PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub C224e Active Directory authentication not working

Custom Search

camjesus
02-23-2019, 12:06 AM
Hi all,
this is my first post here so pls forgive me for, well, anything really. ANd I sure hope anyone of you can provide some insight on this.
To the point.
We have a BizHub C224e that we would like to add to our Active Directory so that users could authenticate with their credentials.
The manual is quite clear but t just doesn't work. I've also seen some posts on the subject but, again, I haven't been able to make it work.
What I've done as administrator:
1) In networking, I configured DNS Host name (KMA9E230), DNS servers, and DNS default domain name
2) In User Auth/Account Track, External Server Settings, I added one of our DC's (DC1), Default domain name (SAMDOM.TEST) and selected "Active Directory"
3) In General Settings, I selected User Authentication ON(External Server)
4) Added the BizHub to the DNS forest (shouldn't be needed but still). ping for the domain name works.
5) In Network, Single Sign-on Setting, Domain Login setting, I added the C224e hostname (KMA9E230), the domain name (DC1.SAMDOM.TEST) and AD admin password.
6) Our DC is also DNS and Time server. Time is correct.

Now on point 5) there is something wrong. The copier wants NOT the domain name, but the AD server name. It took me a good 30 minutes to realize this. It ASKS for domain name (should be SAMDOM.TEST) but always returns "Failed to Connect to Server". Tcpdump comes out empty. If I add the server name (DC1.SAMDOM.TEST) then tcpdump comes alive and I get "Now Exporting. Pease Wait". But it always fails with "the TX timed out". I'm stuck at this point.
I'm sure about username/password. I tried the domain in caps and no caps. Tried both our DCs (DC1 and DC2).
This is a 2008 functional level domain.
I'm sure I'm missing something very basic here, but can't really grasp what.
Tried explaining this to local support but I could as well be speaking Martian... actually I think I tried that at some point.

Hope you can help.
Best regards,
Carlos

Custom Search