PDA

View Full Version : C368 Scan/Fax screen Direct input has nothing to choose.

Custom Search

copytechman
04-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Firmware Ver W4, looking for direction here, I have looked through a bunch of admin and custom display settings but cant seem to find where to turn on or off what choices/functions are available via the direct input function under the scan/fax button... Short of doing an all clear in service mode does anyone have any idea where to look? It would appear that I'm blind lol.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Regards!

A.

Updated: Checked software sw settings in service mode as well , did not locate anything.

Updated: I was able to find a way to turn on/off the direct input tab on the scan/fax screen but not how toggle the individual functions underneath of it..

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[Security Settings]

[Security Details]

[Manual Destination Input]

copier addict
04-05-2019, 09:14 PM
Administrator setting- network- email- smtp- make sure scan to email is on.
Administrator- network- SMP setting- client- SMP TX on

copytechman
04-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Administrator setting- network- email- smtp- make sure scan to email is on.
Administrator- network- SMP setting- client- SMP TX on

Those are both turned on. Scan to email is functional via one touch on op panel in scan/fax mode.

Regards!
A.

copier addict
04-05-2019, 09:45 PM
Does the machine have authentication turned on? If so try this.

Problem
The scan to email Tab does not show using the Direct Input screen with User Authentication and Public User Access enabled. The Fax Tab is the only option available.

Solution
CAUSE: User Authentication setting for Authorize Folder is set to "Limit".

SOLUTION: To set the Authorize Folder to "Do not Limit", perform the following.
1. Enter the Administrator Mode.
2. Press User Authentication/Account track.
3. Press the option for page 2/2.
4. Press the Scan to Authorized folder.
5. Select the option for “Do not Limit”

blackcat4866
04-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Is the HDD Set or UnSet? Several functions disappear when the HDD is UnSet, including Fax, Scanning, and User Boxes. Is there a message on the screen saying: "Animation Data is not available." or something like that?

If the HDD is UnSet, when you Set it the HDD will format, and you'll have to reload Movie Data. =^..^=

copytechman
04-08-2019, 04:04 AM
Does the machine have authentication turned on? If so try this.

Problem
The scan to email Tab does not show using the Direct Input screen with User Authentication and Public User Access enabled. The Fax Tab is the only option available.

Solution
CAUSE: User Authentication setting for Authorize Folder is set to "Limit".

SOLUTION: To set the Authorize Folder to "Do not Limit", perform the following.
1. Enter the Administrator Mode.
2. Press User Authentication/Account track.
3. Press the option for page 2/2.
4. Press the Scan to Authorized folder.
5. Select the option for “Do not Limit”

Nope, no authentication, all turned off, the machine in its prior home had account track on, but that has since been turned off. I suspect that the IT person found a way to turn off the buttons under direct input, but I have yet to find a way to turn them back on. I may just resort to an initialize all clear to sort this but was hoping to avoid that kind of reset if possible.

Regards!

A.

copytechman
04-08-2019, 04:11 AM
Is the HDD Set or UnSet? Several functions disappear when the HDD is UnSet, including Fax, Scanning, and User Boxes. Is there a message on the screen saying: "Animation Data is not available." or something like that?

If the HDD is UnSet, when you Set it the HDD will format, and you'll have to reload Movie Data. =^..^=

Hdd is on. No errors indicated, just no choices listed under direct input, (as opposed to the direct input button not even being there). See my post above, the machine did have account track on (password only) and nothing other fancy programmed as best I can recall). I again suspect thier IT person found a way to turn off the specific "input choices" but I haven't found it yet. Pressing direct input gives you 0 choices, the tab works, but theres nothing under it.

A memory all clear may revert it but was hoping to avoid doing that.

Regards.
A.

tsbservice
04-08-2019, 05:09 AM
Firmware Ver W4, looking for direction here, I have looked through a bunch of admin and custom display settings but cant seem to find where to turn on or off what choices/functions are available via the direct input function under the scan/fax button... Short of doing an all clear in service mode does anyone have any idea where to look? It would appear that I'm blind lol.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Regards!

A.

Updated: Checked software sw settings in service mode as well , did not locate anything.

Updated: I was able to find a way to turn on/off the direct input tab on the scan/fax screen but not how toggle the individual functions underneath of it..

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[Security Settings]

[Security Details]

[Manual Destination Input]

[Allow All] Allows the direct input of destinations.

[Individual Allowance] Select whether to allow direct input for each function.

[Restrict] Prohibits the direct input of destinations. Hides [Direct Input] in the main screen.

copytechman
04-08-2019, 02:02 PM
[Allow All] Allows the direct input of destinations.

[Individual Allowance] Select whether to allow direct input for each function.

[Restrict] Prohibits the direct input of destinations. Hides [Direct Input] in the main screen.

Correct, it's set for allow all. However no choices at all show under the direct input tab when selected.

Regards.

A.

B0265
04-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Check the Custom Display Settings > Custom Function Pattern Selection, it might be that someone have created a custom pattern.

copytechman
04-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Check the Custom Display Settings > Custom Function Pattern Selection, it might be that someone have created a custom pattern.

Thanks for that, only 2 choices per custom function pattern, full and basic, I don't see a way to change and and all direct input features are "on" with both .

Did I miss something, and where would you actually customize that?

Regards.

A.

Further investigate shows that to create a custom pattern requires a tech to upload a pattern and enable it in service mode first.. Nope I don't see this particular IT person going to all that trouble..

Any other ideas?

Regards!
A.

copytechman
04-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Updated: Did the memory all clear. That brought all of the direct input buttons back. Still don't know why they were missing tho.

Regards!

A.

Custom Search