PDA

View Full Version : KM 364e E-004 error

Custom Search

Rewind!
02-26-2019, 03:39 PM
Morning fellow techs, we have a 364e throwing us an E-004 error. This is the second machine we have giving the same error, and print/copy output issues (please see attached counter page output) from the same area. We checked every possible hardware, and have swapped out developer, and drum. Everything we see points to the MFP board, but would like to see if anyone has experience dealing with this issue. Reiterating, this is the 2nd machine we put into the same area in our customers site that ends up throwing up this code. A few more points, they have some testing equipment that could possibly generatate some sort of radiation that could be affecting the machine? We initially thought that it could of have been a power related issue, but all electrical checks out ok. Much thanks for your responses.

Much thanks!

JC41829

copier addict
02-26-2019, 04:00 PM
There are bulletins relating to this code. They reference HDD, SSD and MFP board.
You should check them out, could save you a lot of money

allan
02-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Certainly possible had PVC welders affect equipment really bad.
Sounds funny but a roll of aluminum foil connected to mains earth could prove something.
Don't want to be the quack warping the machine in tinfoil:p but could prove or disprove something.
Faraday cage is the things name i think.

If its low frequency with like a couple of feet wave length moving stuff by a little could improve the condition.
Moving a switch board to the other end of the table could help for low freq radio wave interference.

tech51
02-26-2019, 05:19 PM
Had this code on a c454e this afternoon.

Cured by changing the network speed from 100mbs full duplex to auto negotiate 1ghz/100mbs.

Regards.

allan
02-26-2019, 05:55 PM

Cured by changing the network speed from 100mbs full duplex to auto negotiate 1ghz/100mbs.

Regards.

Same print Q issue?

tsbservice
02-26-2019, 06:41 PM
It won't hurt to do Self-diagnostic---> Check all.
This error + this type of abnormal image, sounds bad(MFPB) but may be something as simple as tech51 said.

korthr5
02-26-2019, 07:01 PM
I have the same problem.

I change:
- MFP Board
- Memory
- Hard Drive
- SSD
- The registration Module
- Motor from Main Drive
- Drum
- Developing Unit

And the problem is the same

In this Week i wiil change the Power Suply.

tech51
02-26-2019, 07:04 PM

Regards.

Guess I got lucky then.

I had already done the full diagnostic check which came back all ok.

Rewind!
02-26-2019, 11:42 PM
Much thanks on your responses. If you could update us if the power supply fixes the issue korthr5.

Much thanks!

JC

I have the same problem.

I change:
- MFP Board
- Memory
- Hard Drive
- SSD
- The registration Module
- Motor from Main Drive
- Drum
- Developing Unit

And the problem is the same

In this Week i wiil change the Power Suply.

Rewind!
03-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Wanted to update on the status of our finds. As mentioned the unit was throwing an E-004 error, with really streched out prints. We replaced, the power supply and the print head assy (laser) and the replacement of the print head assy solved the issue. We are still unsure as to what caused it to fail. A bit more background, this copier was next to some testing equipment that test for bacterial growth, water content, and specific particulates. This unit does create its own magnetic field. Also this environment uses these room air sterilization units. Not sure what they are introducing into the enviroment that may cause an issue. Before the Konicas were installed Ricoh MP-C's where in this same location.

Just thowing some horseshoes around to see if anyone has run into this specific issue, with smiliar environments.

Much thanks!

JC

tech51
03-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Had a machine years ago right next to the nuclear reactor at Sizewell A power station (uk). It was literally just the other side of the shielding for the reactor.

It never ran properly! Would overtone or undertone at random intervals, sometimes it wouldn’t even start up!

I had to wear a dosimeter every time I was on site and although I apparently never got an overdose of radiation, I was never totally happy when working on it.

My point is the machines are designed for office environments. Anything outside that is a gamble!

allan
03-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Had a machine years ago right next to the nuclear reactor at Sizewell A power station (uk). It was literally just the other side of the shielding for the reactor.

It never ran properly! Would overtone or undertone at random intervals, sometimes it wouldn’t even start up!

I had to wear a dosimeter every time I was on site and although I apparently never got an overdose of radiation, I was never totally happy when working on it.

My point is the machines are designed for office environments. Anything outside that is a gamble!

Glad i am not the only one to experience that, I could see those rods move in and out from my view as they were doctoring silicone for chip substrates.
Also need those silly shoe covers and can't put your tools on the floor anywhere. Get tested on your way in and out no fancy meter for me.

allan
03-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Wanted to update on the status of our finds. As mentioned the unit was throwing an E-004 error, with really streched out prints. We replaced, the power supply and the print head assy (laser) and the replacement of the print head assy solved the issue. We are still unsure as to what caused it to fail. A bit more background, this copier was next to some testing equipment that test for bacterial growth, water content, and specific particulates. This unit does create its own magnetic field. Also this environment uses these room air sterilization units. Not sure what they are introducing into the enviroment that may cause an issue. Before the Konicas were installed Ricoh MP-C's where in this same location.

Just thowing some horseshoes around to see if anyone has run into this specific issue, with smiliar environments.

Much thanks!

JC

Those air sanitizers are high voltage coronas to generate ozone some with UV lamps and a fan included.
Don't think they will use ozone as that would mess with the stuff they work with think that would be UV only.
Pretty much the same as the corona units in the copier...

Custom Search