PDA

View Full Version : configuration - bizhub C224e, IPP, CUPS, Account Track

Custom Search

AdamK
03-20-2019, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to setup IPP printing on bizhub C224e and Linux PC.

- Account Track is enabled on the printer -> I have a User name + PIN
- IPP is enabled on the printer -> I know the IPP URI
- IPP authentication is enabled (method: request-user-name) - by selecting this option I expect that I can use the same credentials for IPP print as I'm using with Account Track
- I've added the printer to CUPS via the web interface, using URI found in the printer admin and PPD found on the support website

The problem is that when I'm printing, the job is sent to the printer, CUPS tells me that it's completed, but nothing is printed. When examining the Job history on the printer's lcd screen I can see that the job is there, but there's "group authentication error". It seems that CUPS is not sending the right authentication info. My question is: where do I put the PIN code I'm using for authentication? I've tried setting the printer's device URI in format ipps://username: password@printer_ip/ipp, but it didn't work - I suppose that would work with the IPP authentication set to "Basic"?

Thanks for any suggestions.

B0265
03-21-2019, 08:56 AM
I know that KM Europe have developed a Linux CUPS Driver that supports user authentication and account track.
I havn't seen it on the public site so I suppose you have a login to the dealer support site to find it.

rrrohan
03-21-2019, 09:10 AM
What driver are you using?

If you need one tried these

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah_79nptMOdwihggvUm6HY5Gd8uf

AdamK
03-21-2019, 03:04 PM
B0265:
Thanks for the info. I don't see why it's not available to public.

rrrohan:
I've tried those, they're available even on the official support website. The problem is that I could not find where to set up the user PIN/password.

allan
03-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Find the PPD file and search password. Done this many moons ago. So not sure if its that.

B0265
03-21-2019, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=AdamK;741982]B0265:
Thanks for the info. I don't see why it's not available to public.

Check with your local KM dealer if they can support you with the driver.
The driver for Develop is available, but I doubt the the account track data you set in this driver will be accepted by a KM printer.
https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/file/Default.aspx?FilePath=DL/201902/25144844/GenericBeuUXv1_19_multi_language.tar.gz

rrrohan
03-22-2019, 07:37 AM
i would turn off IPP authentication.

i havent installed ever on Linux but if its anything like Mac not only do you enable account track in CUPs you also need to insert it onto the driver.

It sounds like your not putting the account code in.

and IPP shouldnt need authentication enabled, that seems like overkill and is possibly contributing to print errors

Custom Search