PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Bizhub C452 / Olivetti MF451 Image Unit Cross Compatibility

Custom Search

Slammers
03-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Hello, I have a quick question concerning the image units for a Bizhub c452.

I have an Olivetti MF451 that has an end of life C IU. It's now throwing TCR C codes and if you do a halftone @255 you get a small cyan band at the top of an A4 sheet with the rest of the page blank. The IU itself is noticeably lighter than the rest too, it appears to be empty.

Long story short, I can get a brand new B0824 C IU from Olivetti, but it has nearly a month lead time, however I can source a IU-612C which is the Konica branded C IU for a Bizhub c452 with next day delivery. Are these IU's cross compatible?

I know on the C220 vs MF220 that the drums/devs have additional bits of plastic on them to prevent you using Konica drums in an Olivetti machine and vice versa, is this the same for these machines?

Thank You.

907tec
03-20-2019, 10:04 PM
I can't say it works with 100% certainty, but I can tell you this:

We have several Oce' / Imagistics branded C452's and C552's ("CM4522 and CM5522"). These Oce machines will accept Konica IU's without re-writing the chip. Can't remember if this model requires you to cut some of the fins on the IU to fit into the machine, but that shouldn't stop you.

Slammers
03-25-2019, 12:26 PM
I can't say it works with 100% certainty, but I can tell you this:

We have several Oce' / Imagistics branded C452's and C552's ("CM4522 and CM5522"). These Oce machines will accept Konica IU's without re-writing the chip. Can't remember if this model requires you to cut some of the fins on the IU to fit into the machine, but that shouldn't stop you.

Thank you for this information. I have ordered up one of the Konica IU's along with an Olivetti chip just to be sure.

Custom Search