PDA

View Full Version : KM3035 with "shadow: after changing drum, fuser + transfer unit

Custom Search

axyun
04-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Changed drum unit + fuser unit + transfer unit on KM3035 which were items I had. Previously print was a

a little light one area due to drum unit. This was yesterday. Customer called this afternoon saying there

was a shadow on pages. I reset the maintenance count on machine. The developer unit had been changed

6 months ago . Customer does not do significant volume. Count is 82K.

Please advise if I was supposed to do something I may have missed. Had cleaned optics and quality seemed

excellent when I left yesterday morning. Frank

blackcat4866
04-11-2019, 11:52 PM
I'm assuming that you ran U130 or there would not be any toner in the developing unit (blank prints).

Is it OEM toner? Aftermarket toner has a much higher incidence of mottling.

It's not uncommon to get some mottling on the developing cylinder during the process of filling the developing unit. Usually I just dry-wipe any mottling/lumps from the developing roller surface when U130 is finished, and rotate through until your brush is smooth.

An image quality sample might be helpful. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
04-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Generic toner may not be melting properly and getting stuck on heat roller, thereby ghosting. Maybe the old fuser played nice. Try going back to it since your main issue was drum.

Santander
04-12-2019, 01:29 AM
Changed drum unit + fuser unit + transfer unit on KM3035 which were items I had. Previously print was a

a little light one area due to drum unit. This was yesterday. Customer called this afternoon saying there

was a shadow on pages. I reset the maintenance count on machine. The developer unit had been changed

6 months ago . Customer does not do significant volume. Count is 82K.

Please advise if I was supposed to do something I may have missed. Had cleaned optics and quality seemed

excellent when I left yesterday morning. Frank

When you say there is a shadow on the print, is it a repeat of the image or a background? As Blackcat said a sample of the image you are getting would be helpful in diagnosing the proboem.

axyun
04-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Thank you for your responses and advice. I did not do a U130 as I did not change developer unit. It was changed 6 months ago. I do not know how the image looks

as I am going by customer description of "shadow: and will go there this morning. I only did a U251. I believe the toner was OEM. I will post again this evening . Frank

axyun
04-13-2019, 02:07 AM
When I checked main charger the grid did looked a bit pushed in with grid in that spot stretched . I swapped the

quality of copies was restored. The customer is using generic toner, though that was not causing the background. Told

customer that quality issues coukd result from continued use of generic toner and that with this latest substantial

cost and investment in machine it woud be wise to order OEM toner , which they did.

blackcat4866
04-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Succeess!

Custom Search