PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 458e wrong toner

Custom Search

Toxic
04-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Today got call from customer with 458e.
Waste toner bottle full.
Solve that and see on display message "toner low".
Check toner bottle and it was full of toner.
Then i noticed toner bottle head have some damages and broken plastic tabs.
Some smart guy employee try to replace TN514K (C458...) ,it normaly dont fit and then he brokes some tabs on toner bottle and managed to insert toner.
Now if i put originaly TN516K toner low warning remains,maybe because they already put it in so machine does not see that toner as new and does not reset toner level?
I can see toner hopper is full.
Does anybody knows it this toners "compatibles" regarding toner powder composition and should i expect problems with developing unit, etc...?
They done that today and for now print quality is ok but i am interested what to expect.

Synthohol
04-03-2019, 08:12 PM
i can only tell you how i solve those kind of issues, i take out the toner bottle and run enough halftone test patterns at 255 until the hopper is empty (unless you really want to vacuum it out) it will stop and call for toner.
install the correct bottle, the gauge should go back to 100%.
run a bunch of gradation or halftone patterns until you are satisfied with the fill and quality and that should be that.

Phil B.
04-03-2019, 08:31 PM
i can only tell you how i solve those kind of issues, i take out the toner bottle and run enough halftone test patterns at 255 until the hopper is empty (unless you really want to vacuum it out) it will stop and call for toner.
install the correct bottle, the gauge should go back to 100%.
run a bunch of gradation or halftone patterns until you are satisfied with the fill and quality and that should be that.

running "sky shots" also will empty the hopper/lines faster... hopefully it hasn't screwed the dev unit up yet.

tsbservice
04-03-2019, 09:53 PM
If they did it today i will not bother much.
There is a good chance the two K toners compounds are the same.
Put the right toner in, after some time machine will display about right level.

blackcat4866
04-03-2019, 10:48 PM
If they did it today i will not bother much.
There is a good chance the two K toners compounds are the same.
Put the right toner in, after some time machine will display about right level.

I'll agree with tbsservice. I doubt that the actual toner formulation is any different, just a different container, or quantity, or cartridge tabs. As long as they didn't break the hopper or holder, just swap in the correct cartridge and check copy quality. I doubt that you'll have any resulting black developing issue.

Now you never know what the images looked like BEFORE the customer had their attack of genius. =^..^=

Toxic
04-03-2019, 11:23 PM
Thanks to all for suggestions.
I think also this toners are probably the same formula.
Today i put original toner and check tomorow how it looks like about low toner warning.
It surprised me that machine did not complain about different toner chip detected but that could be one more reason to think they are the same thing.
After all if some problem appear developing unit is little bit expensive than toner.
And ,forgot to mention,"genius" who broke tabs and force bottle in, is "techician" for everything there and his primary profession is plumber :D
I did not met him today but if i see him i must say "good job dude". ;)

rrrohan
04-04-2019, 01:49 AM
Pretty sure there is software switch on 8 series to force toner level back to full. Id have to find it for you as dont rememver it

kingarthur
04-04-2019, 08:29 AM
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Call the Enhanced Security to the screen. (Stop -> 0 (Zero) -> C (Clear)
3. Touch [Engine FW DipSW].
This is displayed only when Switch No. "59" is set to "01" in HEX Assignment in [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Software Switch Setting].
4. The switch highlighted corresponds to the colour to be reset is highlighted (ON state).
31: Y 32: M 33: C 34: K

(Note this does not mean there is 100% physically in the toner cartridge, however when it runs out of toner the hopper will correctly detect when the toner is empty).
5. Touch [END].
6. Turn OFF and ON the main power switch.

This works for the C368, depending on FW version

copier tech
10-29-2020, 05:42 PM
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Call the Enhanced Security to the screen. (Stop -> 0 (Zero) -> C (Clear)
3. Touch [Engine FW DipSW].
This is displayed only when Switch No. "59" is set to "01" in HEX Assignment in [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Software Switch Setting].
4. The switch highlighted corresponds to the colour to be reset is highlighted (ON state).
31: Y 32: M 33: C 34: K

(Note this does not mean there is 100% physically in the toner cartridge, however when it runs out of toner the hopper will correctly detect when the toner is empty).
5. Touch [END].
6. Turn OFF and ON the main power switch.

This works for the C368, depending on FW version

I tried this on a 4 series today, I removed a compatible K toner to fit genuine & wanted to reset the counter.

So I set SW59 to HEX 01 this enabled the Engine DipSW however there was no SW higher than 25 if I remember.

Is the K SW not 34 on the 4 series?

tsbservice
10-29-2020, 06:13 PM
I tried this on a 4 series today, I removed a compatible K toner to fit genuine & wanted to reset the counter.

So I set SW59 to HEX 01 this enabled the Engine DipSW however there was no SW higher than 25 if I remember.

Is the K SW not 34 on the 4 series?

This is wrong thread besides I don't think 8 series codes will work on 4e series. Just do what Synthohol mentioned and it will work.

allan
10-29-2020, 07:35 PM
TN216/319/321/512/514/613/712/912 black all the same...
If you are in a bind TN414 will work but will not replenish developer.

Don't complain about the digital gauge if you cheat.

Custom Search