PDA

View Full Version : Holding Print Jobs

Custom Search

mike10_13
03-12-2019, 10:08 PM
I have a Konica Minolta c308 that is being used with the IC card secure printing. When they go to the Machine, insert the piv card and enter the piv pin, the machine automatically looks for the print jobs. It then Prints all the jobs. They would like the option to choose which jobs the machine prints or to delete the jobs. I am not sure if the Konica can be setup for this option.

tsbservice
03-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Do they use some third party software like SAFEQ or PaperCut? If so it can be configured with them for sure.

mike10_13
03-13-2019, 12:14 AM
No third party software.

rrrohan
03-13-2019, 01:44 AM
No third party software.

is it secure print or ID/Print

if its just ID/Print then when they log in there is a option to login without printing. Access Basic screen i think its called.

then they just go to their userbox to print the jobs

patk
03-13-2019, 12:24 PM

if its just ID/Print then when they log in there is a option to login without printing. Access Basic screen i think its called.

On the C308 its been changed from Access Basic Screen to "Login without Print". Also you can setup an ID & Print button on the menu so users dont have to navigate user boxes.

REGSIS
03-14-2019, 08:03 AM

If the job(s) is output imediately after login without ability to select then it's a ID & print.

Secure printing:

On driver output method should be "secure print". In that case a print job is received and stored in HDD (with its username and password - it's different from authentification id and pass).
Within user box/system/secure print enter username and password (inputed in driver's preferences) and you'll be able to see all the documents sent with that credentials.
You can delete or print selected documents.
Or even you can leave it for later. You can even change some output options like if you sent job in colour it is stored in colur but you can change output to grayscale if you want.

After printout job is deleted.
Job is also deleted if it stays longer then pre-defined period of time without being printed (1day, 3 days, 7 days...)

Custom Search