PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C353 backgrounding

Custom Search

aAandy
04-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Hello Gentlemen and Gentlemen (if there are any ladies present, i apologize)

was called to this machine today with multicolored background (all colors), no problems printing mono, no error codes, no P codes

removed laser units & blank lamps & cleaned, replaced M imaging unit with a brand new one, no change to the M part of the equation - ITB looks near new and ITB cleaning unit is working well, also cleaned ITB sensors & performed stabilization (clear data) and all gradations

changing 'background voltage' in service mode reduced but did not eliminate the problem - the attachment has the background voltage at max(or is that min) so you can actually see the problem

anyone seen this before got any eye deers? any help would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

copier tech
04-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Hello Gentlemen and Gentlemen (if there are any ladies present, i apologize)

was called to this machine today with multicolored background (all colors), no problems printing mono, no error codes, no P codes

removed laser units & blank lamps & cleaned, replaced M imaging unit with a brand new one, no change to the M part of the equation - ITB looks near new and ITB cleaning unit is working well, also cleaned ITB sensors & performed stabilization (clear data) and all gradations

changing 'background voltage' in service mode reduced but did not eliminate the problem - the attachment has the background voltage at max(or is that min) so you can actually see the problem

anyone seen this before got any eye deers? any help would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

What is the life of the transfer belt on?

aAandy
04-05-2019, 08:19 AM
What is the life of the transfer belt on?

to be honest i don't recall checking, when i see an ITB in such good condition i guess i don't look - besides, an ITB cannot transfer what isn't there - right?

where are you going with this train of thought? i should have done a stop test to see if the background was on the drums,,,, but i was pressed for time

two things are bothering me about the attachment,, the lines through the background, and the size/length of them - should be ringing bells,, but the bells are silent

allan
04-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Had it many times were its otherwise the HV cable or the laser ribbon cables that cause all kinds of weird stuff on these models.
Or one of the IU's that arcs. Good old trouble shooting.

copier tech
04-06-2019, 02:37 PM
to be honest i don't recall checking, when i see an ITB in such good condition i guess i don't look - besides, an ITB cannot transfer what isn't there - right?

where are you going with this train of thought? i should have done a stop test to see if the background was on the drums,,,, but i was pressed for time

two things are bothering me about the attachment,, the lines through the background, and the size/length of them - should be ringing bells,, but the bells are silent

You dont recall checking the transfer life? This is basic trouble shooting these counters are there to help you. A visual check is not always enough.

copier addict
04-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Is that cross hatch pattern on the original, or was it added when you scanned the document?

tsbservice
04-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Try to block(temporarily) one of PH windows by tape. If background of that color disappears your PH unit may be faulty.

aAandy
04-09-2019, 12:14 AM
Is that cross hatch pattern on the original, or was it added when you scanned the document?

it is on the original

Custom Search