PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C368 - Print jobs default to bypass tray

Custom Search

swappedsr
03-29-2019, 02:18 AM
I have an issue and I hope someone may lead me in the right direction here. We have automated print jobs from a proprietary program we are running. This program doesn't direct print, it points to the printer on a print server. These jobs off and on have problems where it prompts on the printer to put 8 1/2 x 11 in the bypass tray or to pick another tray. This all started to be a problem around the time when someone started printing an 8 1/2 x 14 document from Word. Somehow it tends to fix itself somehow. I have tried a lot of different things, the default settings for this printer on the print server look correct. The user only has print rights and the printer defaults are set to 8 1/2 x 11 and auto tray. The auto tray settings are also selected for trays 1 and tray 2, which have only 8 1/2 x 11 in them. One thing I noticed is that the bypass tray once filled with 8 1/2 x 14 by the user who prints those word docs is that size stays for the bypass tray even if there is nothing in it. I got it to print correctly once when I had put in 8 1/2 x 11 paper in the bypass tray and pulled it out and shut the bypass door, the job then pulled from tray 1 like normal. I had problems replicating that today. Anyway, I have tried changing settings on the bypass tray, I have defaulted the printer on the print server to print to tray 1. I set the printer so that it's settings overrides the printer driver. I am not sure where to look here to resolve this problem.

bsm2
03-29-2019, 04:08 AM
I have an issue and I hope someone may lead me in the right direction here. We have automated print jobs from a proprietary program we are running. This program doesn't direct print, it points to the printer on a print server. These jobs off and on have problems where it prompts on the printer to put 8 1/2 x 11 in the bypass tray or to pick another tray. This all started to be a problem around the time when someone started printing an 8 1/2 x 14 document from Word. Somehow it tends to fix itself somehow. I have tried a lot of different things, the default settings for this printer on the print server look correct. The user only has print rights and the printer defaults are set to 8 1/2 x 11 and auto tray. The auto tray settings are also selected for trays 1 and tray 2, which have only 8 1/2 x 11 in them. One thing I noticed is that the bypass tray once filled with 8 1/2 x 14 by the user who prints those word docs is that size stays for the bypass tray even if there is nothing in it. I got it to print correctly once when I had put in 8 1/2 x 11 paper in the bypass tray and pulled it out and shut the bypass door, the job then pulled from tray 1 like normal. I had problems replicating that today. Anyway, I have tried changing settings on the bypass tray, I have defaulted the printer on the print server to print to tray 1. I set the printer so that it's settings overrides the printer driver. I am not sure where to look here to resolve this problem.

Have them call the proprietary program and check the printer settings. If the user has no control of tray settings then the command to print and tray is coming from the program. IE if MS word says print from tray 1 , it will print from tray 1 no matter what the printer settings or printer driver are set too.

rrrohan
03-29-2019, 04:44 AM
What "No Matching Paper in tray settings" set to?

Stop printing or switch trays42191

swappedsr
03-29-2019, 05:01 AM
Have them call the proprietary program and check the printer settings. If the user has no control of tray settings then the command to print and tray is coming from the program. IE if MS word says print from tray 1 , it will print from tray 1 no matter what the printer settings or printer driver are set too.

So thats the thing I can manually run the same job through this proprietary app, and when sent to another bizhub (364), it prints just fine from tray 1. I talked to one of our programmers and she said it uses the print server queue for that printer that has the issue, so I was thinking it is using the the default print settings of that printer that is on the print server. Those default print settings of the printer on the print server don’t have the bypass tray as a default. I didn’t mention before, but also when the issue happens, the first page always prints from tray 1 and then it prompts to put 8 1/2 x 11 in the bypass or choose a different tray. This is also when the bypass tray has 8 1/2 x 11 listed for bypass or what it read as the last paper size that was put into the bypass tray. I think also, I have to check, when the last paper source in the bypass is 8 1/2 x 14 in the bypass tray, if I send the print job from the program again, it prints the first page and prompts on the printer to put in 8 1/2 x 14 in the bypass or choose another tray. Very strange issue.

bsm2
03-29-2019, 12:22 PM
So thats the thing I can manually run the same job through this proprietary app, and when sent to another bizhub (364), it prints just fine from tray 1. I talked to one of our programmers and she said it uses the print server queue for that printer that has the issue, so I was thinking it is using the the default print settings of that printer that is on the print server. Those default print settings of the printer on the print server don’t have the bypass tray as a default. I didn’t mention before, but also when the issue happens, the first page always prints from tray 1 and then it prompts to put 8 1/2 x 11 in the bypass or choose a different tray. This is also when the bypass tray has 8 1/2 x 11 listed for bypass or what it read as the last paper size that was put into the bypass tray. I think also, I have to check, when the last paper source in the bypass is 8 1/2 x 14 in the bypass tray, if I send the print job from the program again, it prints the first page and prompts on the printer to put in 8 1/2 x 14 in the bypass or choose another tray. Very strange issue.

The proprietary program is the issue not the copier. Have them configure there print q correctly.

swappedsr
03-29-2019, 04:25 PM
The proprietary program is the issue not the copier. Have them configure there print q correctly.

Even though the same job prints fine on another copier? Doesn’t make sense.

swappedsr
03-29-2019, 04:27 PM

I am pretty sure i tried this but will again today. Where is the tray priority setting for when you choose switch trays. Want to make sure that is set to tray 1.

swappedsr
03-29-2019, 07:30 PM

Okay, changing to switch trays seems to have resolved the problems so far. One thing I noticed is that the second page of these print jobs is blank. I think there is a setting regarding whether or not to print blanks, just have to find it. But, if it is working I really don’t want to touch it. I’ve been trying to fix this for the past two days.

bsm2
03-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Even though the same job prints fine on another copier? Doesn’t make sense.

each printer has it's own print q and driver

tsbservice
03-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Okay, changing to switch trays seems to have resolved the problems so far. One thing I noticed is that the second page of these print jobs is blank. I think there is a setting regarding whether or not to print blanks, just have to find it. But, if it is working I really don’t want to touch it. I’ve been trying to fix this for the past two days.
Administrator settings-System settings-Blank page print settings-Do not Print

Custom Search