PDA

View Full Version : C203 magenta completely across prints

Custom Search

mrfuser
03-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Machine was working great then suddenly started printing completely magenta across all color output. Replaced transfer belt as the old one has a small hole and same result. Is this a bad magenta imaging unit?

Phil B.
03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Machine was working great then suddenly started printing completely magenta across all color output. Replaced transfer belt as the old one has a small hole and same result. Is this a bad magenta imaging unit?

well.. sorry my crystal ball is broken...

how many pages on the IU?
is the IU clean or covered w/ toner?
total on machine?
did you do a stop test?
is the belt also covered?
can you see any text under the magenta?
you pulled the belt.. did you do a visual on the contacts?
you need to provide more info for us to help you

allan
03-04-2019, 07:09 PM
You can borrow mine its loaded with the latest firmware.

Strong signal from the ribbon cable....

mrfuser
03-04-2019, 07:32 PM
Drum clean , belt fine. Weather a bit cloudy🤪

I seem to remember there was a fix for this somewhere on these models I just can’t seem to get my brain to wrap around it at the moment And was hoping somebody else out there could remember

allan
03-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Fixed similar issues on this model and the C252's.

Remove the controller at the back to uncover the ribbon cables.
Cut a small strip of the front with a sharp scissor to get past the old impression left on it to put fresh copper back into the connector.
Normally caused by bad HV or laser contacts.

907tec
03-04-2019, 09:12 PM
I've had full-color background caused by failing printheads on the cXX3 series. If cleaning up the ribbon cables doesn't work, try swapping color lasers to see if the problem moves.

mrfuser
03-04-2019, 09:36 PM
How Big of a job is it to swap printheads? I’ve never had to do that on one of these

Synthohol
03-04-2019, 09:42 PM
is there a corona cleaner stuck halfway?
swap drums around yet?

907tec
03-04-2019, 09:45 PM
There are some little clips that can be annoying, but I'd rate it as one of the easier KM machines for PH swaps. Just take your time when seating the printheads, making sure they are snugged up nicely.

copyman
03-04-2019, 09:47 PM
It's a big job to swap or replace the print heads. Don't look into this too much. Replace the magenta Image unit and be done with it!

Yes image units can go all of a sudden. Bad laser would be more of blank page, no image problem, not color on page.

mrfuser
03-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Replaced iu, same result. Full magenta page. Maybe bad ground in back?

copyman
03-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Ok, if you tried another IU then you have to look at high voltage problem, bias for background, etc.

Could be a contact but I've never had to clean any on that model and I was servicing a lot of them at one time.

I could be wrong about the print head but again I was servicing a lot of them at one time and only time I replaced PH's was for laser error codes, never for full color background. Especially the older serial #'s with old style PH's, cold really affected the motors not quality. There was a bulletin to change setting to make them spin longer in cold weather or something like that.

mrfuser
03-05-2019, 01:17 AM
Bad contacts on power supply to imaging unit! Sheesh that’s a no fun job!!!

copyman
03-05-2019, 01:48 AM
Ouch! At least they changed design and made easier to open rear cage on newer machines. Actually the main thing and PIA is getting the rear cage out of the way. I disconnect only the connectors needed and let cage hang to right. Of course you have to remove fax, hdd, some covers and a lot of screws first. Once you have cage out of the way HV pwb is right there.

Let me know if you need anything. Have several working machines.

mrfuser
03-05-2019, 02:04 AM
Some New knees after working on the floor for five hours on this dumb machine would be nice !!

Very stupid design On these old Dogs

copyman
03-05-2019, 04:13 AM
I hear you, have knots on both my knees, bad back from 40 years of servicing these beast. What did my back in was 2nd floor deliveries, carrying by hand. Didn't even know there was such a thing as motorized stair climber haha. Only thing that makes it worth taking apart a machine that much is it takes care of the initial problem and no new issues happen from taking it apart. Good luck

Custom Search