PDA

View Full Version : Crooked scan to folders/emails

Custom Search

Bix
03-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Hello,
Today I had a particular customer. He would like his scans to the PC/emails, without inclinations.

The machine in question is a 227. I tried to solve with the alignment of the DF screws and if I try to make the copies, the prints look good. If instead I scan to PC/email, the scan looks slightly crooked.

I used the same documents for the test. Is this according to you possible? What are your skills to best solve the problems of inclinations?

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
03-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Originals scanned as copies should be exactly as skewed as originals scanned for SMB, facsimile, and email. It's the same document feeder ... isn't it? =^..^=

zoraldinho
03-14-2019, 03:33 PM

Bix
03-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Yes, it's the same.
Also I am of the same thought only that on paper it seems straight while on PC it seems slightly crooked.I have tried several times

I think it's a matter of eye. I didn't try to measure with the ruler but I think it's a too fussy customer. :rolleyes::p
I usually try to solve with the adjustment of the screws but I wanted to try an ADF Automatic Adjustment.
Do you say you can help? I would not like to make the situation worse.

Thanks a lot :)

greglogston
03-14-2019, 08:03 PM
I had a machine that the customer said it was crooked when scanned to pc or email also. What ended up being the fix for me was the screws in the frame were wollered out and stripped. Left side of the scanner where the support goes when it's brand new. It caused the scanner to sag and would cause crooked scans occasionally.

allan
03-14-2019, 08:53 PM
Yes, it's the same.
Also I am of the same thought only that on paper it seems straight while on PC it seems slightly crooked.I have tried several times

I think it's a matter of eye. I didn't try to measure with the ruler but I think it's a too fussy customer. :rolleyes::p
I usually try to solve with the adjustment of the screws but I wanted to try an ADF Automatic Adjustment.

Then find an adjustment sheet and give it a go.
As per the post above it could be a frame issue. Its a terrible downgrade from the previous series scanners all yucky plastic.

Put a piece of folded paper under the one side of his computer monitor to even things out.

rrrohan
03-15-2019, 11:20 AM
if scans look crooked make sure the aln issue isnt with the scanner itself by seeing if skew also occurs when using the glass.

no point adjusting ADF if its the scanner under glass thats the problem

Bix
03-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Yes, the problem is found only through DF. There are no problems on the glass.

@greglogston @allan you mean that piece of plastic in the lower left that is attached with a piece of tape in the first installation?

thank you :)

copier addict
03-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Yes, it's the same.

The DF adjustment in service mode doesn't correct skew, it simply gives you a number so you have an idea of how many turns to make on the adjustment screw. You still have to make the mechanical adjustment.
When I am making skew adjustments I put LEF paper in a tray and print off the bird test page. Then I copy it through the DF and check it for skew by rolling it so the bottom line touches. This tells you how far the DF is out of alignment and you can make the adjustment accordingly.
Hope this helps.

emujo2
03-15-2019, 08:05 PM
There are also DF adjustments in service mode including skew measurment and correction. One thing that bit me in the past was a tech had jimmied up a machine to correct for copy skew when the issue was with the DF...In other words he adusted the main body instead of the ADF. In this case, copies looked OK, but prints and scans has a little skew. You do require that special test chart to do these adjustnents..Emujo

Bliki BZ
03-17-2019, 12:41 AM
ADF may come as a option if you have a DF-628 get to the installation manual there in detail you can follow all mechanical adjustments first then need the test chart that comes with adf its white with black border check where the user manual is stored in holder install tech should leave it there and follow all steps using this chart . Copier addict is correct to also use bird test page using border outline as a reference to test skew in adf. there is also a spec it may be plus or minus 2 mm.

allan
03-17-2019, 12:46 PM
Yes, the problem is found only through DF. There are no problems on the glass.

@greglogston @allan you mean that piece of plastic in the lower left that is attached with a piece of tape in the first installation?

thank you :)

Not sure to exactly what greglonston is referring to.
Do you get like wavy lines on the lead edge?
Post a scan.

Synthohol
03-17-2019, 02:49 PM
FWIW, if you click OCR you can deskew the docs. not in preview but the real doc.
as far as why they are skewed to begin with, have you tried lifting the front left corner of the scanner with at least 10 LBs of force and tried to scan?
i find customers lean on the scanner or put something heavy on it and the scans become trapezoid and the scanner just sits there crooked.

tsbservice
03-17-2019, 05:03 PM
There are also DF adjustments in service mode including skew measurment and correction. One thing that bit me in the past was a tech had jimmied up a machine to correct for copy skew when the issue was with the DF...In other words he adusted the main body instead of the ADF. In this case, copies looked OK, but prints and scans has a little skew. You do require that special test chart to do these adjustnents..Emujo

This sounds like a perfect twisted test for a newbee techs.
In fact I can think many experts may fail miserably on it if time is limited.

allan
03-17-2019, 10:15 PM
This sounds like a perfect twisted test for a newbee techs.
In fact I can think many experts may fail miserably on it if time is limited.

Pro print shops and double sided registration comes to mind.
Leaving with the promise i will get it better next time when i have time...

Bix
03-18-2019, 09:56 AM
as far as why they are skewed to begin with, have you tried lifting the front left corner of the scanner with at least 10 LBs of force and tried to scan?
i find customers lean on the scanner or put something heavy on it and the scans become trapezoid and the scanner just sits there crooked.

This solution is often effective:rolleyes:
But never let the customer do it, he would be able to overturn the copier

allan
03-18-2019, 10:53 AM
hehe just keep Tarzan out of the office. Now i know why its messed up, found Jane bending over to put paper in the machine.

Albonline
03-18-2019, 08:18 PM

this is the most common thing to happen! unit was "Fixxed" wrong to begin with.

Custom Search