PDA

View Full Version : Noise bizhub 458

Custom Search

Bix
03-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Hi guys,
I have an annoying problem with a bizhub 458.
For about 3 days I'm trying to solve this annoying noise that you hear in the video: YouTube (https://youtu.be/qiV9iR4bKC8)

It is a printer with around 400,000 copies and has always received regular maintenance with original consumables (drum, tray rollers, transfer belt ecc.).
It also has an FS-536 finisher but the problem is located on the machine. In fact, the noise comes in the upper part, exactly towards the output of the sheets (both single copy and two-sided copy).

I tried to clean and grease the gears I could see by opening the right-hand door of the printer without success.

The noise seems to come just above the fuser. I think it's a fuser problem, even if it has not yet reached its life (in the manual it says 600k).

What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance

tech51
03-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Have you had the exit/reversal unit out and inspected it yet?

There is a bush that wears out on the upper part of the exit unit which allows the drive belt to jump.

Only had a couple of machines do this out of a couple of hundred I have out there but it does happen.

You will have to remove and inspect the unit as the part that wears is not visible with the unit in place.

Bix
03-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Hello thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, not yet. In the past I disassembled it in a MFP but I do not remember bushes. Maybe you mean gear? Sorry for my English. Currently I have only lubricated them (only the visible ones), with some grease. Do you have any advice on where to inspect?

Thanks again! :)

allan
03-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Part no 1 is your problem there.

Jip the belt slips but does not jam.
I drill a hole where the busing is and glue a brass bushing in there.
Started doing that after replacing the part, just leads to the same failure.
Hopefully there is a revision made by now.

Bix
03-01-2019, 09:44 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it's in metal. What could have happened to cause that noise and then request replacement?

Thanks for the support :)

Bix
03-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Ok, maybe I understand what you mean. Under that holder there is something rubber / other material that over time is consumed and it blows the belt?

Bix
03-01-2019, 10:18 PM
I saw that they modified the piece in the part list (from A79J897611 became A79J897612) on 04/04/04.
The machine was installed a few months after that date, so I do not know if their modification was effective.

allan
03-01-2019, 11:21 PM
That plastic is too soft to carry a shaft.
That mod does not seem to address to problem the way i would do it...
Its a 50 min job to get there and back on a slow strike. Plenty of covers needs to come off.

The belt survives it only the tension goes due to the shaft chewing the plastic in that direction.
Noise is from the belt jumping teeth

Bix
03-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Hello, piece arrived and now I will try to replace it. The piece is all plastic. I saw that inside there are little teeth, also in very light plastic.

Before the piece arrived, I did some proof. If I hold a plastic up on the rollers with my finger, the noise is gone. I wanted to try but put a thickness but then it's a problem when they do duplex

allan
03-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Hello, piece arrived and now I will try to replace it. The piece is all plastic. I saw that inside there are little teeth, also in very light plastic.

Before the piece arrived, I did some proof. If I hold a plastic up on the rollers with my finger, the noise is gone. I wanted to try but put a thickness but then it's a problem when they do duplex

Now keep the old part and use an old 652 feed unit bushing to fix it.

Bix
03-11-2019, 09:51 AM
From which mfp can I find that part code?
Do you think I can get back to the problem with the holder 612 soon?
thank you!

allan
03-11-2019, 03:19 PM
From which mfp can I find that part code?
Do you think I can get back to the problem with the holder 612 soon?
thank you!

Really don't need to order it. Did you change that part out already?
Its the most common bushing on the minolta machines even the a plastic one from a B223 feed unit will work.

Bix
03-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Hi, yes I have ordered and recently replaced.
I saw that a hole in the piece is dug. The plastic has worn out. Now I have also put some fat in the new piece to reduce friction. The noise has disappeared

On other models, they did not seem similar to me. Do you say I could take it from another mfp?

thank you for all! ;)

allan
03-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Have to correct myself.
It was a plastic bushing:rolleyes:

tsbservice
03-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Yep, interesting topic to watch. A litlle confusion with bushing.
I think it is number 1.
Part number A0ED891100, and this is regular plastic bushing used everywhere.

allan
03-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Take a busing from a bizhub 223 feed unit, you know the black ones.
Then take the worn out part from the 458 and fit the bushing center to where the hole for the shaft should be by drilling and using a file.

You can fix the bad part to use again.

When i received the first new part i did not even bother to install it, i removed and fixed the existing one.
The same thing was bound to happen with the replacement as there was no revision done on it yet.

Custom Search