to read and understand the content. [if you do this be very cautious you can quickly mess up your 200.00 machine] Most of these guys here depend on people like you to make a living so they tend to get crabby toward end users.

All that said, if you do not have the time to figure this stuff out, you need to hire a tech to at least show you some stuff (if he/she is willing) and go through the machine to properly clean it and supply a list of things that you need to get immediately and what you can possible skimp out on (you got it cheap enough).

Synaux
02-21-2019, 02:57 AM
The c364 is quite old actually, the guts are generally fine but the software inside the machine is outdated. The older models actually came without the stoplife settings enabled. Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need to update the firmware first before you can turn off the end of life settings. I would advise against re-chipping the drums, all it would do is reset the counters and mess up your print quality even worse.

Good luck.

I think the end life options are available in the CE section on these models, no?

jose60623
02-21-2019, 03:05 AM
Resetting the counter on drums/Imaging units is dubious at best--you will eventually need to replace some parts for sure! And there are a lot of things you need to need to consider after that like clean filters, rollers (many many many rollers), clean paper dust out of all the things, et cetera. Do not buy chips unless you cannot figure out how to change the settings--it is a waste of money and "confuses" the machine.

If you figure out how to change the settings (make it work without rechiping), this can work for you if you maintain the machine properly. HOWEVER you are eventually going to have print quality issues. Buy a service manual and show these guys that you are competent enough to read and understand the content. [if you do this be very cautious you can quickly mess up your 200.00 machine] Most of these guys here depend on people like you to make a living so they tend to get crabby toward end users.

All that said, if you do not have the time to figure this stuff out, you need to hire a tech to at least show you some stuff (if he/she is willing) and go through the machine to properly clean it and supply a list of things that you need to get immediately and what you can possible skimp out on (you got it cheap enough).

Thanks. Good to see friendly advise. I was already doubting if there was any good techs out there. Everyone tried to beat me down like if this machine was going to explode if I didnt hire a tech. I kept saying to myself, “Its a printer not an airplane” (its a joke, please don’t take it serious)

Synaux
02-21-2019, 03:39 AM
Thanks. Good to see friendly advise. I was already doubting if there was any good techs out there. Everyone tried to beat me down like if this machine was going to explode if I didnt hire a tech. I kept saying to myself, “Its a printer not an airplane” (its a joke, please don’t take it serious)

Well...it might explode if you get a tech or not! :rolleyes:

In some ways, this industry is just as complicated as a prop-plane (probably more). Again, a lot of these guys have spent their entire life figuring this stuff out, so never be dismissive--be humble--there is a lot more here than meets the eye!

If you want to try and figure this stuff out on you own, do the legwork, and if you cannot make sense of things we are here (in a very minor capacity if you dont become adept).

* I recommend hiring a tech to at least put you on the right path. Then go from there. *

blackcat4866
02-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Thanks. Good to see friendly advise. I kept saying to myself, “Its a printer not an airplane” (its a joke, please don’t take it serious)

Oops! I was going to say something, but I've forgotten what it was.

I mean, how hard can it be if a bunch of shmucks like this can do it? =^..^=

allan
02-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Lucky these OEM's does not make aircraft. Imagine the firmware F"*$%^ out mid flight. Abort code C-FA14...

Konica Minolta 393. Now even cheaper and lighter, but with a million rivets more...

CompyTech
02-21-2019, 02:34 PM
I think the end life options are available in the CE section on these models, no?

Per bulletin 8607 There was a serial cut-in for the ULOS settings on the early 4 series. Those that fell out of range required firmware update and changing of software switches to enable the settings. Found this out the hard way.

Synaux
02-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Lucky these OEM's does not make aircraft. Imagine the firmware F"*$%^ out mid flight. Abort code C-FA14...

Konica Minolta 393. Now even cheaper and lighter, but with a million rivets more...

Haha, I can see it now: No Animation Date on all instrument clusters and a broken English version of Hal (Space Odyssey). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDrDUmuUBTo)

copier addict
02-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Haha, I can see it now: No Animation Date on all instrument clusters and a broken English version of Hal (Space Odyssey). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDrDUmuUBTo)

"Off and on it the power Dave" :cool:

Synaux
02-23-2019, 02:05 AM
"Off and on it the power Dave" :cool:

haha!!!
While we are at our funny-take-over, every time I see Allan's posts I hear this play in my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFhNJ8ozDBk

allan
02-23-2019, 05:13 AM
If i can only find the guy who created that piece of work.
Thing is my best mates name is Steve!

Custom Search