PDA

View Full Version : C3110 not resetting k toner

Custom Search

Brett GS
03-28-2019, 08:32 PM
Hi guys
Got a new c3110 that wont reset k toner.
Tried the force new release in service mode (SW 28).
The icp on the toner chip hasnt blown.
Any ideas?

byronf
03-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Hi guys
Got a new c3110 that wont reset k toner.
Tried the force new release in service mode (SW 28).
The icp on the toner chip hasnt blown.
Any ideas?

Hi Brett,

Please try the steps below

​service mode - Machine - New release mode - default is NO NEW RELEASE change to NEW RELEASE - exit service mode.

Once error is gone repeat the step and set back to default.

Brett GS
03-29-2019, 09:27 PM
Hi Brett,

Please try the steps below

​service mode - Machine - New release mode - default is NO NEW RELEASE change to NEW RELEASE - exit service mode.

Once error is gone repeat the step and set back to default.
Tried that today and same result.

EarthKmTech
03-30-2019, 12:01 AM
I had to replace a printer control board recently on one of these for this very issue - after verifying the integrity of the wiring to all iu and toner cart contacts. It also wasnt blowing the fuse, but on the black IU. No icp's were blown on the prcb either, absolutely no 3.3v was ever being sent to the iu to detect or blow the fuse of the new iu on closing the door. The board fixed it.

Brett GS
04-03-2019, 08:24 PM
I had to replace a printer control board recently on one of these for this very issue - after verifying the integrity of the wiring to all iu and toner cart contacts. It also wasnt blowing the fuse, but on the black IU. No icp's were blown on the prcb either, absolutely no 3.3v was ever being sent to the iu to detect or blow the fuse of the new iu on closing the door. The board fixed it.

Tested today and get 3.3v on the connector on the pcrb and 3.3v gets to the toner cart and image unit.
When testing the k dev unit motor i gat NG so think the pcrb is shot.
Machine doesnt have many clicks on it yet,the original toners and iu's are the unchipped/shipped units.

Brett GS
05-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Turned out being a corrupted IC chip.

allan
05-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Turned out being a corrupted IC chip.

IC Chip?

Brett GS
05-03-2019, 12:16 AM
IC Chip?

Yip the 8 legged ic on the pcrb

Oystercopy
08-07-2019, 04:14 PM
I'm having this same issue on several machines right now... in the past, a new toner was simply needed. Today, we tried that on one and it didn't work.…? I don't have extra PCRBs laying around to swap, but since new toners have resolved others in the past, I wonder if they're not just having some bad chips on the cartridges sent? I remember the C-25s being notorious with this issue as well, so maybe same thing?

Custom Search