PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Print Test Page from PS Driver

Custom Search

patk
03-07-2019, 03:43 PM
Hi- Can anyone suggest anything here

Client uses Konica Minolta PS Driver to print PDFs to Bizhub C308 but jobs constantly error out and do not leave print queue.

I have deleted the PS driver and print queue entirely and reinstalled using PS diver 9.1.16.0. and cannot get the machine to print anything even a test page.

The Konica Minolta PCL driver prints perfectly using the same port.

They are using Windows !0 Pro x64 PCs

Any ideas?

Cheers
Pat

tsbservice
03-07-2019, 07:46 PM
A couple:
- Machine has old FW, try to update FW.
- Did you go with automatic driver installation using an installer or manual installation using Add Printer? Sometimes automatic installer sucks.

patk
03-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Thanks for that

F/W is latest version GC1-W4
I didn't use Auto-installer, did manual install via Add Printer

Cheers
Pat

D Colour
03-08-2019, 09:32 AM
We have had a few problems were print jobs would just go into the queue, sit there and never print. I don't think it is the same issue as you are having as you say the PCL driver prints out fine.

In our case it was a print spool problem. If you run this tool it will clear it. But i have my doubts this is your solution. Its worth a try.

(Solved) How to Fix Print Spooler not Running - Free Fixit Download (https://www.techsupportall.com/print-spooler-is-not-running/)

patk
03-08-2019, 09:55 AM
We have had a few problems were print jobs would just go into the queue, sit there and never print. I don't think it is the same issue as you are having as you say the PCL driver prints out fine.

In our case it was a print spool problem. If you run this tool it will clear it. But i have my doubts this is your solution. Its worth a try.

(Solved) How to Fix Print Spooler not Running - Free Fixit Download (https://www.techsupportall.com/print-spooler-is-not-running/)

Thanks for that

I had already checked out the print spooler. Stops and restarts just fine, no error messages and PCL driver is operating normally.

Cheers
Pat

D Colour
03-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Is the issue the same on all the PC's? Or just 1

"Use Printer Offline" wouldn't be ticked?

Bix
03-08-2019, 10:34 AM
This could be stupid but ... did you restart your computer?

patk
03-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Hi
Printer Not offline
PC was restarted

Also connected laptop to printer via crossover cable and printed via PS driver normally so not a problem with the C308

Cheers
Pat.

copier addict
03-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Hi
Printer Not offline
PC was restarted

Also connected laptop to printer via crossover cable and printed via PS driver normally so not a problem with the C308

Cheers
Pat.

Is the C308 using account track or user authentication?

patk
03-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Is the C308 using account track or user authentication?

Thanks for reply

No - Account Track and User authentication both disabled. And Printing Preferences set to Print, not send to User Box etc

Cheers
Pat

Bix
03-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Does the print remain queued in the PC or is it sent to the printer and then not printed?

Check to see if something appears in the job list of the printer.

patk
03-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Does the print remain queued in the PC or is it sent to the printer and then not printed?

Thanks for reply

Job remains queued on PC, does not reach printer. Get failed to print error message

Cheers
Pat

Bix
03-08-2019, 03:50 PM
The computer is like it does not detect PostScript support in the printer.

You try to go to Printers> Right click> Printer Properties> Configure> Get Settings ... and enter the IP address Manually.

In the "Ports" section, make sure there is a flag on "Enable bidirectional support" and disable "Enable print spool" (make sure this flag is not present in all drivers).

In advanced, set "Always available" and "Use the spooler to speed up the printing process". Disable "Do not print documents with mismatched settings".

Alternatively, try reinstalling the PostScript driver with Konica Minolta installer.

Try to see if the previous firmware occurs. HEX Assignment:
No. 25
HEX A0 -> Function Version 4.1

rrrohan
03-10-2019, 05:30 AM
Thanks for that

F/W is latest version GC1-W4
I didn't use Auto-installer, did manual install via Add Printer

Cheers
Pat

why do they want PostScript so bad, if PCL works then just use that?

Also i would re download the driver maybe something is corrupt

blackcat4866
03-10-2019, 05:20 PM
If it's just the one PC acting out, then I'd connect my laptop to that network cable and do a ping back to the server, or printer, or any other node on the network. You might find that you've got a slow network connection or dupe on that PC. =^..^=

allan
03-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Also try LPR as port type.

Synthohol
03-10-2019, 10:06 PM
not for nothing, in pagescope, can you choose the "personality" of the printer?
usually PCL or PS and AUTO are the choices. maybe yours id set to PCL instead of auto and obliterates a PS job coming in.

also in user/printer settings, is PS an option?
can you also print the PS font test pages?

NeoMatrix
03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Try deleting all the files in the PC spooler directory on each PC. There could be a PC with a corrupted file jamming/hogging print queue.

Below is a batch file that deletes all files in the print queue on each PC.

hhttp://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/97276-all-one-i-t-tech-software.html#post561092

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/97276-all-one-i-t-tech-software.html#post561092

HTH

ajayprajapati
09-18-2019, 12:36 PM

Hello Bix,
I had the similar issue in past. You can try print test page online to figure out the solution.

Custom Search