PDA

View Full Version : KM C253 Lines On Color Copies ONLY

Custom Search

gerryhuerta
02-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Hello guys,

Getting hotizontal lines in ALL Color Copies.

Prints and Monochrome copies are all 100% Fine.

In my years of service I’ve never seen this before. Thought it could be a print-heads or Lasers but not certain. Image units are all Okay.

Any suggestions/Ideas..?? Thank you.

darry1322
02-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Time to thoroughly clean those optics. Some things show up more in the color spectrum than in B&W.

If color and B&W prints are good, then all print engine items (lasers, drums, devs, fuser) should be fine.

EDIT: If a thorough cleaning of the optics doesn't fix then it could be the CCD unit. Cleaning is cheaper.

EDIT2: The samples look like it's for sure in either the CCD or image processing.

Toxic
02-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Did you try color scan to PC?
If something wrong (or dirt) with optics it should be seen on scan too.

allan
02-25-2019, 10:54 PM
Good point that will split it up between optics/CCD and possible processing problems.
I will wack it with a cloth and reconnect relevant connectors.

But an old ninja trick is to make reductions and enlarged copies.:p
If the marks stay were they are at well not so good news...

Coming from a guy who can't get firmware onto a copier.:eek:

darry1322
02-25-2019, 11:03 PM
But an old ninja trick is to make reductions and enlarged copies.:p
If the marks stay were they are at well not so good news...

Good suggestion. If the lines follow the reduction or enlargement, it's in the optics.

blackcat4866
02-25-2019, 11:46 PM
That's completely bizarre!

The anomalies are too regular and too consistent, and not matching any interval I recognize. I think I'd try re-seating the CCD cables first, replace CCD second.

Definitely scanner or image processing caused.

I just had a thought: The color variation of the stripes is mainly changes in Red, since the CCD scans lines of red green and blue, not CMYK. =^..^=

Toxic
02-26-2019, 12:36 AM
The anomalies are too regular and too consistent, and not matching any interval I recognize. I think I'd try re-seating the CCD cables first, replace CCD second.

I just had a thought: The color variation of the stripes is mainly changes in Red, since the CCD scans lines of red green and blue, not CMYK. =^..^=

+1

gerryhuerta
02-26-2019, 06:46 PM
That's completely bizarre!

Great. Im getting back to the customer tomorrow...

Custom Search