PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C554e PRCB Swap (used)

Custom Search

DSharpe
02-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Is it possible to swap the print control boards (PRCB) out from another machine without bricking the machine? Thanks guys

ive got a PC-410 under this machine and it will code sometimes with a 0210 or say set correct paper size. Will never raise the paper or shift the paper. We’ve put another PC-410 under the machine with the same results. It is set correctly in service mode. Firmware has been done as well.

kingarthur
02-22-2019, 12:34 PM
The last time I had a problem with a PC410 it was the small pcb above the other boards, A5AYH00501 PWB Assembly(PWB-EX), it's very easy to pull the connector out, especially if you're swinging the other boards out to the right.

DSharpe
02-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Oh, knew about that board but didn't realize it had anything to do with the PC-410. I can take one as well to test before swapping the PRCB. Thanks for the info

kingarthur
02-22-2019, 02:17 PM
I had a C454e which had misfeed problems, coming from the PC -410, it was actually that PCB, but thinking back, it was also misfeeding from tray 2, so it probably won't solve your problem...

DSharpe
02-22-2019, 02:20 PM
I had a C454e which had misfeed problems, coming from the PC -410, it was actually that PCB, but thinking back, it was also misfeeding from tray 2, so it probably won't solve your problem...

Yeah this one only has a problem with the PC-410. It knows its there but will never even try to feed or lift.

allan
02-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Yes you can change one board at a time from a donor machine. SSD is a board too!.
Take from B(donor) and install in A to test if not the problem take from A and reinstall in B and Boot it up otherwise you brick your donor machine.

Then there is the reset tool that claims to recover mismatched boards. But in my opinion if you won the fight stop wrestling.

Some where KM describes the procedure for "test" only.
Got machines that is running with donor boards for some time now.

copier tech
02-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Is it possible to swap the print control boards (PRCB) out from another machine without bricking the machine? Thanks guys

ive got a PC-410 under this machine and it will code sometimes with a 0210 or say set correct paper size. Will never raise the paper or shift the paper. We’ve put another PC-410 under the machine with the same results. It is set correctly in service mode. Firmware has been done as well.

There is a specific procedure if you want to fit a used or new PRCB (see attached)

allan
02-22-2019, 06:12 PM
There is a specific procedure if you want to fit a used or new PRCB (see attached)

Thanks will save this where i can find it again...
Sorry did not mention firmware as that should go without saying.

Did this with not much trouble without reading a thing:rolleyes:.

Custom Search