PDA

View Full Version : Error Code MF222Plus / Bizhub C224e HDD enquiry (C-FA14)

Custom Search

Slammers
04-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Got a call out today to a C224e with C-FA14, appears to be dead HDD. Machine boots no problems with HDD disabled and SSD Checks all test OK.

I have a spare HDD that came out of a de-commissioned unit however I want to perform a full disk check using my PC before putting it into the machine.

When checking in Windows through Disk Management the drive shows up as non standard partition and I will have to format the drive before I can check it.

So, my question is:

Can I format this drive as NTFS using standard parameters on my PC, run a disk check to make sure there are no issues with the drive then install it into the copier.

Will the machine recognise the drive in this format and be able to format and encrypt?

Synthohol
04-08-2019, 10:09 PM
red flags across the field!!

honestly, let the copier format and check it.
its not a windows file system.
best you can do at a PC is if after checking the HDD, remove the partition(s) and create a single partition on it but no format, the copier does it in linux i believe. just do a logical format in service mode, there are 5 or 6 partitions that have to be initiated by the copier. you will need movie data when you are done.

rrrohan
04-09-2019, 03:28 PM
I've put in HDD from a PC. No problem it just says it needs to format and you let it. Your over complicating it

Slammers
04-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Ok, I have resolved this. Thank you for your input.

I took 2 drives with me in the end. My mystery box drive that I had formatted to NTFS using my PC then performed a disk check. This drive passed all tests, no weird noises and a relatively low spin time. I also took a drive from a test machine in my workshop, same model etc and did not plug into pc or anything.

To satisfy my curiosity I tried the drive I had formatted to NTFS and followed the following procedure:

(NOTE, HDD was already disabled at my last visit to remove the C code.)

Swapped Drive
Booted copier
System 2 -> HDD Enable
State Confirmation -> HDD/SSD -> HDD Physical Format
Format reported OK -> Rebooted copier

Error Mismatch encryption key (as expected)

State Confirmation - > HDD/SSD -> HDD Logical Format
Format reported OK - > Rebooted Copier
Loaded Movie Data
Full self test - All Pass

Conclusion is that putting a NTFS Formatted HDD into one of these machines gave me no issues and all steps followed what was expected in the service manual.

Thank you

Custom Search