PDA

View Full Version : Jamming jamming in the delivery tray on finsher

Custom Search

imagertech
03-14-2019, 06:42 PM
customer has a bizhub 421 and we took the inerfinsher off and installed a new FN4 a big one. So I had to install a what I will call a delivery unit AU? well it will copy one fine all day, but ask for 5 by the third it jams.
I am seeing that that unit the paper goes slower than the machine so by the third page the next one gets on top of it and then jams. I followed installation instructions. Can I adjust the speed? do I need to change a soft switch?
I am not a Minolta tech but a canon and sharp tech of 30 years and I don't have a book. this was only going to be a one time but so far its not.

Desert Rat
03-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Imagertech,
I've gotten into things like that also.
How does the paper spacing look with out the finisher?
If this is a used unit I would be inclined to check the drive system first.
Make sure you have good pressure on the rollers in the bridge unit.
I may be able to help with some information. Check your PM's.

DR

imagertech
03-14-2019, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. the bridge is new out of box. but as I am not a minollta tech I am not sure if there is more than one. The drive is from the delivery roller section of the machine and the red delivery rollers then send the paper to the bridge
and that's when the paper slows. almost like it is setup for a slower machine. this is a 421. I would think it is plug and play like on the sharps, no mater the speed because the drive is from the copier itself. But I am not sure. I see the paper slow as it goes from the fuser into the delivery. the jam starts after two pages.

Desert Rat
03-20-2019, 12:54 AM
Would you like the manual?

Dr

allan
03-20-2019, 07:38 AM
Is this a restoration for a museum?

imagertech
03-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Would you like the manual?

DrYes I would love the manual.

imagertech
03-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Is this a restoration for a museum?
LOL no he knows its old but likes it. So he purchased a new in the box sorter and a transport unit. I am a sharp and some canon guy but I have installed a lot of finishers in my day. The orange delivery rollers are in bad shape, so I started there but the paper comes out of the machine fine. In face that's when the problems occur. they start to slow when the hit the transport and then by the third one they are on top of each other.

Desert Rat
03-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Check your PM's.

DR:)

Albonline
03-20-2019, 08:13 PM
what finishers are we talking about here? was the firmware flashed after installing the new fin?

imagertech
03-21-2019, 02:08 AM
what finishers are we talking about here? was the firmware flashed after installing the new fin?
the finisher is a FN4 and no the firmware was not flashed. never did it on a Minolta. is it easy and can I get the firmware on the internet?

Custom Search