PDA

View Full Version : C1085

Custom Search

afterhours
03-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Hello all. Does anyone have active solutions for a press c1085 they'd be willing to share? I'm have a heck of an issue.

C4661 error. New registration sensors. New pwcb, new belt, swapped drums, new charge rollers. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for the help.

Toxic
03-23-2019, 01:43 PM
Yes,if you have SM search for this sensors.
Remove and clean Intermediate transfer belt encoder sensor/2 (PS82) and Intermediate transfer belt encoder sensor/1 (PS81) problem solved 99%.
Its pain in the as... to remove them from the rear side but it must be done.

afterhours
03-23-2019, 09:12 PM
Yes,if you have SM search for this sensors.
Remove and clean Intermediate transfer belt encoder sensor/2 (PS82) and Intermediate transfer belt encoder sensor/1 (PS81) problem solved 99%.
Its pain in the as... to remove them from the rear side but it must be done.
At the price of sounding foolish, Is that accessible through the back of the machine where the fly wheels are?

The manual doesn't show that being a possibility for C4661. Are you fairly certain its a possibility?

Thank you for helping!

Toxic
03-23-2019, 10:37 PM
Have same problem recently on C1085.
I dont have my log book to look now but i think it was this error C-4661 and sometimes C-2220.
When machine rarely managed to turn on without errors prints have high color registration mismatch,that guide us to think about this sensors fault readings.
Before, i tried to replace color registration sensors,no success,check transfer belt...
Solution was to clean this sensors,and yes you have to access from back.
You can get to them without too much disassembly but can not clean proper without removing them out completely.
My colleague done that and i take a look from time to time and i see its pretty much hard to remove them (must remove board,fly wheels,some cable harness,...)
Can not guarantee with my life that is your problem too but i am pretty sure.
After all you done already worth trying this at least and if it solve your problem you can thank me ;)

Ps:i have more than once situations when solution was not written in service manual.

Haroldbfix
11-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Have same problem recently on C1085.
I dont have my log book to look now but i think it was this error C-4661 and sometimes C-2220.
When machine rarely managed to turn on without errors prints have high color registration mismatch,that guide us to think about this sensors fault readings.
Before, i tried to replace color registration sensors,no success,check transfer belt...
Solution was to clean this sensors,and yes you have to access from back.
You can get to them without too much disassembly but can not clean proper without removing them out completely.
My colleague done that and i take a look from time to time and i see its pretty much hard to remove them (must remove board,fly wheels,some cable harness,...)
Can not guarantee with my life that is your problem too but i am pretty sure.
After all you done already worth trying this at least and if it solve your problem you can thank me ;)

Ps:i have more than once situations when solution was not written in service manual.

I know its been awhile. Where you able to find out what caused the issue.

Toxic
11-08-2019, 08:16 PM
In my case cause of this is dusty environment and there is tobacco smoke also so sensors get dirty very fast.
That is my theory and this sensors is very sensitive and looks like small mirrors and when we get them put we can see reflective sensor surface was blurry ,not shine like it should be.
Some ear cleaning sticks done the cleaning job.

Haroldbfix
11-12-2019, 11:23 PM
In my case cause of this is dusty environment and there is tobacco smoke also so sensors get dirty very fast.
That is my theory and this sensors is very sensitive and looks like small mirrors and when we get them put we can see reflective sensor surface was blurry ,not shine like it should be.
Some ear cleaning sticks done the cleaning job.

ok thanks I give that a try.

dagoof
12-15-2020, 02:03 PM
I'm having a similar problem with a c4670, I think may be related - could anyone give anymore detail on how to clean the PS81/82 sensors?

I've removed the flywheels and the lower drum motor. Does the whole wiring harness need to be removed?
Is there any access (even if not full) where I don't need to remove the harness?

Toxic
12-15-2020, 07:24 PM
I think you have to do that.

dagoof
12-15-2020, 08:37 PM
Tried for about 3hrs today but couldn't get the pillar that supports behind the loom out, could anyone point me to the relevant part in the SM?

Toxic
12-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Maybe some photo if you have would be helpful to understand what is the problem you are facing...

Custom Search