PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous konica minolta bizhub 754 ghost image

Custom Search

amitlama_78
04-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Hi guys
I have this machine km754 which prints ghost image.
First copy is ok when i do multiple copies the first copy comes fine but from the second copy on the upper side i get the fade ghost image of the first copy.
I could not figure out the problem.
Would appreciate if someone could help me out.

Im also missing the .mov file for the said machine if anyone would like to share please do share on my email id ie Amitlama_78@yahoo.com
regards

Amit

Phil B.
04-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Hi guys
First copy is ok when i do multiple copies the first copy comes fine but from the second copy on the upper side i get the fade ghost image of the first copy. I could not figure out the problem.
Im also missing the .mov file for the said machine if anyone would like to share please do share on my email id ie Amitlama_78@yahoo.com
regards Amit

Well.... just off the top of my head having NO REAL information provided...

replace drum and or fuser

or if you'd care to provide:

Total pages on machine...
Pages left on supplies..drums/fuser/belt/transfer
what has been done
PMs done on time
Cert'd tech doing the work
do you have SM

qbert69
04-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Hi guys
First copy is ok when i do multiple copies the first copy comes fine but from the second copy on the upper side i get the fade ghost image of the first copy.
I could not figure out the problem.

regards

Amit...but....BUT...LLAMA WANTS FILEZ!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Llama Spits GIF - Llama Spits Kid - Discover & Share GIFs (https://tenor.com/xnms.gif)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

tsbservice
04-07-2019, 10:09 AM
Just measure the distance between repeated/ghost images and post it.
Most likely your fuser unit needs rebuild/change.

amitlama_78
04-07-2019, 11:08 AM
i HAVE JUST ATTACHED THE FILE PLEASE TO HAVE LOOK

Synthohol
04-07-2019, 12:47 PM
does not line up and the font of the shadow appears smaller.
did you print that lef or sef?

amitlama_78
04-07-2019, 12:54 PM
No the font is same....
Have printed as landscape (left)

Synthohol
04-07-2019, 02:00 PM
landscape left is not an good description.
when the paper exits the machine does it come out short edge first or long edge first.
portrait and landscape describe the orientation of the image.
the image shown is portrait.

tsbservice
04-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Interesting image, looks like ghost image is reduced at about 80-90%.
May be either drum discharging(memory) or fuser related, but reduced size and shifted position are puzzling.

amitlama_78
04-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Images comes on long edge first

qbert69
04-07-2019, 03:31 PM
i HAVE JUST ATTACHED THE FILE PLEASE TO HAVE LOOKLOOK AT THE "g" IN THE WORD "Augmented"!!! NOT EVEN THE SAME TYPEFACE/FONT!!![emoji15][emoji33][emoji2962]

blackcat4866
04-07-2019, 03:37 PM
does not line up and the font of the shadow appears smaller.
did you print that lef or sef?

Interesting image, looks like ghost image is reduced at about 80-90%.
May be either drum discharging(memory) or fuser related, but reduced size and shifted position are puzzling.

My thoughts exactly.

First: you probably have a bizhub 754e, not a 754.

Second: The shadow image is shifted both in the main scan and subscan directions, which in itself is unlikely. Usually it's ghosting in the sub scan, very rarely in the main scan direction.

Third: I'm still unclear: What direction was this printed? SEF (short edge feed) = LTR-R or A4R, or LEF (long edge feed) = LTR or A4. Portrait or landscape descriptions are meaningless as to paper orientation.

Fourth: Yes the ghost image is a smaller font than the image above it. Could the ghost image be coming from a similarly imaged page before it?

If you'd like a better analysis please attach the full sized PDF scan and answer some questions. =^..^=

Synthohol
04-07-2019, 04:49 PM
ive seen this kind of thing before, there is likely a layer of the (previous) header under the current header layer and when the pdf was flattened it bled through.
try another program to print from, i use foxit reader as adobe will have these kinds of issues.

copyman
04-07-2019, 04:58 PM
No need to over analyze, very simple. It's either fuser, drum or transfer belt. This is perhaps one of the easiest issues to troubleshoot, stopping paper mid-cycle, etc. If you are a tech look at the 3 things I mention if not call a tech!

Synthohol
04-07-2019, 05:02 PM
copyman, the font is different in the shadow. if it was a drum belt or fuser the shadow would be exactly the same and lined up with the image it pulled it from off a roller.

copyman
04-07-2019, 08:33 PM
I didn't look at the sample until after. Even after seeing sample I can't trust it wasn't run through ADF with other originals and ghosting from a different original.

As i have posted here before, This is what I mean about never providing enough info to make it easy to help. How hard is it to run the internal test pages, in this case the font list since it don't happen on first page in 11x8.5 direction (portrait).

Regardless of what is causing the ghosting it should be one of the easiest issues to solve.

allan
04-07-2019, 08:45 PM
My guess is the developer is over run and the fuser too.
Blades on these would probably smear and make lines instead of a clear image.

amitlama_78
04-08-2019, 06:22 AM
The file was printed on LEF (long edge feed) = A4

qbert69
04-08-2019, 06:27 AM

What page was printed prior to the page with the defect???[emoji848]

allan
04-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Reduce the density and up the fuser temp by +5 to check what happens.

qbert69
04-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Additionally, is it using OEM toner?...if not, sometimes non OEM toner requires boosted fuser temperature to get it to bond with the paper properly!!![emoji6]

Custom Search