PDA

View Full Version : C558 reset tool?

Custom Search

mascan42
03-18-2019, 11:30 PM
I know there is an MFP reset tool, a firmware file to wipe all settings to factory default on the 4 series machines. Is there something similar for the 8 series? I can't find it on the MKM website.

Woxner
03-19-2019, 12:10 AM
the file is a789be i had to get it from tech suport. pm me your email. will see if it wiil send.

karfeilow
05-10-2019, 08:33 AM
hi woxner!can you send for me this reset tools!very very thx you so much....karfeilow7@gmail.com

Max
07-24-2019, 10:30 AM
Hi. Would the same reset tool work on C258?

copier tech
07-25-2019, 07:58 AM
Hi. Would the same reset tool work on C258?

The tool is different for some models.

For example the C258, C308, C368 use the same tool or SATA recovery firmware.

denvertan
07-27-2019, 11:39 AM
I am also looking for C364e Reset tool.
Anyone willing to share with me ?

Post hujacking :p

harnyang
08-28-2019, 02:08 AM
hello~~woxner! Can you send me this reset tool? Thank you very much...
mail address:yang156581@gmail.com

jotunn
08-28-2019, 05:32 PM
According to KM information, there is no need to use reset tool in devices of 8 series anymore.
Those machines have eMMC storage instead of SSD, which always has a priority over on-board NVRAM.
So you can even use a second hand MFP board without resetting.

In practice - however I didn't test it well - reset tool doesn't even work with newer firmware.
Even more - i-series, probably will never get reset tool.

Again, wide-spread counter cheating, killed good service software...

Phil B.
08-28-2019, 06:06 PM
hello~~woxner! Can you send me this reset tool? Thank you very much...
mail address:yang156581@gmail.com

contributors to CTN have a higher chance of getting help and or files.manuals

Copier repairman
08-29-2019, 04:51 PM
According to KM information, there is no need to use reset tool in devices of 8 series anymore.
Those machines have eMMC storage instead of SSD, which always has a priority over on-board NVRAM.
So you can even use a second hand MFP board without resetting.

In practice - however I didn't test it well - reset tool doesn't even work with newer firmware.
Even more - i-series, probably will never get reset tool.

Again, wide-spread counter cheating, killed good service software...

What does your last article mean?
(Again, wide-spread counter cheating, killed good service software..)

Albonline
08-29-2019, 07:38 PM

he's talking about crooks who use service tools to defraud customers, by clearing the counters on the units concerned.

rrrohan
08-30-2019, 05:45 AM
why run a reset tool when you can just "Initialize All" and wipe out everything.

what benefit does this reset firmware offer?

jotunn
08-30-2019, 06:22 AM
It works like NVRAM Recovery in earlier machines - wipes all the information stored in on-board NVRAM (battery-backup SRAM memory for counters, settings and so on), after resetting, machine recover all that data from backups stored in other places. In the first stage machine recreates structure of the data stored in NVRAM, then re-writes data to recreated structure. The data or structure stored in NVRAM can be damaged by power surged, cosmic rays and so on, leading to strange behavior.

In comparison to above, "Initialize All" just resets only some data (user and admin settings, some service settings) to factory defaults.

Copier repairman
08-31-2019, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE = jotunn; 800844] 이전 컴퓨터의 NVRAM 복구처럼 작동합니다. 내장 NVRAM (카운터, 설정 등을위한 배터리 백업 SRAM 메모리)에 저장된 모든 정보를 지 웁니다. 재설정 후 컴퓨터는 모든 데이터를 복구합니다. 다른 장소에 저장된 백업. 첫 번째 단계에서 머신은 NVRAM에 저장된 데이터의 구조를 다시 만든 다음 다시 작성된 구조로 데이터를 다시 씁니다. NVRAM에 저장된 데이터 또는 구조는 전원 서지, 우주선 등으로 인해 손상되어 이상한 동작을 일으킬 수 있습니다.

위와 비교하여 "모두 초기화"는 일부 데이터 (사용자 및 관리자 설정, 일부 서비스 설정) 만 공장 기본값으로 재설정합니다. [/ QUOTE]

I saw a C308 emmc COPY Tool for sale here.
If you copy emmc it will not recover.

Copier repairman
10-13-2019, 06:06 PM
I heard there is an emmc copy tool.
Read and save the new machine data with the above tool
It is understood that the machine can be used as a new machine data value by writ if necessary.
I've seen it somewhere here.

ysh98h
10-15-2019, 06:08 AM
the file is a789be i had to get it from tech suport. pm me your email. will see if it wiil send.

Hi Woxner, I am Mr.Yap from Malaysia. I am a technician handling the Konica machines , just to ask the permission from you can email the a789be.tar file
to me. I have 1 unit C458 need it to over come, my email address is yapsh888@hotmail.com. Thank you so much and apperciated.:)

moussc001
08-28-2020, 02:01 PM
hello is it possible to have reset tool for c558 please

copier tech
08-28-2020, 02:14 PM
hello is it possible to have reset tool for c558 please

We can supply you with this firmware file should you still need it.

Feel free to drop us an email enquiry.

Kind Regards.

www.copierfirmware.co.uk (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk/)

rrrohan
08-29-2020, 04:52 AM
I have never used reset firmware. I do it manually. Is it just more efficient? What's it called on cses or knova

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

copier tech
08-29-2020, 11:31 AM
why run a reset tool when you can just "Initialize All" and wipe out everything.

what benefit does this reset firmware offer?

They use it to reset the main counters, initialise all doesn't do this.

Not to defraud anyone but when they buy used machine to put out on lease etc they find it easier to have the counters start at zero.

This is not an issue in 3rd world countries etc.

In the USA I would image it's a very different story.

Phil B.
08-29-2020, 12:39 PM
In the USA I would image it's a very different story.

yes in the USA it is considered FRAUD.. and can garner JAIL TIME and/or FINES

that's why 0 count used machines are frowned upon here in the states.

a756855
09-10-2020, 07:36 AM
hi woxner!can you send for me this reset tools!very very thx you so much....a756855@gmail.com

copier tech
09-10-2020, 06:01 PM
hi woxner!can you send for me this reset tools!very very thx you so much....a756855@gmail.com

We can supply you with this firmware file(s) should you still need it.

Feel free to drop us an email enquiry.

Kind Regards.

www.copierfirmware.co.uk (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk/)

docdot69
03-04-2021, 08:46 AM
Refreshing this topic because...:

I have bizhub c308, and i updated firmware to version GC2-W4, and after that update i cannot login even as administrator or to Service Mode. Any of passwords are working. none of the 1234567812345678 or 12345678 to admin mode is not working and 9272927292729272 or 92729272 to service mode istn't working.

I updated the firmware because when you logged through the web connection, the model was not bizhub c308. It was showing bizhub c258.
When i updated the new firmware, i checked machine type and it was good, i mean machine was 6 and type 2, as for bizhub c308.
Before upadting, everything was fine eccept machine model through www.

Earlier i replaced MFPB from other working machine because mine was dead.

That's why i'm looking for solution, how to reset service mode and admin mode passwords in this machine. was searching whole infohub and dbox, and found reset tool file that is no longer working.

jotunn
03-04-2021, 06:45 PM
Refreshing this topic because...:

I have bizhub c308, [...]
That's why i'm looking for solution, how to reset service mode and admin mode passwords in this machine. was searching whole infohub and dbox, and found reset tool file that is no longer working.

I don't believe in your story.
I have only encountered similar behavior when the service department has tried to tamper with the counters or the speed of the machine.
By following the manufacturer's recommendations and strictly adhering to the service documents that describe the procedures for replacing individual components, it is impossible to get the machine into this condition.

Additionally, you wrote that you searched infohub to find the tool....
If you had an access there, you would know that there is an official procedure for resetting service passwords since Bizhub C224 series, and the tool you were looking for, is not intended to use for this purpose.

docdot69
03-04-2021, 06:58 PM
I don't believe in your story.
I have only encountered similar behavior when the service department has tried to tamper with the counters or the speed of the machine.
By following the manufacturer's recommendations and strictly adhering to the service documents that describe the procedures for replacing individual components, it is impossible to get the machine into this condition.

Additionally, you wrote that you searched infohub to find the tool....
If you had an access there, you would know that there is an official procedure for resetting service passwords since Bizhub C224 series, and the tool you were looking for, is not intended to use for this purpose.

It's a shame that you don't believe, but the machine is in my customer office. And I have to unlock this machine because we need to connect this machine to customer's safe-q software. Without admin rights we can not.

If you don't believe and don't want to help, then don't reply to this post please.

jotunn
03-04-2021, 07:41 PM
[...] and don't want to help, then don't reply to this post please.

Don't I want to help?
Then why, in that case, don't you use the official way to reset the service and admin password - the whole procedure takes maybe half an hour.
Of course when the machine comes from a legitimate source and hasn't been tampered with.

Instead, you'll sit on a forum and beg for a tool you should have access to, only to misuse it.

docdot69
04-23-2021, 01:22 PM
Don't I want to help?
Then why, in that case, don't you use the official way to reset the service and admin password - the whole procedure takes maybe half an hour.
Of course when the machine comes from a legitimate source and hasn't been tampered with.

Instead, you'll sit on a forum and beg for a tool you should have access to, only to misuse it.

someone shared the boot firmware i opted for. That helped, and i repaired the machine and is now fully functional with safeQ at the customers office.
Not everyone is cheating his customers. You should appologize for your opinion.

And thanks to Phil B. for instantly rating my reputation as a bad reputation.
it's a shame, when you want to help people, but get busted by other techs.

Phil B.
04-23-2021, 03:09 PM
someone shared the boot firmware i opted for. That helped, and i repaired the machine and is now fully functional with safeQ at the customers office.
Not everyone is cheating his customers. You should appologize for your opinion.

And thanks to Phil B. for instantly rating my reputation as a bad reputation.
it's a shame, when you want to help people, but get busted by other techs.

what you are trying to do is dishonest...

the reason I red carded you is for your shitty attitude....

it's people like you that give the rest of us a bad rep.

duly deserved red card

Rui86
07-05-2021, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE = docdot69; 1747183] alguém compartilhou o firmware de inicialização que optei. Isso ajudou, e eu consertei a máquina e agora está totalmente funcional com safeQ no escritório do cliente.
Nem todo mundo está enganando seus clientes. Você deve se desculpar por sua opinião.

E obrigado a Phil B. por imediatamente classificar minha reputação como má reputação.
é uma pena quando você quer ajudar as pessoas, mas é pego por outros técnicos. [/ QUOTE]

Good Morning
can you send it to me please

ideiasautomaticastecnica@gmail.com

copier tech
07-05-2021, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE = docdot69; 1747183] alguém compartilhou o firmware de inicialização que optei. Isso ajudou, e eu consertei a máquina e agora está totalmente funcional com safeQ no escritório do cliente.
Nem todo mundo está enganando seus clientes. Você deve se desculpar por sua opinião.

E obrigado a Phil B. por imediatamente classificar minha reputação como má reputação.
é uma pena quando você quer ajudar as pessoas, mas é pego por outros técnicos. [/ QUOTE]

Good Morning
can you send it to me please

ideiasautomaticastecnica@gmail.com

Happy to help you can contact us at the links below.

Barry97
08-26-2022, 09:14 PM
yes in the USA it is considered FRAUD.. and can garner JAIL TIME and/or FINES

that's why 0 count used machines are frowned upon here in the states.
Is it the same for Canada. Cant boot to the reset tool.

Barry97
08-26-2022, 09:25 PM

Can you email me one?

otphas
08-26-2022, 11:37 PM
Send me your email, i will attach you reset tool file!

GLAUCOB
11-16-2022, 04:51 PM
Envie-me seu e-mail, vou anexar o arquivo da ferramenta de redefinição!
COULD YOU EMAIL ME, THANKS, glaucobrendo18@gmail.com

romario
11-22-2022, 01:08 PM

Hello, can you tell me how to use the tool for the c308? I can download it from Knova but I don't know how to use it. It would help me a lot when renting the copier.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

jotunn
11-22-2022, 01:36 PM
It would help me a lot when renting the copier.

I can't imagine how it could help in case of renting the machine...

romario
11-22-2022, 03:58 PM
I can't imagine how it could help in case of renting the machine...

I'm sorry, I don't know if I explained it well, I can download the a789be file from knova, but I don't know how to use it, it would help me to know to set it to 0, better have the accounts of the machines I rent

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Synthohol
11-22-2022, 04:09 PM
then just use account track with public access. you clear the usage counter whenever you want.
using the reset tool just to zero the meter is immoral, irresponsible, reckless and makes your penis shrink down to a nubb.
dont be a nubb.

jotunn
11-22-2022, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know if I explained it well, I can download the a789be file from knova, but I don't know how to use it, it would help me to know to set it to 0, better have the accounts of the machines I rent

Close your business, go back to primary school and learn how to subtract natural numbers...

whitefang
11-29-2023, 02:17 AM
Send me your email, i will attach you reset tool file!

Hi, I can't access CE password for Konica c258. Machine is running ok but without able to access into service mode, I can foresee my future of difficulty to service the machine . I was hoping you could give me the a789be.tar file. Thank you. My Email: crab68100@yahoo.com

Synthohol
11-29-2023, 07:13 AM
if you ask Jotunn nicely he can help you reset it the proper way.
ask here.. Konica c224 e can't access service mode (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/162571-konica-c224-e-cant-access-service-mode-16.html)

no reason to use a hammer when a grapefruit works just as well :)

post the request code there and you will get the repair code and set the password to default again.

and thank you for being a contributor!!!

docdot69
11-29-2023, 07:43 AM
Hi, I can't access CE password for Konica c258. Machine is running ok but without able to access into service mode, I can foresee my future of difficulty to service the machine . I was hoping you could give me the a789be.tar file. Thank you. My Email: crab68100@yahoo.com

There has been changes in storage data architecture since 8 series and 7 series. Reset tool clears only mfpb data, but the CE password and admin password are now stored on eMMc. Best you can do is buy the commonly named "reset device" to connect your eMMc to your pc and wipe it. Then reinstall it to your machine and perform firmware upgrade. After that perform restore data when prompted. Be careful, and do not use reset tool a789be.tar at the same time with eMMc wiped.

Synthohol
11-29-2023, 07:55 AM
why the hell would you do all that when you can simply get a request code and just reset the password the way the system was designed to be used?
this makes me laugh a bit i gotta admit, ill say again, no reason to use a hammer when a grapefruit will do.

docdot69
11-29-2023, 08:21 AM
why the hell would you do all that when you can simply get a request code and just reset the password the way the system was designed to be used?
this makes me laugh a bit i gotta admit, ill say again, no reason to use a hammer when a grapefruit will do.

Because when a customer resign from the service from other company, and I asked me to help guess what.... Konica Minolta company refused to give me the code, because I didn't resell this machine..... So I had to do this by myself. For lazy people there are request codes and waiting.

Synthohol
11-29-2023, 08:31 AM
we have a member here that goes way above any beyond getting those codes for you. every single request he has answered and made sure it all worked.
im sorry YOU went through all that, but whitefang does not have to. nor pretty much any member that asks jotunn nicely.
thats all im trying to say

whitefang
11-29-2023, 09:20 AM
we have a member here that goes way above any beyond getting those codes for you. every single request he has answered and made sure it all worked.
im sorry YOU went through all that, but whitefang does not have to. nor pretty much any member that asks jotunn nicely.
thats all im trying to say

Thanks for the advise guys! Really appreciate. http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png If anyone has the file, please do send to me. Last option, I will ask Jotunn for help if the reset tools won't work.

Custom Search