PDA

View Full Version : 758 with Jam 32-01

Custom Search

rrrohan
03-19-2019, 06:54 AM
KM 758
J32-01 Output section JAM(Fixing paper exit sensor cannot turn off after the sensor turned on. )

Jams at fuser/Duplex Unit 2 sheets of paper collide.

Have replaced

Fuser (for other issue so wasnt surprised it did not help)
Exit Assembly
Auto Duplex Unit (this is what has fixed this for me on clients other copier but not this copier)

Next on the list is the Paper feed/transport drive board (PFTDB)

Has anyone got any suggestions? Next is probaly the MFPB:confused:

risografist
03-19-2019, 07:58 AM
If you send a one-sided sheet, is it also jammed?

Make a photo of the place of the jam with a jammed sheet.

rrrohan
03-19-2019, 09:45 AM
If you send a one-sided sheet, is it also jammed?

Make a photo of the place of the jam with a jammed sheet.

single sided works fine.

i dont have a photo. its a bit hard to get a clear photo as as soon as i start to open the side door it pulls the sheets of paper apart but you can see if you only open it ever so slightly and look in, but it will be a difficult to see on a camera i imagine. ill be returning with the board so can take a photo then. but one sheet has printed, its exiting fuser, on its way back it smacks into a sheet of paper that seems to have not travelled into duplex unit.

but the duplex and reversal unit are brand new so it cant be dirty transport rollers and i would like to think all clutches and motors are working since its new assy.
also it wont always jam. i was printing the management list and it almost finished printing before it jammed. but other times it jams on a 4 page (double sided document)

Bliki BZ
03-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Can you check your model Dont see 758 listed.

rrrohan
03-19-2019, 12:12 PM
Can you check your model Dont see 758 listed.

bizhub 758 - Konica Minolta (https://www.konicaminolta.com.au/products/office-printing/office-multifunction-printers/bizhub-758)

kingarthur
03-19-2019, 01:25 PM
There's a bulletin TAGB1900173EN, which states
Cause

Toothed drive belts for M31 and M32 inside the ADU are jumping, this can be detected by manually driving the drive gear.

This is normally after a 1M prints.

which recommends replacing the ADU

rrrohan
03-19-2019, 01:32 PM
There's a bulletin TAGB1900173EN, which states
Cause

Toothed drive belts for M31 and M32 inside the ADU are jumping, this can be detected by manually driving the drive gear.

This is normally after a 1M prints.

which recommends replacing the ADUYeah copier on 1.6million but ive already replaced the ADU.

The other copier in same room had same fault few months back and ADU solved it. But not on this one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Albonline
03-19-2019, 01:39 PM
Yeah copier on 1.6million but ive already replaced the ADU.

The other copier in same room had same fault few months back and ADU solved it. But not on this one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The od of the conveyance rollers along the entire paper path are probably reduced due to wear.

rrrohan
03-19-2019, 01:50 PM
The od of the conveyance rollers along the entire paper path are probably reduced due to wear.

what do you mean od? outer diameter? well the duplex unit is replaced so they are brand new. the ext assy is brand new.

also i cant find that bulletin. not sure if we are in different regions effects it?

Albonline
03-19-2019, 02:38 PM
what do you mean od? outer diameter? well the duplex unit is replaced so they are brand new. the ext assy is brand new.

also i cant find that bulletin. not sure if we are in different regions effects it?

Yes outer diameter, as they wear paper slows down not that much of an issue single sided but timing is tight doing duplex. try a single wrap of electrical tape on the driven transport rollers from the drawer up the right side of the copier. if your problem goes away replace them.

Albonline
03-19-2019, 02:47 PM
there is also a one way roller /clutch, driven roller in the path.

rrrohan
03-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Yes outer diameter, as they wear paper slows down not that much of an issue single sided but timing is tight doing duplex. try a single wrap of electrical tape on the driven transport rollers from the drawer up the right side of the copier. if your problem goes away replace them.

i guess i ruled out transport rollers down there since it worked fine on simplex prints but at this point ill try anything. thanks, ill let you know outcome.

tsbservice
03-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Agree about timing issue. What paper size is used when machine is jamming?
Usually if jams are due incorect timing(space between pages) for example when printing A4 paper size, switching to other paper size A4-R(A3) eliminates problem.

rrrohan
03-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Agree about timing issue. What paper size is used when machine is jamming?
Usually if jams are due incorect timing(space between pages) for example when printing A4 paper size, switching to other paper size A4-R(A3) eliminates problem.

What paper size is used when machine is jamming?
A4 out of a side LCT but also doing it from tray 4 as well

switching to other paper size A4-R(A3) eliminates problem

I will try it, so if it helps do you think change transport rollers?

tsbservice
03-20-2019, 04:25 PM
A4 out of a side LCT but also doing it from tray 4 as well

I will try it, so if it helps do you think change transport rollers?

Well if jams are from side LCT and tray 4 try it from tray 1( set it to A4). This will eliminate almost entire vertical transport path. Maybe even trying from bypass. Also long time ago I had similar problem with one model Toshiba and besides field mod we did to the duplex unit(to increase rollers pressure), they released new Firmware and service code to set different timings when using duplex A4, if I remember correctly.

rrrohan
03-21-2019, 04:46 AM
Well if jams are from side LCT and tray 4 try it from tray 1( set it to A4). This will eliminate almost entire vertical transport path. Maybe even trying from bypass. Also long time ago I had similar problem with one model Toshiba and besides field mod we did to the duplex unit(to increase rollers pressure), they released new Firmware and service code to set different timings when using duplex A4, if I remember correctly.

yeah its jammed in Bypass tray also :(

a previous tech just mentioned though that during testing he pushed on the main right door and it seemed to help.

I tried putting a small amount of electrician tape on bar that the door latches onto hoping to make door close a bit tighter but no better.

the Paper Feed/Transport Board just arrived so I will go fit that and pray to the copier Gods and report back

rrrohan
03-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Changed the Paper feed/transport control board. still same issue :confused:

blackcat4866
03-21-2019, 05:30 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/136498-bizhub-c754e.html#post728600

=^..^=

rrrohan
03-22-2019, 01:39 AM
In my case it does work. I tested 300 page duplex fine.

Sometimes it will do 300 with no jam. Other times it will do 1. Other times 50.

If belt was issue it would never work

rrrohan
03-28-2019, 04:06 AM
still occuring.

time to change the exit motor since im running out of idea.

edit: epic fail moment. turns out i installed a 958 ADU on a 758 assume they same but they are not. its prob been that all along. have ordered correct part now

tsbservice
03-28-2019, 09:52 PM
edit: epic fail moment. turns out i installed a 958 ADU on a 758 assume they same but they are not. its prob been that all along. have ordered correct part now

You are brave man rrrohan.
One may simply leave that without solution for the next poor tech who will make same mistake, but not you.

blackcat4866
03-28-2019, 11:13 PM
Kudos for admitting your mistake. Not many can do that. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
03-30-2019, 12:08 AM
Speaking of this jam - on the 958 and 758 I've had to adjust the forbidden red painted screw which sets the rest position of the duplex gate on 2 brand new machines at the same site - in humid environments the stock rest position is not forgiving of much leading edge curl in duplex mode when the completed sheet is exiting it may catch on the gate by just 1 finger. Just a 5mm lift in the rest position of the gate solved the problem on both. (dont play with this without first marking the factory position)

rrrohan
03-30-2019, 01:27 AM
Speaking of this jam - on the 958 and 758 I've had to adjust the forbidden red painted screw which sets the rest position of the duplex gate on 2 brand new machines at the same site - in humid environments the stock rest position is not forgiving of much leading edge curl in duplex mode when the completed sheet is exiting it may catch on the gate by just 1 finger. Just a 5mm lift in the rest position of the gate solved the problem on both. (dont play with this without first marking the factory position)

Yeah it was occurring on customers 2nd 958 at one point but Rob changed the ADU on that one which in that case, resolved issue.

Synthohol
04-01-2019, 06:42 PM
hey, i had one do the same, if you hold the side door shut tighter (just lean on it) does it get rid of the jams?
i monkeyed with the door hinges to get it to close tighter and the 3201 went away.

rrrohan
04-04-2019, 06:01 AM
hey, i had one do the same, if you hold the side door shut tighter (just lean on it) does it get rid of the jams?
i monkeyed with the door hinges to get it to close tighter and the 3201 went away.

i added some electrical tape to the bar that the door hook onto but only a tiny amount. and only the bar towards the front of copier.

how much did you use?

Its hard to say yes or no in regards to pushing on door helping to stop jams because problem only seems to occur when i leave. if it was more consistant i could give you a answer.

Sadly as far as i can tell, you cant trouble isolate the duplex unit. so i didn't trust that no staff would accidentally print double sided so i just have copier off atm

Phil B.
04-04-2019, 07:09 AM
rrrohan http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/137422-758-jam-32-01-a-post743444.html#post743444)

Stand Up Dude! We have ALL done something like that..

The main thing is...

You Stuck with it ..found it.. AND Admitted..

You help so many Sir.. .. Don't sweat the small shit!

rrrohan
04-30-2019, 06:04 AM
So the correct ADU arrived (back order) and we fitted it

also added more spacing to the bar door latches closed on to make it tighter

tested about 500 pages duplex all ok

next day customer reports exact same jam is occuring

so stumped

byronf
04-30-2019, 06:34 PM

Hi Gents,

Can I please have the link to this site for technical bulletins.

Phil B.
04-30-2019, 06:47 PM
Hi Gents, Can I please have the link to this site for technical bulletins.

i do believe you have to have a tech id#/password to access that site..

a tech could lose his ID if found out to be giving out that info.

tsbservice
04-30-2019, 06:50 PM
So the correct ADU arrived (back order) and we fitted it

also added more spacing to the bar door latches closed on to make it tighter

tested about 500 pages duplex all ok

next day customer reports exact same jam is occuring

so stumped

Sorry to hear that.
Did you try to check what EarthKmTech mentioned?

Custom Search