PDA

View Full Version : OKI ES3640a3 prints white pages black

Custom Search

CB_1972_HHE
03-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Hi everybody,

after having "revived" the ES3640pro I'm trying the breathe life back into the spare part supplying ES3640a3. I prints white paper completely black (no margin left); the transfer belt is fully covered with C M Y, not simultaneously but one behind the other. I swapped the drums and cartridges from the 3640pro forth and back and it did not change anything. The transfer belt has been swapped as well. It prints black on the 3640a3 and o.k. on the 3640pro.

Any ideas where to look?
What does this point out to on other brands / types of printer?

I appreciate any idea.

Thank you & Best regards Chris

The previous thread:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/other-brands/136436-oki-es3640-showing-error-380-paper-jam-no-peper-found.html

Phil B.
03-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Hi everybody,
after having "revived" the ES3640pro I'm trying the breathe life back into the spare part supplying ES3640a3. I prints white paper completely black (no margin left); the transfer belt is fully covered with C M Y, not simultaneously but one behind the other. I swapped the drums and cartridges from the 3640pro forth and back and it did not change anything. The transfer belt has been swapped as well. It prints black on the 3640a3 and o.k. on the 3640pro.Any ideas where to look?
What does this point out to on other brands / types of printer?
I appreciate any idea.
Thank you & Best regards ChrisThe previous thread:
OKI ES3640 showing error 380 (Paper Jam) - no peper found.... (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/other-brands/136436-oki-es3640-showing-error-380-paper-jam-no-peper-found.html)

End User or Tech?
Do you have Manuals?
What are the page counts on Drums/Toners/fuser/Belt?
( you cannot use USED Oki Drums/Toners on another machine.. they are clocked and will not show proper life)
OEM or Compat toners/drums?
how clean are the contacts on those supplies?

majx75
03-11-2019, 01:17 AM
also, make sure that the black "gates" that cover the laser units are opening when the lid is shut. Slowly close it and make sure they open, otherwise you will get those results. had same issue and wound up removing them per oki service tech suggestion.

Phil B.
03-11-2019, 02:17 AM
also, make sure that the black "gates" that cover the laser units are opening when the lid is shut. Slowly close it and make sure they open, otherwise you will get those results. had same issue and wound up removing them per oki service tech suggestion.

yeah forgot about that one.. sent 3 days doing the " Mod"

CB_1972_HHE
03-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Hi Phil and majx75,

thank you for your ideas - just looking at these "gates" was pointing me to the "smoking gun" I was looking for. They do not open when lowering the lid (I admit I should have seen this). I can not instantly verify as I sucessfully transfered the Error 380 (Paper Jam) to this machine but will update this post once I found out.

also, make sure that the black "gates" that cover the laser units are opening when the lid is shut. Slowly close it and make sure they open, otherwise you will get those results. had same
issue and wound up removing them per oki service tech suggestion.

I'm an ambitioned end user, the wife is using the 3640pro to publish art. As Phil points out is swapping the supplies not the best idea; however I hoped it was helping me to narrow down the issue... The machines only ever saw original OKI supplies and the supplies was never tampered with (62mA fuse, ...). We considered it but saw every time the significant quality improvement in the print upon replacing the worn out drum with a brand new one.

PS: Looking at my yesterday's post gives me the chill - more typos than content, sorry.

Thank's again - I will keep this thread up to date - Chris

Custom Search