PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal white lines on Bizhub c220 + PHOTOS

Custom Search

Copycrazy
02-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Update: I have swapped cyan and magenta drum unit and lines have changed from cyan to magenta

Hi

After printing a little work of 180 pages on normal paper, my bizhub c220 have started to make white lines across all the page. These lines are more visible on soft colors.

The cian is the most affected, but other colors seem also a bit affected.

Lines are at the same feed direction

I have cleaned the laser with the stick, this doesn't worked

¿What can be the cause?

allan
02-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Meter count on the machine?

When lines are going over(thru) all the colors like that it could be your transfer belt or/and transfer roller.
But had this where a laser was at fault.

Take the transfer belt out and take a picture of the surface and post that.
Are you a tech?
If you are not a tech i suggest you get a tech to inspect the machine for you.

Hansoon
02-24-2019, 04:50 PM
Besides the information from Allan, I just had one to rebuild in the workshop, an extremely dirty machine. A very similar pattern appeared. We "cleaned" the laser windows with the build-in cleaning wand. Problem still exists. Made a "better" cleaning tool with a primitive wooden stick just wide enough to enter the gap in the frame above the slit glass. On its end I put sponge tape from the kind one uses for windows. This cleaned the slit glass much more better and the white lines disappeared.

Hans

Copycrazy
02-24-2019, 04:59 PM

When lines are going over(thru) all the colors like that it could be your transfer belt or/and transfer roller.
But had this where a laser was at fault.

Take the transfer belt out and take a picture of the surface and post that.
Are you a tech?
If you are not a tech i suggest you get a tech to inspect the machine for you.

Hi, thanks for the response.

I am not a tech but i have disassembled parts sometimes, it's ok if i have to do.

NEW TEST:

Cyan is the main color with the white lines, on others its hard to see the issue.

I have swapped the drum unit from magenta to cyan. Now the lines have changed to the magenta color, but a bit softer than the cyan.

qbert69
02-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Hi

After printing a little work of 180 pages on normal paper, my bizhub c220 have started to make white lines across all the page. These lines are more visible on soft colors. The cian is the most affected, but other colors seem also affected.

¿What can be the cause?

418114181241813I have seen something similar happen on Ricoh-Savin where there was clumping happening in the developer unit causing voids on the mag roller & thus not transferring a continuous tone evenly to the imaging drum. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

tsbservice
02-24-2019, 06:28 PM
First picture to me looks like lines are going over entire page. If so I'm with Allan on this.

copier tech
02-24-2019, 06:55 PM
Hi

After printing a little work of 180 pages on normal paper, my bizhub c220 have started to make white lines across all the page. These lines are more visible on soft colors. The cian is the most affected, but other colors seem also affected.

¿What can be the cause?

Are you a tech?

Very common issue, from your print samples looks like the cyan image unit is causing this issue.

What are the life of the image units?

Copycrazy
02-24-2019, 07:57 PM
Are you a tech?

Very common issue, from your print samples looks like the cyan image unit is causing this issue.

What are the life of the image units?

Hi,

Not a technician but i'm good disassembling and repairing parts. Only need to know which part is exactly causing the problem.

I know it's inside the drum unit, but what piece?

Could attack some photo?

Toxic
02-24-2019, 08:14 PM
Swap yellow and cyan drum unit and check,yellow color are very good in hiding quality problem ;)
Or replace drum unit to avoid more potential damage.

Copycrazy
02-24-2019, 08:24 PM
Swap yellow and cyan drum unit and check,yellow color are very good in hiding quality problem ;)
Or replace drum unit to avoid more potential damage.

That's a good temporarl solution:D, but i want to achieve to know the exact piece that produce the problem, for cleaning it.

There isn't any problem if i swap image units? They are made each for its own color or all are the same?

allan
02-24-2019, 08:41 PM
Ok if you can't identify the transfer belt then best to get a tech to help you.
If you can remove the transfer belt, it is sometimes possible to match the lines you are seeing up with faint lines on the transfer belt.
Take a photo of the surface of the transfer belt for us.
But like i said had cases were its caused by the laser.

Copycrazy
02-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Ok if you can't identify the transfer belt then best to get a tech to help you.
If you can remove the transfer belt, it is sometimes possible to match the lines you are seeing up with faint lines on the transfer belt.
Take a photo of the surface of the transfer belt for us.
But like i said had cases were its caused by the laser.

Hi

The machine has total 60 000 copies. Image units are about 30% life remain.

I have checked the transfer belt without disassembly, seems ok.

As i said today, when i swapped cyan and magenta unit, lines appeared on magenta and disappeared from cyan. So, the problem must be on drum unit of cyan.

At the first image i posted (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/41811d1551011984-horizontal-white-lines-bizhub-c220-photos-1-jpg), grey and cyan show the same lines, but after exhaustive review, i have noticed that grey print has a bit of cyan due to an error when making the image on photoshop, thats why the two colours show the same line, but the problem is only on cyan unit

If the problem would be the laser, it should print lines on cyan even though i swap the image units, or i am wrong?

copier tech
02-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Now you have diagnosed the the image unit causing the issue simply replace it with a new one. You cannot clean these units, the drum cylinder physically wears out, only solution is to replace.

Toxic
02-24-2019, 09:41 PM
Drums are aging in rotation not just on page count so its not strange to see machine with low counter and 5+ years old to have some quality problems like this.
Thats why consumable life shows rotation and not page count for drums.
On C220 all 4 drums are physically the same ,chips are not,you can swap CMY drums without change chip.

copier tech
02-24-2019, 09:58 PM
Drums are aging in rotation not just on page count so its not strange to see machine with low counter and 5+ years old to have some quality problems like this.
Thats why consumable life shows rotation and not page count for drums.
On C220 all 4 drums are physically the same ,chips are not,you can swap CMY drums without change chip.

You can set SW 50 to HEX 01 this changes the K IU engage to default rather the colour IU even if ruining mono print.

allan
02-24-2019, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the meter count. That gives a lot of insight.
Next time print half-tones from service mode than will eliminate confusion.
Then the colors will be true CMYK and will then show only the color at fault.

So well done, change the drum out.

copyman
02-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Not sure what more you expect techs on a forum to do? You have been given some very good FREE advice but at a point not sure what else we can do without being at machine.

Just a "guess" I say your drum(s) are bad. I know you swapped them around but if all drums same age more than one or all may be bad. But agree with other poster if you don't know what a transfer belt is then you are getting in way over your head. If you want to take a chance and start taking transfer belt, etc out of machine, beware your could do some serious damage! I've seen this same exact scenario play out on this forum many times. 99.9% of the time end user ends up having to call a tech anyway costing them 2-3 times what it would of cost if they just called a tech in the first place.

If the tech is like me I don't mind showing someone that is handy how do do certain things on their own, which will save them money in the future. better to show someone in person. If you don't think it's worth $100 to find out what the problem is then you deserve to pay 2-3 times more. Let a qualified technician troubleshoot and tell you what is wrong. Then if you want buy the part and put it in yourself go for it. But at least your not guessing and buying parts that might not fix it.

Best of luck

allan
02-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Besides the information from Allan, I just had one to rebuild in the workshop, an extremely dirty machine. A very similar pattern appeared. We "cleaned" the laser windows with the build-in cleaning wand. Problem still exists. Made a "better" cleaning tool with a primitive wooden stick just wide enough to enter the gap in the frame above the slit glass. On its end I put sponge tape from the kind one uses for windows. This cleaned the slit glass much more better and the white lines disappeared.

Hans

On those rebuilds and in the field i found it necessary to remove the PH unit to clean:(

Hansoon
02-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Well not me for the moment.

You guys think I should apply for a patent for this high tech tool? :D LOL

Hans

BTW: You can use it also as a very good back-scratcher. Before using it in the copier.....

copier addict
02-27-2019, 07:15 PM

Hans

BTW: You can use it also as a very good back-scratcher. Before using it in the copier.....

What do you do when a piece of the black foam rolls off and sticks to the printhead? :cool:

tsbservice
02-27-2019, 08:16 PM
What do you do when a piece of the black foam rolls off and sticks to the printhead? :cool:

That Q was in my mind two hours ago. You are right but...my heart just didn't let me to ask.
Anyway, good idea to clean laser slit more closely, KM jig/wand obviously isn't enough.

blackcat4866
02-27-2019, 09:59 PM

Hans

Extra points for creativity and lateral thinking! =^..^=

Hansoon
02-28-2019, 02:14 PM
What do you do when a piece of the black foam rolls off and sticks to the printhead?

Than I use the "Rolled-Off-Black-Foam-Removal-Tool" ofcourse.

Hans

copier addict
02-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Than I use the "Rolled-Off-Black-Foam-Removal-Tool" ofcourse.

Hans

Wow, you have a tool for everything!

Custom Search