PDA

View Full Version : 8 Series paper dust - white spots.

Custom Search

MVPunisher
03-01-2019, 01:07 PM
I have multiple machines in this new 8 series presenting white spots on halftones. The machines are covered in paper dust , clean it and its back in 100 prints. It is easy to blame the paper, but these are customers who have been running this same trash paper for years. These customers have 4 series machines that do not have these issues. It is multiple machines at different customers locations now.

Also I have seemed to notice that Black 1 PC halftones do not exhibit these symptoms. If I run 100 color halftones the colors clear up and stay good, until I go back to black only printing...then when I revert back to color the colors look bad again.... It seems like the black does not get contaminated ever because the drum stays pressed again belt, preventing paper dust from getting in>? And the colors get soiled being retracted away from belt.

I can manually turn the developing units and literally watch paper dust shoot off onto the black guide....I am replacing the developing units on one of these soon (not 100% used) but I am very skeptical that it isn't going to come right back?

I am not really sure what is happening I am just curious if other people are running into this issue more and more with 8 series?

Gift
03-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Not seeing any different behaviour for the C308 series compared to the xx4 series here. Even if someone sticks with his paper supplier there's no ensurance that the quality is ever the same.

Custom Search