PDA

View Full Version : Konica c360 print on Lower fuser roller

Custom Search

DOE
03-27-2019, 01:11 PM
Have a funeral home that has a Konica c360 that when they run their funeral cards through the bypass print gets on the lower fuser roller and causes double printing on the cards. The cards are slick and pre-printed but they claim they're the same ones that they have always used. Customer does put it on thick 4. After they run so many cards you can see the print on the orange fuser roller. I replace the fuser section with another one I had(used). 2 days later they called with the same problem and I can see the print 4in wide on the orange fuser roller. I tried a third section that I had that was also used with the same results. I took a part one section and don't see any type of cleaning roller in this unit. Could I just be unlucky and have three fuser sections that were at their end or could there be another problem here. Once again they say it's the same card for they've been using since the beginning and they work fine up until the last couple weeks. I was able to scrub the print off of the orange roller but that will just get them through another day or two. Is there something I'm overlooking that cleans off the orange roller

copyman
03-27-2019, 01:42 PM
Do you see the image of what is pre-printed on card or just what you are printing onto card?

K/M only use a cleaning roller in the faster high volume copiers. After 3 fusers I think you can rule out the fuser causing this. They may be using same prayer cards but perhaps whoever prints the cards changed ink or paper on this batch of cards? Or the cards were printed on a laser copier / printer instead of a press and that toner is transferring to lower roller. Think those LFR's have a clear sleeve on them to prevent toner from sticking. My guess is the cards were run on a laser printer / copier and the melting point of that toner is less than the Biz C360. When you use K/M thick settings it increases the temp & slows machine down.

I believe there is a glossy setting, did you try that since you posted they are using a "slick" card stock. Also did you try running on thick 2 or 3? Or try changing the fuser temp? My thought is if you lower the temp the toner from cards won't be transferred.

DOE
03-27-2019, 02:08 PM
Do you see the image of what is pre-printed on card or just what you are printing onto card?

K/M only use a cleaning roller in the faster high volume copiers. After 3 fusers I think you can rule out the fuser causing this. They may be using same prayer cards but perhaps whoever prints the cards changed ink or paper on this batch of cards? Or the cards were printed on a laser copier / printer instead of a press and that toner is transferring to lower roller. Think those LFR's have a clear sleeve on them to prevent toner from sticking. My guess is the cards were run on a laser printer / copier and the melting point of that toner is less than the Biz C360. When you use K/M thick settings it increases the temp & slows machine down.

I believe there is a glossy setting, did you try that since you posted they are using a "slick" card stock. Also did you try running on thick 2 or 3? Or try changing the fuser temp? My thought is if you lower the temp the toner from cards won't be transferred.
Do you see The Double Image from what you are printing on the card

DOE
03-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Do you see The Double Image from what you are printing on the card

You see The Double Image from what you are printing on the card not what was pre-printed

copier addict
03-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Have a funeral home that has a Konica c360 that when they run their funeral cards through the bypass print gets on the lower fuser roller and causes double printing on the cards. The cards are slick and pre-printed but they claim they're the same ones that they have always used. Customer does put it on thick 4. After they run so many cards you can see the print on the orange fuser roller. I replace the fuser section with another one I had(used). 2 days later they called with the same problem and I can see the print 4in wide on the orange fuser roller. I tried a third section that I had that was also used with the same results. I took a part one section and don't see any type of cleaning roller in this unit. Could I just be unlucky and have three fuser sections that were at their end or could there be another problem here. Once again they say it's the same card for they've been using since the beginning and they work fine up until the last couple weeks. I was able to scrub the print off of the orange roller but that will just get them through another day or two. Is there something I'm overlooking that cleans off the orange roller

I'm a bit confused. Is it printing an image on the back of the paper or is there a double image on the side that is being printed? I have had many cases where as the fuser ages past expected yield it will start ghosting on the printed side. Installing a NEW fuser fixes this issue for me.

blackcat4866
03-27-2019, 04:31 PM
I'm with copyman on this one.

I suspect that the pre-printed images were printed on a laser based device with a lower toner melting point than your C360. If thats the case theres nothing that you can do.

You say they're using thick4 media type ... have you weighted up their media and determined that thick4 is the correct choice? What gsm? Or are you just guessing? Measuring generally produces better results.

You can get fusing related issues if the temperature is too cold or too hot. =^..^=

Synthohol
03-27-2019, 05:06 PM
i dont think any coated paper is certified on that dinosaur.
you can try a slip sheet between each card to help clean off the fuser before the next.
thats my best suggestion unless they print the whole card themselves all at once.

copyman
03-27-2019, 10:27 PM
Agree with Syn. The funeral parlor I have that does this runs the whole card, no preprinted. They use like a 60lb cover stock. He has a bunch of those prayer card sayings and he puts the dead person's picture on the other side.

Plus they save the expense of paying for pre-printed. They are "dying" to save money in those places.....

Desert Rat
03-27-2019, 11:41 PM
As I am fighting an aftermarket toner problem with one of my customers, I would say don't over look the toner.
I have seen even with offset printing the ink exhausting from pre printed stock. But I have not heard of it for
many years. The lower temp will effect the solids first and make the image look flaky.
I agree with those that say change the settings if it happens with a new fuser section.

DR

Hansoon
03-28-2019, 06:31 AM
I have seen similar on a BH-C-220 when using aftermarket K-Toner.
OEM-K cleared the problem after I vacuumed the hopper out of old K-toner and ran about 100 A3 test pages - without a toner bottle yet, with testmode/halftone patterns @ density 65, until it was asking for toner. Inserted the OEM-K and let the machine fill the hopper and tone up the developer. Than everything was OK from that moment and it stayed like that for over 12 month's now.

Hans

lazymangr
03-28-2019, 11:02 AM
i have seen this on many customers. check the paper weight. when the machine is new even if they dont change paper weight they print ok. when the machine starts getting old it doupleprints when they dont set correct paper type

DOE
03-28-2019, 01:58 PM
I'm a bit confused. Is it printing an image on the back of the paper or is there a double image on the side that is being printed? I have had many cases where as the fuser ages past expected yield it will start ghosting on the printed side. Installing a NEW fuser fixes this issue for me.

It is double printing on the side that you print on

darry1322
03-28-2019, 03:23 PM
It is double printing on the side that you print on

It sounds like the toner isn't completely fusing to the page. This lets the toner that is still on the heated roller reprint on the page during the copy process and reprint on the pressure roller after the sheet leaves the fuser.

Possible problems are the fuser unit, bad toner, or bad paper type ( physical paper as well as type setting).

Make sure you are using OEM toner, swap in a new fuser, try a different paper stock*.

* I know. They've been using this paper for years. Doesn't matter. Paper manufacturers make changes too. If it only does it on this brand or type of paper, it's the paper.

Desert Rat
03-29-2019, 10:37 PM
All of these suggestions can cause the problem. It's nice that they are all on one post now.

DR

Custom Search