PDA

View Full Version : new driver layout

Custom Search

rrrohan
04-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Whats everyone think of the new drivers U.I?

I just installed using latestest Universal drivers and it look totally different. even the printer icon looks like a model i have never seen.

ive worked with KM for about 8 years and this is the only driver refresh in regards to the UI i have seen.

normally when i do a upgrade i dont even need to show customer the driver since its never changed but this was first time.

I told them if they dont like it after a week i can install the model specific C458 driver.

Must be a sign of some big changes, im guessing the new models touch screen layout will probaly be different again

tsbservice
04-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Installed on office machine for future play with it.
For now new Universal driver looks like Win8(tablet view). Don't like them both.

Synthohol
04-03-2019, 11:34 AM
just very curious, why in the world would anyone use the universal driver when the correct model specific drivers are free?

Bix
04-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Hi, out of curiosity I have just downloaded the universal drivers but they seem to me the same as always.

Where did you download them?

nb. watch out for universal drivers. It has happened to me in the past that caused printing slowdowns or problems when authentication is configured.

Bix
04-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Ok found,
Maybe you downloaded Universal Printer Driver V4
It seems that it tries to adapt to the new Windows layouts.

However I have seen the update date. Strangely, the last update is in January while the classic universal drivers are updated in March.

SalesServiceGuy
04-03-2019, 03:26 PM
If you are working with a Windows 10 PC, be careful that Microsoft did not automatically download their new Universal V4 driver and not the Konica Minolta original driver.

I work on Toshiba copiers and this new driver from Microsoft drove me nuts until I figured out what was happening.

If the colour scheme and layout is all different from what you are used to, you are probably looking at the Microsoft Universal V4 driver.

kingarthur
04-03-2019, 04:17 PM
If you are working with a Windows 10 PC, be careful that Microsoft did not automatically download their new Universal V4 driver and not the Konica Minolta original driver.

I work on Toshiba copiers and this new driver from Microsoft drove me nuts until I figured out what was happening.

If the colour scheme and layout is all different from what you are used to, you are probably looking at the Microsoft Universal V4 driver.

The amount of times I've seen this happen, I'm constantly having to "educate" IT people to untick "query the printer and automatically select the driver to use", the amount of customers who can't use "account track/user authentication" or various other things are missing ,as the IT bod has been too lazy to do it properly

arahael
04-03-2019, 07:25 PM
This driver layout is similar to op panel next gen konicas that will be released soon

rrrohan
04-04-2019, 01:36 AM
This driver layout is similar to op panel next gen konicas that will be released soon

yeah thats what i guessed. The touch screens on new models is completly different from pictures ive seen.

I like the universal driver never had a problem for years. Im told the older universal driver was crap back prior to 4 series. Plus universal driver has more admin features.

Woxner
04-04-2019, 01:49 AM
why woulkd you use these crappy drivers. you should use pcl or ps. last time i looked they were missing functions on universal driver. i have never installed them.

rrrohan
04-04-2019, 01:54 AM
What features are missing. If anything it gives more options in my experience. Or do u mean the generic driver not the universal?
EDIT: I just looked doesn't look like this V4 driver offers the administrator button to lock certain features down. mm not sure if i like that, might stick to the model specific or the normal universal driver

It is still a pcl driver

and it works fine with account track and all that.

I have had IT install wrong drivers in past though. I had one that thought the print spooler was on copier. Must of lied on resume lol

srvctec
04-04-2019, 10:28 PM
I don't really like the new drivers as far as layout goes. Seems more difficult to me to get to where I need to go, but I know where everything is on the old drivers, so over time, maybe I could get used to the new ones. At first glance, these drivers remind me of the Fiery driver.

Attached is the overview .pdf from Konica Minolta.

rrrohan
04-05-2019, 01:32 AM
I don't really like the new drivers as far as layout goes. Seems more difficult to me to get to where I need to go, but I know where everything is on the old drivers, so over time, maybe I could get used to the new ones. At first glance, these drivers remind me of the Fiery driver.

Attached is the overview .pdf from Konica Minolta.

i can imagine the customer liking it once you setup all the favourites.

from the few PC's i tried it on does seem laggy to open tabs

so over time, maybe I could get used to the new ones

thats what i hoped about win 10 lol

arahael
04-06-2019, 10:09 PM
To people with develop acces. Can you find something ? Layout completly different. Not all products.... I dont know how Infohub. Something changed ?

rolls.bo
04-07-2019, 07:47 PM
I never install the generic drivers, but only the dedicated ones in PCL or PS of the printer model.The generic drivers have only caused me problems

bye ............

rrrohan
04-08-2019, 05:04 AM
I never install the generic drivers, but only the dedicated ones in PCL or PS of the printer model.The generic drivers have only caused me problems

bye ............

i know the older techs have always hate universal drivers but i feel like it was because the older universal driver must of been really buggy.
I know for a fact the ones that say they hate it have not tried the new one, stuck in the mindset that if it was buggy 10 years ago it will still be buggy now.

I've used it many times and cant find a issue with it.
I dont like wizard install method but its handy for customer to DIY install.

I like the way HP do universal driver, one print cue and the cue itself then asks you what printer to use. thats if you require that functionality, might be more annoying than useful for most people

Bix
04-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Hi rrrohan,
I am a young technician and a strong supporter of universal drivers. I have never installed drivers with new layouts yet but I can tell you how I found myself with the recent universal drivers.

They are fantastic because in one go you can install so many machines that it automatically recognizes.

Unfortunately once a customer with 30 slow enough PCs asked me to install 3 drivers for 3 printers and I used universal drivers. Later they asked me to activate different functions such as account track and .. curse ... all the PCs didn't print anymore!

It took me a long time to understand and in the end they were universal drivers.

I lost a whole day to reinstall non-universal drivers :(

rolls.bo
04-08-2019, 06:08 PM
guys, experience teaches, for this reason I don't like universal drivers ......

rrrohan
04-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Odd how some have nightmare stories and others have no dramas

copytechman
04-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Odd how some have nightmare stories and others have no dramas

It seems that way. I don't like universal drivers myself but what can I say!

Regards!

A.

Custom Search