PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub C360 image off center

Custom Search

gideon
03-27-2019, 05:02 AM
This copier has 620K print.
This is the first time that I see this copier (so I have no idea what was done before).

Symptom: Tray 1,2,3 when printing - the image is too close to the front, (when copy the image is too close to the rear). Manual tray image is centered ok.

All paper trays guides are tight.

I adjust the margin with the service mode to the maximum -3mm, that move the image to the center but it is not enough, rear-front margins are not the same.

There are 2 attachment, one before the adjustment and one after, those are made with copy mode, in printing mode the margin will be reversed.

Any idea (beside initialize the copier)?

Thanks

Toxic
03-27-2019, 08:48 AM
Did you try mechanical centering ajdustment of the tray 1/2 ?
SM page 578

alex_5402
03-27-2019, 06:43 PM
Silly question but is the marketing area definitely set to Europe?

blackcat4866
03-27-2019, 11:58 PM
Yeah ... where did you get a KM test page 8.26" x 10.69" (210 x 270)? The only paper size match I can find is Commercial (US). In 30 years I haven't ever seen this paper size.

Your image is significantly larger than the paper. Maybe that would be a good place to start? =^..^=

Desert Rat
03-28-2019, 12:04 AM
I'm not familar with that test target, I would make my own by folding a sheet of paper in half each way.
Then draw a line down each crease and mark left, right, top & bottom.
Be sure to go edge to edge in each direction. I like to put a couple of marks 2mm and 4mm from the edges
to give me an idea of how much the image needs to be shifted.
Make a copy and fold that in half and the crease on the copied target should come out with in a mm or two of
center left to right and top to bottom.
If not go through the mechanical adjustment for the trays then adjust the loop or registration. You may find that
you might half to adjust the scanner stop and start points to get all the trays to match up.
Then adjust the margins for what ever the spec is.

I also usually check the count on the tires and or clean them and the paper path rollers. It give me the opportunity
to inspect the paper path for other crap.

I've had a lot of print for pay customers and I hate crooked copies or prints. :mad:

But I usually go overboard when it comes to straight images, but I'm learning to get over it.

DR

gideon
03-28-2019, 12:53 AM
Did you try mechanical centering ajdustment of the tray 1/2 ?
SM page 578

I see the adjustment you mention, on my manual 578 is the scanner adjustment, I should have scroll down a little and I found it on 579.

Thanks, Ill try it tomorrow.

gideon
03-28-2019, 12:59 AM
Yeah ... where did you get a KM test page 8.26" x 10.69" (210 x 270)? The only paper size match I can find is Commercial (US). In 30 years I haven't ever seen this paper size.

Your image is significantly larger than the paper. Maybe that would be a good place to start? =^..^=

I got a bulk of those test chart when I was young, everytime I forget one one a customer glass I have to find where I stashed the new ones, I can look if I still have some and send you one.

In regard to the problem, the issue is from printing from the computer so I don't see the magnification effect the problem.

gideon
03-28-2019, 01:01 AM
Silly question but is the marketing area definitely set to Europe?

I didn't check the marketing area but I did check that it set for inch size.

Phil B.
03-28-2019, 01:14 AM
well have you checked in SM if parts needed replacing (over PM?)

[QUOTE] This copier has 620K print.

[QUOTE] All paper trays guides are tight.

tight BUT are they 'grooved' from all those pages being fed?

[QUOTE] There are 2 attachment, one before the adjustment and one after, those are made with copy mode, in printing mode the margin will be reversed.

IN WHAT DIRECTION are the copies being made?
Bottom of Original 1st or TOP 1st? that would make a difference -=IF=- the registration is failing ( or clutches )

TIMING of paper feed and Condition of reg rollers/clutch can cause a larger gap at top of page.... HAVE you scuffed and cleaned THOSE rollers?

Phil B "The Dentist"

gideon
03-28-2019, 01:30 AM
well have you checked in SM if parts needed replacing (over PM?)

[QUOTE] This copier has 620K print.

[QUOTE] All paper trays guides are tight.

tight BUT are they 'grooved' from all those pages being fed?

[QUOTE] There are 2 attachment, one before the adjustment and one after, those are made with copy mode, in printing mode the margin will be reversed.

IN WHAT DIRECTION are the copies being made?
Bottom of Original 1st or TOP 1st? that would make a difference -=IF=- the registration is failing ( or clutches )

TIMING of paper feed and Condition of reg rollers/clutch can cause a larger gap at top of page.... HAVE you scuffed and cleaned THOSE rollers?

Phil B "The Dentist"

There is adjustment on the tray, I'll try it tomorrow. Page 580 in my manual.
Thanks

gideon
03-29-2019, 05:22 AM
Problem solved, adjust the trays plate position and fine tune with tech mode.

Thanks for you all

Custom Search