PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 223 lines

Custom Search

copyman
02-28-2019, 01:16 PM
Getting thin lines (see attached) ONLY when copying off glass. Copying through ADF & printing is fine.

First thing comes to mind is bad CCD unit since only happens when copying off glass? Not sure why copying using feeder would be good if CCD was bad.

Thanks for any ideas

copier addict
02-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Maybe a silly question, but have you cleaned the glass, mirrors and lens yet?

Hansoon
02-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Not sure why copying using feeder would be good if CCD was bad.

Though the same CCD is processing the data scanned via the ADF there's a difference when scanned directly from the platen glass.

How about internal prints?

The picture is totally useless for the purpose, but what might be visible, could be a worn drum and/or cleaning blade though this does not yet explain why there's a difference between ADF and platen.

Hans

allan
02-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Why do i always go to the extreme with my ideas.
Noise from the scanner motor driving the optics. Or the vibration from there somewhere.
I would redo the CCD connectors.

blackcat4866
02-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Does anybody notice the radical skew/distortion of this internal print?

My first thought that it's a 10th generation image (copy, then copy the copy, then copy the copy, then copy the copy, etc.). It's not a great original image to use for evaluating image quality.

Hans has a good point though: Sure it's the same CCD used to scan from both the slit glass and the copyboard glass, but the machine uses entirely separate data tables for these two different original sources. I had a Kyocera Alphard that the color images through the DF were severely off (imagine if the color wheel was rotated 120 degrees out). It turned out to be a corrupted data table on the scanner control board.

But before I got started looking for something really exotic, I'd start by just cleaning the optics. =^..^=

copyman
03-01-2019, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Just to be clear, the internal test pages, printing & copying when "using ADF" are all good. Sorry for confusion, I had customer use the good internal test page to place on glass to test. Copying off glass has the thin squiggly lines almost evenly spaced apart. No not drum or cleaning blade, ha-ha please give me a little more credit I know what bad quality from drum, blade, etc looks like after 40+ yrs in the business. Wouldn't be posting here if not weird lines I've never seen before.

I have rescanned the sample with different resolution, but sometimes high quality attachments don't work on this forum.

Going out there in next few days. Fortunately they don't copy off the glass.

Toxic
03-01-2019, 09:23 AM
How scan to PC from original glass looks like?

copyman
03-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Hey toxic, Don't think they are setup for scanning but I will check, if so I will have them scan off the glass and see what it looks like.

srvctec
03-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Hey toxic, Don't think they are setup for scanning but I will check, if so I will have them scan off the glass and see what it looks like.

Even if they aren't set up to scan, if it has a HDD, you will be able to scan to a thumb drive and see what the scan looks like, as another option.

tsbservice
03-01-2019, 02:43 PM
I would clean optics, shading plate, reconnect all from CCD, MFP, and other scanner related boards.

Toxic
03-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Can you put that sample on some online web location, in this attached thumbnail we cant see anything. ;)
Somebody mention skew problem but its hard to see in such small photo...
If you check how scan looks like i think you can exclude whole scanner unit from this issue.

copyman
03-16-2019, 02:29 AM
As I first suspected it turned out to be the CCD unit. Just to be clear if this ever happens to someone else, the lines were perfectly straight & evenly spaced apart about 1/8 inch across whole page. The image of what you were copying was also on the paper, again only when placing original on glass. Pages are perfect when using ADF or when printing.

Custom Search