PDA

View Full Version : MarketPlace screensaver

Custom Search

rrrohan
04-01-2019, 04:09 AM
I just installed it.
Australia finally got the MarketPlace and all 5 useless apps. lol.
Is it possible to disable the Konica Minolta screen saver? I cant find the option to disable it.
If not I will just remove the marketplace as currently in my region is basically still useless.

thanks.

Bix
04-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Hi rrrohan,

You need install Open API Application Manager

This software allows you to disable the screensavers installed in the printer.

rrrohan
04-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Hi rrrohan,

So if i use this i can remove only the screen saver but leave the market?

the screensaver is such a useless feature i hope they allow you to disable that during the install of marketplace in future

Bix
04-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Yes, it should allow.

I installed a year ago but I had to remove it because I often blocked the screen of the machine and I had to restart it every time.

I think a memory expansion is needed to make it run well.

rrrohan
04-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Yes, it should allow.

I installed a year ago but I had to remove it because I often blocked the screen of the machine and I had to restart it every time.

thanks your tip worked.

I think a memory expansion is needed to make it run well.
i thought no API would run without a UK memory expansion.

Bix
04-02-2019, 07:46 AM
i thought no API would run without a UK memory expansion.
Yes, it works without memory expansion but I think this marketplace slows down the machine in its fluidity. Especially in machines with only 2GB. With an expansion of memory, the situation should improve.
But for now, I have not yet tried in machines with 4GB if the situation improves.

rrrohan
04-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Yes, it works without memory expansion but I think this marketplace slows down the machine in its fluidity. Especially in machines with only 2GB. With an expansion of memory, the situation should improve.
But for now, I have not yet tried in machines with 4GB if the situation improves.

Its ok, doesnt look like my region will ever get the marketplace anyway. they say its released in australia but the 5 apps are pointless and no cloud connectors so i really dont know why they wasted the server space to host a .au domain.

i love KM but its pretty embarrassing for sales team when they explain you cant scan to the cloud. so glad im not working in sales

HoonBoy
04-02-2019, 10:38 AM
You can login with other region account and use the US Marketplace: MarketPlace (https://us.konicaminoltamarketplace.com/market)

Bix
04-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Its ok, doesnt look like my region will ever get the marketplace anyway. they say its released in australia but the 5 apps are pointless and no cloud connectors so i really dont know why they wasted the server space to host a .au domain.

i love KM but its pretty embarrassing for sales team when they explain you cant scan to the cloud. so glad im not working in sales

In Europe, KM seems to be launching its own cloud service (komi cloud/doc), a mfp display via a connector is also available.
The marketplace is not yet available in all countries officially.

rrrohan
04-02-2019, 03:03 PM
You can login with other region account and use the US Marketplace: MarketPlace (https://us.konicaminoltamarketplace.com/market)

I tried last year but it just said it wasn't available in my region.

Tried a USA DNS with US marketing region but NG. Short of a USA based DNS I don't think it's possible

blackcat4866
10-05-2019, 01:54 AM
I was successful today uninstalling the app with bizhub Marketplace Installer. It's quite easy to make the button vanish, but I understand its still running in the background, unless uninstalled.

The thing that threw me, is that it took perhaps 25 minutes for the utility to work. It gave me error for "No Network Connection" immediately after successfully auto updating the utility to version 1.11.3

Then the MFP pulled up that screen you see when you're logged in as Admin into the web interface ... for about 15 more minutes ... then the utility worked.

I wasted considerable time searching for this Open API Application Management. It did not come up under a wide variety of searches. When I got the name right: bizhub Marketplace Installer ... then I started finding manuals, software, etc.
=^..^=

rrrohan
10-05-2019, 08:06 AM
I was successful today uninstalling the app with bizhub Marketplace Installer. It's quite easy to make the button vanish, but I understand its still running in the background, unless uninstalled.

The thing that threw me, is that it took perhaps 25 minutes for the utility to work. It gave me error for "No Network Connection" immediately after successfully auto updating the utility to version 1.11.3

Then the MFP pulled up that screen you see when you're logged in as Admin into the web interface ... for about 15 more minutes ... then the utility worked.

I wasted considerable time searching for this Open API Application Management. It did not come up under a wide variety of searches. When I got the name right: bizhub Marketplace Installer ... then I started finding manuals, software, etc.
=^..^=

i dont bother uninstalling it anymore since my api manger app seems to be so unreliable these days

you can just disable screen saver. i think its in admin-reset settings. if im wrong ill double check on monday for u the location

tsbservice
10-05-2019, 08:25 AM
I use it to put our company logo as a screensaver. My boss like it. There's option to change screensavers but it may require some money involved. I tried to play with widgets but wasn't pleased enough.

rrrohan
10-05-2019, 09:34 AM
I use it to put our company logo as a screensaver. My boss like it. There's option to change screensavers but it may require some money involved. I tried to play with widgets but wasn't pleased enough.

im old school and having a imagine sit static on screen is the opposite of a screen saver. plus it adds a short delay for customer as it needs you to tap screen before even performing a copy/scan

korthr5
01-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Hello

To disable:

Administrator -> System Settings -> Reset Settings -> System Auto Reset -->> Screen Saver Function

rrrohan
01-04-2020, 03:46 PM
id bet if you ask 100 techs not one would leave the "screen saver" enabled

Bix
01-07-2020, 04:38 PM
You're right, nobody would leave it active for two reasons:
1. The screenserver often slows down the MFP. Each time I enable, it takes several seconds to recover.
2. Sometimes freezes the MFP. I happened to put the weather, really nice but ... disastrous! I had to restart the printer at least 2 times a day.

Gift
01-05-2021, 11:29 AM
Hi rrrohan,

Can you point me to that download? I'm struggeling in finding this one in KNOVA .

Bix
01-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Can you point me to that download? I'm struggeling in finding this one in KNOVA .

Private Nachrichten ansehen

rrrohan
01-05-2021, 02:20 PM

well for one you dont need the API software. plus iver personally had trouble running it recently.

just turn it off in reset settings

Gift
01-05-2021, 02:26 PM
Unfortunetaly I have a funny machine with this setting missing. User manual says that you actually need to have the markeplace installed in order to see that screensaver setting but no matter what I try and activate/deactive it won't show up.

THX@Bix - ich teste das morgen mal.

Bix
01-05-2021, 02:32 PM
You are welcome! What model and firmware is present in your opinion?:cool:

rrrohan
01-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Unfortunetaly I have a funny machine with this setting missing. User manual says that you actually need to have the markeplace installed in order to see that screensaver setting but no matter what I try and activate/deactive it won't show up.

THX@Bix - ich teste das morgen mal.

its true. until you actually click on marketplace it wont download the "screen saver"

if you dont see that option maybe just click on marketplace. it seems counter productive but it might then allow you to disable it. cant hurt to try

Bix
01-05-2021, 02:42 PM
See my last post here: We comment on iSeries firmware (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/150760-we-comment-iseries-firmware-post1636211.html#post1636211)

It seems a problem solved with G00-E9

Screen saver of Marktplace is displayed even automatically installed MarketPlace is set to OFF. [INC000000028608/PR00002130]
[Note]
Displaying or not displaying the setting of the screen saver function will be switched depending on whether a user turns ON or OFF MarketPlace by this modification.
-If MarketPlace is turned ON, the setting of the screen saver function is not displayed.
-If MarketPlace is turned OFF, the setting of the screen saver function is displayed.
The functions in MarketPlace account settings are unavailable. [NC000000027592/E

Gift
01-05-2021, 03:41 PM
See my last post here: We comment on iSeries firmware (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/150760-we-comment-iseries-firmware-post1636211.html#post1636211)

It seems a problem solved with G00-E9

Screen saver of Marktplace is displayed even automatically installed MarketPlace is set to OFF. [INC000000028608/PR00002130]
[Note]
Displaying or not displaying the setting of the screen saver function will be switched depending on whether a user turns ON or OFF MarketPlace by this modification.
-If MarketPlace is turned ON, the setting of the screen saver function is not displayed.
-If MarketPlace is turned OFF, the setting of the screen saver function is displayed.
The functions in MarketPlace account settings are unavailable. [NC000000027592/E

Thanks for the hint, I'm with a C450i wich we have pre-installed about two weeks ago, delivery is scheduled for tomorrow - I just updated the firmware but still there's no screensaver function in admin settings no matter if marketplace is enabled or not BUT the screensaver seems not to show up anymore if marketplace is disabled.

its true. until you actually click on marketplace it wont download the "screen saver"

We tabbed on marketplace - it did not do the trick as well, machine wasn't connected to the internet though, not shure if this is important to trigger that ugly screen saver.

Well I'm happy now since the screensaver doesn't show up anymore^^

emujo2
01-05-2021, 06:21 PM
here's my 2 cents on the market place app..These are pretty much useless with a couple of exceptions. The new machines come with market place installed and as soon as you connect to the network is tries to go out and update it self.. I can't tell you how many calls we've had for "unable to connect" messages..to remove it from the new I series..

For Bizhub MarketPlace, perform the following to set software switch 172 to HEX 01:
a. Enter Service Mode
b. Select System 2
c. Select Software Switch Settings
d. Set Switch No. to 172
e. Set HEX Assignment to '01'
f. Press Fix
g. Press End
h. Press Exit
i. Power MFP OFF then back ON

3. After power ON, perform the following:
a. Select Utility
b. Select Administrator Mode
c. Select Network
d. Select IWS Settings
e. Select MarketPlace Settings
f. Select Enable settings (OFF)
Note: The MarketPlace buttons will be hidden in Basic Style Menu and Classic Style Menu

srvctec
01-05-2021, 08:38 PM
here's my 2 cents on the market place app..These are pretty much useless with a couple of exceptions. The new machines come with market place installed and as soon as you connect to the network is tries to go out and update it self.. I can't tell you how many calls we've had for "unable to connect" messages..to remove it from the new I series..

For Bizhub MarketPlace, perform the following to set software switch 172 to HEX 01:
a. Enter Service Mode
b. Select System 2
c. Select Software Switch Settings
d. Set Switch No. to 172
e. Set HEX Assignment to '01'
f. Press Fix
g. Press End
h. Press Exit
i. Power MFP OFF then back ON

3. After power ON, perform the following:
a. Select Utility
b. Select Administrator Mode
c. Select Network
d. Select IWS Settings
e. Select MarketPlace Settings
f. Select Enable settings (OFF)
Note: The MarketPlace buttons will be hidden in Basic Style Menu and Classic Style Menu

Exactly what we do and is part of our initial setup of these i-series machines.

Gift
01-06-2021, 10:11 AM
Makes sense, I'm gonna add this to our set up procedure as well

rrrohan
01-07-2021, 12:16 AM
Makes sense, I'm gonna add this to our set up procedure as well

MarketPlace has been a massive disappointment. and the fact so many people are just disabling it confirms it

Bix
01-07-2021, 07:56 AM
Marketplace would have been a big hit if the apps were free. Most of the services are paid to use free apps, and customers don't like that.

rrrohan
01-10-2021, 03:13 AM
and the apps are so slow. havent tried any on the i series but 8 series was bad.

thats what ive always loved about Konica, the interface has always been snappy compared to HP/Samsung

plus in Australia our access to market place apps is very very limited. easily half the apps are not accessible compared to USA marketplace also customers cant just pay for apps on credit card they have to go through a authorized store to buy them on behalf of customer.

the worst bit is how pagescope mobile could be used to scan to cloud, we had customers use a perment iPad next to copier to do cloud scanning but they pulled that option and im pretty sure they dropped page scope mobile support now havent they? think they dropped the pagescope branding

MelKonica
03-01-2021, 06:30 PM
I just installed it.
Is it possible to disable the Konica Minolta screen saver? I cant find the option to disable it.
If not I will just remove the marketplace as currently in my region is basically still useless.

thanks.

Reset Setting
System Auto Reset
Screensaver Function - Disable

Your Welcome!

rrrohan
03-01-2021, 11:10 PM
Yeah prior to leaving I was checking on a new run up. Turns out until you launch marketplace for the first time the screensaver doesn't install so the option to disable it also doesn't show.

So for ages I just assumed you couldn't disable it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
03-02-2021, 12:21 AM
We've be removing Marketplace on setup. Don't forget DIPSW 172, or it will immediately reload the first time the machine gets an internet connection. =^..^=

tsbservice
03-02-2021, 06:37 AM
We've be removing Marketplace on setup. Don't forget DIPSW 172, or it will immediately reload the first time the machine gets an internet connection. =^..^=
With latest FW G00-E9 it will come again no matter switch 172.

Bix
03-02-2021, 08:00 AM
Hi guys, check this: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/154892-you-can-now-deactivate-marketplace-without-difficulty.html#post1691607
This disables Marketplace and Screensaver.
From now on I deactivate Marketplace in 2 seconds and no more problems!

CSR4CEI
08-30-2021, 02:25 PM
Hello

To disable:

Administrator -> System Settings -> Reset Settings -> System Auto Reset -->> Screen Saver Function

Starting with Firmware version G4, this does NOT disable the screen savers anymore, even though this setting is still there. Anyone have any updated ideas? Seems KM is determined to have the screen saver function set to ON, and my customers do not like it as it is one more step they have to go through just to use the copier.

Synthohol
08-30-2021, 05:02 PM
Just remove marketplace then.
Plus no it's not, if it went into power save they would have had to touch the screen anyway to use it.

CSR4CEI
08-30-2021, 05:14 PM
Just remove marketplace then.
Plus no it's not, if it went into power save they would have had to touch the screen anyway to use it.

This issue is ONLY for my Marketplace customers (we do remove Marketplace on all others), and this is happening when the Auto Reset occurs after 1 minute of non-use, and the machine would normally go to the Main Menu screen. I hope this helps clarify what I am seeking.

greglogston
08-30-2021, 05:43 PM
I just installed it.

thanks.

It's somewhere by auto reset in system settings.

Custom Search