PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub 350 BW

Custom Search

wkwar
03-24-2019, 03:54 PM
Hello All

Replace drum/compete developer and machine makes great copier. However, when we make duplex copy. The copies have a lot of dots on the right side of the page on the direction of paper ( both sides) . Single sided copies that follow the duplex will have some dots on the back till it cleans up. What is causing this?

Woxner
03-24-2019, 10:39 PM
did you calbrate the dev? ands did you replace transfer roller. if not clear the drum and dev and run f8

wkwar
03-25-2019, 02:29 AM
yes replace the entire developer unit with a new roller. old one leaking from the side and worn out. yes did the calibration too. It prints perfect on single sided. Only have lots of dots when printing double sided

copyman
03-25-2019, 02:42 AM
transfer roller?

wkwar
03-25-2019, 03:23 AM
the roller on the door? no did not replace that one. yes it was dirty. clean it as much as I can

copier addict
03-25-2019, 11:14 AM
the roller on the door? no did not replace that one. yes it was dirty. clean it as much as I can

The transfer roller needs to be replaced everything time the drum gets replaced.

copyman
03-26-2019, 05:27 AM
According to maintenance schedule in service manual the Trans roll is replaced at 150k. Drums are rated at 100K for the 350. First I doubt you can get 100K out of a drum unit (same identical unit as the Biz 200/250 with a few tabs so it don't fit), and second I've rarely replaced the transfer roller on this model, only a few left in service but at one time had many machines with well over 200k and never replace the trans roll.

copier addict
03-26-2019, 01:30 PM
According to maintenance schedule in service manual the Trans roll is replaced at 150k. Drums are rated at 100K for the 350. First I doubt you can get 100K out of a drum unit (same identical unit as the Biz 200/250 with a few tabs so it don't fit), and second I've rarely replaced the transfer roller on this model, only a few left in service but at one time had many machines with well over 200k and never replace the trans roll.

Since changing back to OEM toner we now regularly get 150% to 200% out of a drum, which is the same unit between all three models BH200/222, BH250/282 and BH350/362 (no tabs). We use the BH423 transfer roller on the BH350 series, it has a wider edge roller which seems to inflict less damage to the drum. And transfer roller gets replaced at every drum/dev change.

copyman
03-26-2019, 02:19 PM
I must be very lucky because I might have replaced 2 transfer rollers in all the years servicing that footprint, going back to the Di-200.

Perhaps not using OEM drums is why I never could get 100k pages out of a drum. Average is around 60k with aftermarket toner & drums.

Like I posted only have a few of these models left so not much more to discuss.

REGSIS
03-26-2019, 10:24 PM
250/350 and also 423 series can get 200k and even 250k out of a drum.

Regarding the problem....there is a fan behind registration roller. Clean it and area area around it. Also clean duplex unit.

copyman
03-26-2019, 10:40 PM
Are you saying you can get 200-250k out of a drum? Does that include the developer & developer housing or do you change developer at 60K and put old drum back in? Reason I ask is one very common problem I had when rebuilding the units for the 2nd time was the rear mag roller collar would wear and eat into drum. Once Han's (member here) starting selling a modified collar I would change when rebuilding and could use the developer unit indefinitely after that.

copier addict
03-27-2019, 02:18 AM
Are you saying you can get 200-250k out of a drum? Does that include the developer & developer housing or do you change developer at 60K and put old drum back in? Reason I ask is one very common problem I had when rebuilding the units for the 2nd time was the rear mag roller collar would wear and eat into drum. Once Han's (member here) starting selling a modified collar I would change when rebuilding and could use the developer unit indefinitely after that.

We stopped rebuilding drums a long time ago, there was really no savings. We use OEM drums. I said 150% to 200% of yield.
We use the dev spacers from KonMin

copyman
03-27-2019, 04:22 AM
We stopped rebuilding drums a long time ago, there was really no savings. We use OEM drums. I said 150% to 200% of yield.
We use the dev spacers from KonMin

Still confused, I know you said you used OEM. My question was what about the developer unit? Are you saying the developer last as long as the drum 150-200k? If that's the case then this is where using OEM could really pay off! Like I said i still have a few die hard customers still using a few of these as backup / warehouse machines so I may switch everything to OEM and see.

I said a few posts back not wasting anymore time on an obsolete model but just curious about developer lasting 200k

copier addict
03-27-2019, 11:30 AM
Still confused, I know you said you used OEM. My question was what about the developer unit? Are you saying the developer last as long as the drum 150-200k? If that's the case then this is where using OEM could really pay off! Like I said i still have a few die hard customers still using a few of these as backup / warehouse machines so I may switch everything to OEM and see.

I said a few posts back not wasting anymore time on an obsolete model but just curious about developer lasting 200k

I don't remember the last time I had to replace a developer unit. We replace developer with every drum change.

wkwar
05-18-2019, 09:31 PM
just noticed that the new developer unit is eating the drum. We replace the entire drum/developer and developer unit. This is OEM unit and we had less than 2K copies on it. Almost seem like the issue with bad bearing/seal that was on earlier unit post ?. However we just replaced this one. See attach picture.

JR2ALTA
05-18-2019, 11:47 PM
Known issue. Just by virtue of replacing the drum you "unsettled" the Dev unit seals. This bit me many times. Best practice to replace the Dev, Dev unit and drum at same time. Transfer roller can last life of machine if you ask me.

allan
05-19-2019, 12:41 AM

Yea sure even up to 400K depending on volume.

I would agree 220K average. There is a whole tweak list on this engine.

1 Replace the damper pads on the toner supply assy solenoids asap in the case of a 250/350 all the rest apply up to the 223/363/423 machines.
2 Throw out the original thermistors and put kick ass 3de party parts in there.
3 Remove any drum gear pieces from the drive unit.
4 Chamfer the edge of the drive gear on the drum. You remove the shearing points and the drum gear is much much less likely to chew itself.
5 Replace the DS rolls on every dev change inspect the dev seals even started super glueing(on own risk) the new dev seals in place on the doctorblade fixing and texturerise any shiny bands on the mag roller.
6 Make sure if the there is no crap on the charge unit like the previously badly scraped drums green opc shavings .
7 If the transfer roller drum guides are sharp replace the roller. Mmm 3d printer got some work.
8 Cut the transfer roller spring by about 2 turns that would greatly reduce the pressure applied to the drum guides and your paper guide,
9 But thicker stock could cause a bump like a jitter when the paper hits the guide and the transfer roller will carry toner to the back side of the next page.
10 Only other thing is the oneway feed clutch the surface it runs on needs to be roughend up with a file or scored with a blade I like the latter because it makes the pins bounce.
11 Use Dry cleaning like spray to clean the clutches.
12 If you take care of the dev tank by keeping crap out of it the dev goes on and on.

Was bored.

wkwar
05-19-2019, 05:22 AM
Hello Alan

wow.... trying to digest this.

We did replace the entire developer unit, developer and transfer roller. The unit work fine for a while than started to leave toner on the back of some pages especially on duplex copies. than we just notice that it is chewing the transfer roller. so what did we miss?

allan
05-19-2019, 09:37 AM
Replaced the transfer roller?
HV board?

Was not just bored but completely sloshed when i wrote that post after being out...

copier addict
05-19-2019, 11:04 AM
just noticed that the new developer unit is eating the drum. We replace the entire drum/developer and developer unit. This is OEM unit and we had less than 2K copies on it. Almost seem like the issue with bad bearing/seal that was on earlier unit post ?. However we just replaced this one. See attach picture.

When replacing the transfer roller use the one for the BH423.

wkwar
05-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Hello there

did not replace the transfer roller. previously replaced the drum, developer and developer unit. do i need to replace the seal on the developer unit?

wkwar
05-19-2019, 04:21 PM
Hello Copy addict

Just to make sure, use the transfer roller from a Bizhub 423 instead of the Bizhub 350?

allan
05-19-2019, 06:39 PM
Hello there

did not replace the transfer roller. previously replaced the drum, developer and developer unit. do i need to replace the seal on the developer unit?

If the collar seals are broken or have holes in them change them. The seals covering the ends of the mag roller.
Change the transfer roller out to check if there is good change. Seen faulty HV boards do the same thing. So that would be next.
Or it could be something that you overlooked on the IU.

Is the drum covered in toner if you open the side door?
Does it feel gritty like there is developer in the mix?
Do you have experience on these machines?

Hello Copy addict

Just to make sure, use the transfer roller from a Bizhub 423 instead of the Bizhub 350?

Why? The only clear different is the removal of the black plastic like material covering the guide.
That got worn away after the first life cycle. Cheaper?

copier addict
05-19-2019, 06:43 PM
Hello Copy addict

Yes, we have found they cause less damage to the drum and they cost either the same or a little less

allan
05-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Yes, we have found they cause less damage to the drum and they cost either the same or a little less

Someone told me to use the 250 roller assy on the 223 machines for the same reason.
Next time i have both in the same place i will take a vernier to them.

srvctec
05-21-2019, 02:56 PM

Mag roller might be worn out if the ds rolls weren't replaced with the new ds roll kit A1UDR90100. We've been using those on the 350 series since they became available with good results, although the kit was made for the 423 series.

So, replace the drum and developer unit again (add new developer) but install the ds roll kit into the new developer unit and toss the black stock ds rolls.

wkwar
05-21-2019, 06:05 PM
hello srvctec

the ds roll kit replaces all the bearing and seals in the developer unit correct?

allan
05-21-2019, 07:12 PM
No it does not include the dev seals.

wkwar
05-21-2019, 09:19 PM
sorry for so many questions, so the DS ROLL KIT A1UD371800 replaces the bearings inside the current developer roll correct?

on the transfer roll, should i get the
Bizhub 350 - PN 4040R72500 or
Bizhub 423 - PN A1UDR70500

copier addict
05-21-2019, 09:41 PM
sorry for so many questions, so the DS ROLL KIT A1UD371800 replaces the bearings inside the current developer roll correct?

on the transfer roll, should i get the
Bizhub 350 - PN 4040R72500 or
Bizhub 423 - PN A1UDR70500

We haven't bought a BH350 transfer roller, 4040R72500, in five years and there have been no ill effects. And there is less damage to the drum

wkwar
05-21-2019, 10:19 PM
so you are saying to use the Bizhub 423 - PN A1UDR70500 roller for the 350?

copier addict
05-21-2019, 10:52 PM
so you are saying to use the Bizhub 423 - PN A1UDR70500 roller for the 350?

I am not telling you what to do, I am simply telling you what the company I work for has been doing. We have not used BH350 transfer rollers in five years. We use the transfer roller for the BH423 instead. We have not experienced any problems by doing this.

wkwar
05-21-2019, 11:12 PM
thank you very much. just want to make sure the BH423 roller fits in the 350, thats all.

allan
05-22-2019, 01:20 AM
Here is the left and right developer seal part numbers.

Seal 4163 5221 01
Seal 4163 5237 01

wkwar
06-10-2019, 05:04 AM
Thank you all for the help. It makes clean duplex copies with New transter PN A1UDR70500 and ds roll kit A1UDR90100 and a new drum. Question, on the ds roll kit , it comes with 2 clear and 2 black washer. Does the clear/black goes on inside or outside of the bearing?

allan
06-10-2019, 05:38 AM
The black ones goes on the far side(right side) the clear ones goes on the near side(left side). One on each side or the roll.
As far as i can remember right now.

wkwar
06-10-2019, 05:50 AM
i did clear on the outside (outboard) and black on the inside (inboard). do i need to change them?

srvctec
06-10-2019, 02:38 PM
i did clear on the outside (outboard) and black on the inside (inboard). do i need to change them?

Those washers are to help keep toner and/or developer out of the bearings of the ds rolls. As allan said above, black ones go on rear ds roll, making a "sandwich" out of it with the ds roll in the middle. The clear ones go on the front ds roll in the same manner. I'd change them if it were a machine in my service area as these machines need as much help as possible in keeping the ds rolls clean and operable since those failing causes the drum to fail prematurely.

wkwar
06-10-2019, 04:29 PM
one more question, old roller comes with a thick curve washer. like a spring loaded washer. do i put it back or toss it out?

srvctec
06-10-2019, 05:35 PM
one more question, old roller comes with a thick curve washer. like a spring loaded washer. do i put it back or toss it out?

I always toss it or just throw it in your spare parts box for a spacer for something else.

wkwar
06-10-2019, 07:19 PM
thanks for all the help. you guys are just awesome!

tsbservice
06-10-2019, 07:55 PM
thanks for all the help. you guys are just awesome!

Well deserved, this is just a great example of what this Forum is. Hundreds years of experience combined, how cool is that :cool:

wkwar
06-10-2019, 08:30 PM
definitely darn cool !!! ..... no way to every find these info any where else..... i am sure it is like " been there done that" thank again all!

Custom Search