PDA

View Full Version : BZ C3350 random C-E301

Custom Search

JDR
04-15-2019, 07:45 AM
Hi guys,
Anyone of you already met C-E301 on C3350 ?
Service manual doesnt help at all on this.

1 Turn OFF the main power switch, disconnect and then
connect the power cord. Wait for 10 sec. or more after
connect the power cord, and turn ON the main power
switch.
- -
2 If the above actions do not solve the problem, contact
KM.

Main user reports that error comes ramdomly, when he prints or even scan or even in idle.
MFPB ?

tsbservice
04-15-2019, 08:25 AM
Check memory module and Update Firmware.

JDR
04-15-2019, 08:39 AM
firmware is already updated.
memory is integrated to mfpb...

rrrohan
04-15-2019, 09:25 AM
isnt E301 in regards to HDD?

JDR
04-15-2019, 01:28 PM
isnt E301 in regards to HDD?

dunno, HDD errors are like C-D0XX on Konica.
It could be, thats why i'm asking for feedbacks =)

Albonline
04-15-2019, 01:47 PM
dunno, HDD errors are like C-D0XX on Konica.
It could be, thats why i'm asking for feedbacks =)

from the 3351 service manual CE301 Referring incorrect memory, looks like your mfp.

copyrooks
04-15-2019, 05:22 PM
KM Knowledge base recommends the following:

1.Update Firmware

2.Turn OFF Power Save Mode Settings and Non-Business Hour :
Utility > Administrator Settings > System Settings > Weekly Timer > Password for Non-Business Hours.
Utility > Administrator Settings > System Settings > Enable Settings > Power Save Mode Setting.

3. Start to disconnect all peripherals: Network, Fax cables and HDD.
If code will clear, start to connect all peripheral back one at the time to determine which one causing the code to occur.
1. If it appears network cable is what triggers the code perform machine initialization while network cable is disconnected: Admin settings>Security settings>Security details>Initialize>Restore Network.
2. If it appears Fax cable is what triggers the code perform Fax File Format: Service mode>Fax settings.
3. If it appears HDD is what triggers the code format HDD: Hold sub power button down on boot up>Press Menu to continue entering CE password>Touch HDD Format.
Note: HDD format will wipe of all address book one touches, Initialization will wipe of network settings.
Backup HDD from page scope: under system tab select import/export.
Print configuration page to backup the network settings.

4. Replace MFPB

Good luck

CompyTech
04-15-2019, 09:24 PM
Have one with that exact issue. Replaced HDD and MFPB and redid the firmware, nothing really worked. I think it maybe something with network data but I don't know for sure.

JDR
04-16-2019, 07:51 AM
Thanks for all your answers guys =).
I keep hope someone has already fix that.

Have one with that exact issue. Replaced HDD and MFPB and redid the firmware, nothing really worked. I think it maybe something with network data but I don't know for sure.

So what did you do to fix ?

Bix
04-16-2019, 10:21 AM

It happened to me because of wrong drivers.

The customer used drivers from another brand on Konica Minolta. Once the drivers have been replaced with the correct ones, the problem has not occurred.

I also suggest a reset of the errors:
1. turn off machine and wait 10 seconds.
2. You hold the reset button when you turn on the main switch.
3. You perform trouble reset.
4. Turn off and on again.

CompyTech
04-16-2019, 02:18 PM
So what did you do to fix ?

Looking back at my notes I replaced the HDD, they have not called back about it. That was nearly 4 months ago. It never happened enough to really worry about, just a minor annoyance to the customer having to reboot the machine randomly.

CompyTech
04-19-2019, 04:34 PM
Looking back at my notes I replaced the HDD, they have not called back about it. That was nearly 4 months ago. It never happened enough to really worry about, just a minor annoyance to the customer having to reboot the machine randomly.

Update...

They just called about it.. I still suspect network or some corrupted print data is the cause, but I don't know. The company is currently working to get them into a different machine since the contract is coming up soon.

Oystercopy
04-24-2019, 02:18 AM
I would simply reformat the HDD... that fixes many bugs on these machines for me. You may also have an SSD issue as well, because there's been quite a few failures of those things as well, across the smaller KM line...
OC

Downunder
07-02-2019, 03:00 AM
once firmware has been update we usually find its due to the types of files that the customer are printing. To test we turn machine off disconnect network cable and turn machine back on. the code usually disappears. We then reconnect network cable and usually if the job is still in the que the fault comes back. Some of the clients are expecting these little machines to perform like the bigger machine. Wanting champagne at beer prices.

CompyTech
07-08-2019, 09:07 PM
once firmware has been update we usually find its due to the types of files that the customer are printing. To test we turn machine off disconnect network cable and turn machine back on. the code usually disappears. We then reconnect network cable and usually if the job is still in the que the fault comes back. Some of the clients are expecting these little machines to perform like the bigger machine. Wanting champagne at beer prices.

Agreed.

Actually installed the expansion memory into the empty RAM slot recently and waiting to see if this will actually help the machine process data better.

copyrooks
07-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Agreed.

Actually installed the expansion memory into the empty RAM slot recently and waiting to see if this will actually help the machine process data better.

I hope you don't get frozen copiers from installing the expansion memory. I had to remove the expansion memory of multiple c3350s, c3351s, c3851fs models due to frozen copiers, after Konica recommended replacing expansion memory, HDD,MFPB and the issue was not resolved we ended up taking off the extra memory and no callbacks since. We are lucky none of our customers use or even know anything about i-option.

POPEYE
07-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Have 2 C3350 had same problem,it fixed after replaced SSD

Sysco
07-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Get back to network speed or change from Auto to 100 full or half duplex.

DK-tech
07-13-2021, 08:07 AM
I have a C3350 that sometimes says "Service Call!" on the screen but no error code. I just formattet HDD, set network to 100 full duplex and ordered SSD. Will update when I know results. :)

Custom Search