PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine 951 power failure during firmware upgrade!

Custom Search

allan
02-23-2019, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys

Got an actual problem.
Machine not booting after a power failure during firmware upgrade.
Going to scourer the manuals now, know there is a procedure to recover it.
Anybody know of this or done it before?

allan
02-23-2019, 01:37 PM
So do i have this right?

Create PRESS_1250M folder and copy folder (I) from firmware there then rename the file A4EU041_00I0_G00_5000.bin under the folder IO to recover.bin?
But there is more than one bin file in there. How do i know the right one?

Wow the manual is useless here!

Synthohol
02-23-2019, 02:21 PM
all the files go there, the machine picks the right one IIRC.
wait, i thought the whole I0 folder gets copied over?

allan
02-23-2019, 08:47 PM
It seems it is for 2 models the A4EUx seems to be the right one for the range, guess the other file is for the 1100?

allan
02-24-2019, 09:37 AM
Nope can not get this to work!?

allan
02-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Anybody really in trouble here.

tulintron
02-25-2019, 11:43 AM
Anybody really in trouble here.
Does the panel start a process?

Have you checked if there are any icp burned on any of the boards?

I think I should start updating from the old firmware.

allan
02-25-2019, 12:07 PM
The machine is stating starting please wait with orange LED flashing.
The orange LED flashing as per manual means the OACB has wrong or no firmware written.
Or error detected in ISW standby (memory check) after power up.

Pretty sure no hardware is damaged.
Or may be not so sure, only other reference is that the SSD got damaged during power failure while in ISW.
But want to make sure i am getting the procedure right and the manual is vague about it.

Do i create a new file called recover.bin?
I am not the one at the machine, helping a fellow tech on our machines.

Leyahné
02-25-2019, 02:30 PM
If my memory serves me right, on page 1288 of the service manual follow those instructions. Should be J-18. Load the mass production FW and then copy the FW back into the IO Folder. When loading the FW, load the Image control and the print control together with the OAC board aswell

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

allan
02-25-2019, 06:27 PM
Where does this recover.bin come in?

tulintron
02-25-2019, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE = Leyahné; 731665] Se a minha mensagem está servindo corretamente, na página 1288 do manual de serviço, siga essas instruções. Deve ser o J-18. A produção de massa FW e copie o FW de volta na pasta IO. When eu carrego o FW, carrego o controle de imagem e o controle de impressão junto com a placa OAC também

envia o arquivo SM-N960F usando o Tapatalk [/ QUOTE] seria renomear uma base de imagem com extensão (.bin) para recuperar. bin?

basta renomear o arquivo I0?

nas minhas listas de firmware, eu não tenho recover.bin ...

allan
02-25-2019, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE = Leyahné; 731665] Se a minha mensagem está servindo corretamente, na página 1288 do manual de serviço, siga essas instruções. Deve ser o J-18. A produção de massa FW e copie o FW de volta na pasta IO. When eu carrego o FW, carrego o controle de imagem e o controle de impressão junto com a placa OAC também

envia o arquivo SM-N960F usando o Tapatalk [/ QUOTE] seria renomear uma base de imagem com extensão (.bin) para recuperar. bin?

basta renomear o arquivo I0?

nas minhas listas de firmware, eu não tenho recover.bin ...

Well thanks for your help renaming the folder called IO to recover.bin does not make sens to me but i will try anything at this point.
Its linux after all folder/file is the same thing. Could be as simple as that. Will give it a wack.

tulintron
02-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Well thanks for your help renaming the folder called IO to recover.bin does not make sens to me but i will try anything at this point.
Its linux after all folder/file is the same thing. Could be as simple as that. Will give it a wack.I did not say it. I just asked my friend Leyahné about the file (recover.bin) that I have not found in my list of firmware.

I've seen cases of i3 (language) in which to change the initials, it is for other equipment. Give my question in renaming or not.

allan
03-01-2019, 04:52 AM
The guy got the machine back up still not sure what how or why.
Seems like you need to rename the folder IO to recover.bin:)
Thanks guys.

Custom Search