PDA

View Full Version : FS-534 joggers

Custom Search

copyman
03-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Another weird one, when "printing only" the joggers work fine until the 10th page, it ejects the first ten pages fine then next page it will catch the paper and wrinkle the edge. ONLY when printing, doesn't do it copying.

I swapped whole finisher main body & did finisher adjustments still does it.

Anyone ever see this?

Thanks

blackcat4866
03-07-2019, 03:14 PM
They're called Regulating Plates, and a search might have brought you up thus post:

FS-534 alignment plate wearing. (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/104455-fs-534-alignment-plate-wearing.html)
=^..^=

copyman
03-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Thanks cat. I'm aware of the "regulating plate" issue. But as I posted this is strange as it only happens when printing not copying. If it was the common issue you refer to and I'm aware of wouldn't it do with both copying & printing? You can watch it work perfectly when copying, same exact operation as when printing, but with printing it will eject the first set and next page catch.
Also I swapped a finisher which only had 31K on it. The original finisher had 80k. Logically thinking, what are the chances of both these low meter finishers causing the problem?

tech51
03-08-2019, 07:49 PM
I had something similar a couple of years back.

This one would copy booklets ok but jam in the finisher when printing the same job from a pc.

Ended up doing a full data clear on the main body.

Believe it or not it ran perfectly afterwards.

Might be worth doing on your machine since it doesn’t appear to be the finisher.

copier addict
03-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Another weird one, when "printing only" the joggers work fine until the 10th page, it ejects the first ten pages fine then next page it will catch the paper and wrinkle the edge. ONLY when printing, doesn't do it copying.

I swapped whole finisher main body & did finisher adjustments still does it.

Anyone ever see this?

Thanks

When you installed the finisher did you upgrade the firmware at the same time. Might be worth a try.

copyman
03-08-2019, 10:29 PM
I was thinking same thing with the data clear. I will bring latest FW with me. Just to be clear the machine does not jam when it catches, it just wrinkles the edge of paper.

Was also thinking about trying a different driver since only happening when printing. Now that is NOT logical thinking. What the hell would the driver have to do with it!

srvctec
03-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Was also thinking about trying a different driver since only happening when printing. Now that is NOT logical thinking. What the hell would the driver have to do with it!

Unless the driver somehow thinks the paper is narrower than it is and thus making the finisher crunch in the alignment guides a bit too far, causing the crease? I seriously doubt that's possible, though.

blackcat4866
03-09-2019, 01:06 AM
... Was also thinking about trying a different driver since only happening when printing. Now that is NOT logical thinking. What the hell would the driver have to do with it!

When none of the logical things work, it must necessarily be one of the illogical things. The reasoning usually become clearer when you've narrowed your field of view.

Keep us informed. =^..^=

copyman
03-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Will report back what I find.

Custom Search