PDA

View Full Version : 454E B&W no web interface page?

Custom Search

copyman
02-25-2019, 09:53 PM
Delivered copier this morning. They were going to have their outside IT people setup scanning. Before I left showed an employee who said he had setup up addresses on their Biz 223 which this mach replaced how to access the web page which was working fine and machine was printing with old IP address. Customer called later today and said the outside IT person couldn't log on remotely. Think they said he was on the page but somehow lost connection. They can still ping copier & print. Had them do a data initialization and re-input the IP address, also try different browsers, didn't work.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Synthohol
02-25-2019, 10:12 PM
can you access PSWC onsite?

allan
02-25-2019, 11:21 PM
Someone impatient to scan rolled the old machine to the next network point??
Or machine was removed from site?
Try another IP address to see if it can be accessed then.
Unplug machine and ping again.

copyman
02-26-2019, 01:37 AM
Hey Allan, funny you mention that. As I posted on here before I pay a guy to do the networking so my knowledge is just enough to get by. But here is a little more info:

They moved biz 223 to another office on the same or VPN network. He wanted 454 to have same address as the Biz 223 that was moved. They were able to print using 223 driver until the IT people called. He said he went to the other office and manually changed the 223 to a different address, plus he said something that it's a different network, VPN or something like that so it wouldn't matter.
What could of happen between the time I left and when the IT people called. So when IT can't log on they say check with the copier guy, somethings wrong with copier. Ha-ha always blame the copier!

When the same guy I left on web page called late afternoon and told me about all this I have him do a data reset then input a different address, it was 10.10.0.5 and he insisted only changing to 0.6 He was able to ping it but still not log onto web page.

I'm sure if my guy would of went out there to begin with none of this would of happen (all he does is IT setups for Kon/Min). I don't think it's the outside IT people, think it was the guy I left sitting with the interface page up on his computer screen and he had already input several addresses. So I figure he knows what he is doing and I leave, plus he was waiting for a call from that outside IT company to do a remote setup. Figure what the hell could go wrong! I'll tell you, I show them how to put paper into LCC stressing to make sure of the orange flaps, etc. Well they also screwed that up and lcc is isolated now! You have to laugh when you have the delivery from hell. get a few a year that don't go smooth but got to roll with it...

Any other ideas appreciated.

Thanks again

allan
02-26-2019, 02:30 AM
Nope i would go back there and quickly prove there is nothing wrong with the product.
What else can you do.

Think they are referring to virtual networking?

copyman
02-26-2019, 02:56 AM
Yep , I'll have to go back and hook up my laptop and jump onto the PSWC page. But even after that I still need to get their IT people access to webpage to setup scanning remotely. So far one day without scanning, the pressure is on. Been a customer a very long time and part of one of my largest accounts. They only pay this outside company for remote support so that is why important.
My guy is away so I can't even get him to go there. I see where you can go into admin mode, net settings, http and turn on / off the PSWC access. He may of went into admin mode through control panel and turned it off. Anything is possible.

allan
02-26-2019, 07:32 AM
We always over-stress before we get there. 30 min and your done.

copyman
02-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Went there today, Not sure what the heck customer did but first thing I notice is the "insufficient memory" message which tells me HDD was not installed, so set it to "installed". Only way I got web page to work was do ALL data clear under initialization tab in service mode. Then customers PC's were also able to access web page. Told them to contact their IT people to log on. Haven't heard anything so assuming scanning, etc is setup and working now.

Thanks again for the help

Custom Search