PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C360 fuser temperature as it relates to wrapping around fuser

Custom Search

pick
03-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Intermittent wrapping the lower roller on a Konica C360 . Not sure if fuser temperature change will correct or just making a Thick paper change will correct fusing issue ?

Phil B.
03-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Intermittent wrapping the lower roller on a Konica C360 . Not sure if fuser temperature change will correct or just making a Thick paper change will correct fusing issue ?

page count on fuser?
worn spots?

if they are copying/printing and there is not enough white border at top edge it will wrap.

seen injet paper with heavy fill also wrap

pick
03-01-2019, 06:32 PM
I appreciate your reply , the machine does have a good lead edge void as well it has the void top , bottom , trai & lead edge voids . I have replaced fuser mutliple times and will run a couple of weeks . When they do experience it's two sided with heavy saturation . I had another to do the same and when they run two sided heavy saturation while then adjusting to Thick 1 setting no wrapping the roller or jamming . Manual does not talk much on Thick settings , and if 2nd image transfer and fuser temp are affected ?

tech51
03-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Well if it’s not an issue for the customer to run the job at thick1 then get them to do that.

If not then raise the fuser temp.

Either way it’s got to be less expensive than replacing fusers.

One other thing though, are they using km toners?

Phil B.
03-01-2019, 07:32 PM
I appreciate your reply , the machine does have a good lead edge void as well it has the void top , bottom , trai & lead edge voids . I have replaced fuser mutliple times and will run a couple of weeks . When they do experience it's two sided with heavy saturation . I had another to do the same and when they run two sided heavy saturation while then adjusting to Thick 1 setting no wrapping the roller or jamming . Manual does not talk much on Thick settings , and if 2nd image transfer and fuser temp are affected ?Thick would be selected in driver

When selecting thick..paper feed slows..fuse temp boosts
Is print flaking off page? Or rub off?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pick
03-01-2019, 07:49 PM
There in is another question , manual does not give details regarding the changes the machine makes when selecting Thick settings . In reading your reply you mentioned "slows speed of media and increases fuser temp" . Thx for the clarification . Can you give a for instances for increasing and decreasing fuser temp . as a adjustment ? Thx .

Phil B.
03-01-2019, 08:18 PM
There in is another question , manual does not give details regarding the changes the machine makes when selecting Thick settings . In reading your reply you mentioned "slows speed of media and increases fuser temp" . Thx for the clarification . Can you give a for instances for increasing and decreasing fuser temp . as a adjustment ? Thx .

on 80gsm paper it prints and bonds toner properly...

as you increase weight (gsm) of the paper (thickness) it takes more heat to bond properly...

slowing paper speed allows paper to stay in fuser longer.. therefore heating the paper more

this is all explained in the Theory section for each part group Feed-Charge-Transfer-Fuser-Exit

Custom Search