PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c253 - c-45xx

Custom Search

discontained
10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
So I recieved a call about a error code on this C253. Turned out to be the C-4551 which is the PH unit Cyan. I went ahead and replaced all four PH units, and now I am getting a P-6 (cyan IU failed ) and a P-21 (Color regist test pattern failure.)

The previous lasers were working fine, with the imaging units, and everything was good then the code poped up. Now under installing the new PH Units, i cant get this sucker to stabilize, align, or anything. Yellow, Magenta, and Black are fine.... however Cyan is out of alignment pretty bad, and its splothcy. Does anyone have any input for me?

Thanks

laserman06
10-06-2008, 10:54 PM
So I recieved a call about a error code on this C253. Turned out to be the C-4551 which is the PH unit Cyan. I went ahead and replaced all four PH units, and now I am getting a P-6 (cyan IU failed ) and a P-21 (Color regist test pattern failure.)

The previous lasers were working fine, with the imaging units, and everything was good then the code poped up. Now under installing the new PH Units, i cant get this sucker to stabilize, align, or anything. Yellow, Magenta, and Black are fine.... however Cyan is out of alignment pretty bad, and its splothcy. Does anyone have any input for me?

Thanks

I just had to do the same thing. You need to make sure that the PH's are fully seated on the pins, front and back. Also make sure that you run the skew adjustment found in the service manual, this is very important. One other thing is make sure the spring clip is on the correct way. They are a pain to get in the right position.

discontained
10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
I have double checked the position of them, took them out, reseated, also I replaced them with the old original PH Units, and the code poped up. However the print quality is good.

Konica Minolta said that it might have bad PH unit sent to me from the factory. I find that hard to belive. Anyway, when I conduct the skew adjustment or any kind of color regist. The step value doesnt move. its -10, 0, 10. Upon the stabilzer fails. I get a p-6 and a p-21 upon startup on the machine. Which is Failed IU Unit, and Failed Color test pattern.

I have a Cyan IU Unit on its way. The other lasers are fine, its just cyan.

So here is what I did.

replaced (4) PH Units... [Service Mode] → [Test Mode] → [Gradation Pattern] and output the test pattern. Yellow, Magenta, and Black are fine. Cyan is splotchy. Checkd the STEP value (Cyan -10, Magenta 0, Yellow 10). Did the skew adjustment with the flat head.. followed the steps to adjusting the skew but the step value doesnt change.. Is the IU have something to do here??? I am about to pull my hair out

Custom Search