PDA

View Full Version : C3850 main screen button change?

Custom Search

mrfuser
03-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Anyone know how to remove buttons on the main screen ?

I’ve tried going into admin mode then system settings then main menu default but there’s no place in there to change the buttons

srvctec
03-28-2019, 10:48 PM
From the user manual:

[Registered Key Settings]
To display: [Utility] - [Administrator Settings] - [System Settings] - [Registered Key Settings]

Not sure if you can change them like on the later models because the C3851 control panel is more similar to the 4e and 8 series than the C3850 is, if I'm remembering correctly. But who knows since I'm old and have C.R.S.

mrfuser
03-28-2019, 11:00 PM
Yeah that was my thinking also but it does not work . There’s a button on there that says app APP that I want to remove for the client

srvctec
03-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Just discovered something that might help. I was working on a bh284e and had to update FW to the latest version. The machine was on function version 3 and had the web browser and external apps buttons on the menu screen but were grayed out. I updated the FW to latest and then set correct function version to 7 and then those buttons disappeared.

So, check that you have the latest FW installed for the C3850 and that the correct Function Version is set. Maybe that will do the trick.

tsbservice
03-29-2019, 09:35 PM
[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[System Settings]

[Custom Display Settings]

[Main Menu Default Settings]

B0265
03-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Yeah that was my thinking also but it does not work . There’s a button on there that says app APP that I want to remove for the client
There must be some Openapi application installed, what is shown if you press that button?

rrrohan
03-30-2019, 01:34 AM
Just discovered something that might help. I was working on a bh284e and had to update FW to the latest version. The machine was on function version 3 and had the web browser and external apps buttons on the menu screen but were grayed out. I updated the FW to latest and then set correct function version to 7 and then those buttons disappeared.

So, check that you have the latest FW installed for the C3850 and that the correct Function Version is set. Maybe that will do the trick.

Always wondered how to get web browser menu off a 365 thanks

Use the API Manager app and see if something got installed and just remove it

Custom Search