PDA

View Full Version : Konica 458 FS 533 jams on 2 sided copying

Custom Search

DOE
03-22-2019, 12:19 AM
Heading Konica 458 that had a JS 506 on it and I took a 533 out of a c224e and installed it in the 458. One to one works fine but when I tried to duplex it curls up and jams before it makes it into the finisher. It's like the top plate of the finisher is lined up right with those rollers and causes it to jam. What I pulled a finisher out and unhook it and duplexes just fine. Is there anything I could have done when installing it to cause it to be up a little too high to where the plate of the duplex or hits the rollers. I know that's a tough one as you can't see what I did but I don't know of any way I could have put it in wrong. It has the paper arm that comes out that guides it above that top plate but it looks like that top plate is right in line with the rollers like it sets a little too high

blackcat4866
03-22-2019, 12:41 AM
Those finishers fit on a wide array of models. There are a number of different guides and mounting brackets to accommodate the different models.

Your best bet is to take a look at the installation manual. Most likely you'll have to order some of the different parts that got thrown away on the first setup.

Also what about firmware? I can't imagine the finisher using exactly the same firmware on a 25cpm machine and a 45cpm machine.
=^..^=

rrrohan
03-22-2019, 06:54 AM
when you removed the JS did you also remove the Sensor Unit?
The FS533 doesnt need it

DOE
04-03-2019, 01:20 AM
when you removed the JS did you also remove the Sensor Unit?
The FS533 doesnt need it

The top plate of the sorter is actually hitting the exit switch causing the paper to curl up. The exes which hangs down a good quarter inch lower than the top plate so the top plate pushes against the ex's switch not allowing the paper to come out.

rrrohan
04-03-2019, 01:31 AM
The top plate of the sorter is actually hitting the exit switch causing the paper to curl up. The exes which hangs down a good quarter inch lower than the top plate so the top plate pushes against the ex's switch not allowing the paper to come out.

So you left it in? Sounds like it. If so remove it and reinstall finisher

Custom Search