PDA

View Full Version : SEIKO Teriostar Wide Format LP-1020

Custom Search

Polo-022
10-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Does anyone work on these copiers? Any experience/opinions plase?

tech2tech
12-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I am a dealer and have been trained on almost every wideformat machine.

Zoren
01-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Seiko Teriostar LP1010 error message: E ENGINE 20CA. The machine wont start up.. What is this error code mean? I'm new to this drawing machine and don't have a service handbook. I appreciate anyone who can give me an idea where to start on this error code.

tech2tech
02-10-2009, 02:07 AM
This site has a detailed trouble shooting procedure. Good Luck. E ENGINE 20CA (http://www.bluelink.us/Bluelink/forum/index.php/topic,4.0.html)

Zoren
02-10-2009, 06:00 AM
tnx for the info.... but what do you mean "lose all the internal meters" when reset sw1 is pressed? will it only reset the machine into default settings...

it got me confused now.. some seiko tech'n said it was the hdd software that got corrupted thats why it gave this error message.. actually, i am waiting for a new hdd.. but with your info its worth a try doing that reset.

tech2tech
02-10-2009, 02:22 PM
According to the service manual the reset will reset the meter count for the number of prints made. Let me know what the solution ends up being. Good luck

Zoren
02-14-2009, 10:03 AM
i tried resetting sw1 but nothing happens. the same error message is still there. and to my curiosity i tried also turning on the machine w/o the hdd connected, same error message. i was hoping w/o the hdd connected the machine will give me another error message. but when i read the user manual hdd is some how only for the stored data to be printed and it also mentioned there "if the hdd is installed" so, the machine can operate w/o an hdd installed. it also means this error message i have now is not related to that hdd. maybe you can give me more detailed about this error message....

i dont have a "handy manual" for this machine, thanks for any advice...

tech2tech
02-15-2009, 04:29 AM
The only solution to this error is replacing or repairing (if its possible) the board. Just remember when the board is replaced you must remove the NVRAM chip from the original board to put on the new board. If you need someone to purchase the board from let me know.

Zoren
02-15-2009, 06:21 AM
one more thing, what possible cause triggered that error code... coz i am wondering how i can prevent that from happening again. finance thinks an $800 control board for an 8 month old machine is costly.....

tech2tech
02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Their are 2 common causes of boards going bad early. The first being caused from a electrical surge. I alwayse supply line conditioners to my customers for this reason. Cost for this is around $100.00. The second problem is a defective part on the board from the manufacturer. Their is no precautions you can take for this but if this is the case they usally will go bad fairly quick. If you send me the serial number of your machine I will see if I can get a Warranty Replacement on the board. Their are no guarentees but it wont hurt to try before replacing it. Just out of curiosity If you have the front of the boards exposed and power up the machine which of the LEDS light up on that board?

Zoren
02-15-2009, 04:59 PM
just as i expected u would say...... there was a power surge at the time it gave that error message... if the company agrees to purchase that control board i would also recommend to buy a UPS as well to be installed also on that machine......

i'll let you know tomorrow w/c led's are lit coz the front cover is still open... about the serial # i'll check that too.. eng'ng... told me the machine is barely a yr old, when they start using it and it broke down about 6 months ago. i'm sure, plus the 6 months it did not work, its over a yr now.....

Zoren
02-16-2009, 09:28 AM
led's that are lit on the control board u mentioned b4,

pwr led#1 located beside dip sw #4
led#'s 5 and 6 located beside dip sw #2
led# 10 located above pwr led to the right

and the machine serial# 68M2394E

tech2tech
02-18-2009, 03:32 AM
I checked with my sales rep from Seiko and they have a 90 day warranty on the equipment after install. If you need a source for ordering the board or any questions about the install let me know. Thanks Larry B.

Zoren
02-18-2009, 05:46 AM
if i dont find that board in my area, i'll just send u a private message... thanks for the help

ciao

Custom Search