PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 808 with LU-303: J1501 ... then J17-20

Custom Search

blackcat4866
04-18-2019, 01:41 AM
OK, so go ahead and laugh.

I found the LU-303 external LCF with three pages somehow crammed in the outlet. Per the management list, the jams had been J15-01 jams.

So I clear the jams, and the LU-303 won't pass a single page, all 17-20 jams. The paper is always flush at the exit. The rollers had 140K, so it might have been the rollers ... but was not. I swapped the two motors, which made not difference. There are no clutches. I was at a loss.

During experimentation I accidentally discovered that the LU-303 would feed fine with the gear to the torque limiter removed. I know this sounds odd. Honestly I just wanted to see if I could get a single page to pass. Well it fed 500 pages without a single doublefeed!

Watching the pickup and transport drive, I came to the conclusion that the torque limiter must be too hard to turn ... so the transport roller (even though it was spinning) could not pull the paper free of the separation, so I ordered a torque limiter for the next day.

No ... that didn't help. Since it had been feeding so well without torque limiting, I left off the gear off temporarily and left scratching my head.

Third day I came back, and within 15 minutes found this:

With all that paper initially jammed in the exit, the transport idlers were pressed down ... and the idler shaft rotated so that the roll pin held the idlers away from the upper transport rollers. No pressure at all. There was enough surface friction to advance the paper only if the separation didn't hold it back.

So what I did was press the pin until one end was flush with the shaft and the other stuck out ~4mm. Regardless of what position the shaft is in, the one end of the pin clears, and the other end always stops against the lower guide. I think the idea behind this pin is to prevent the idler shaft from spinning at speed, and possibly screeching.

IMHO the most interesting part of all this is that the LU-303 did not make a single multifeed through this entire encounter. Do you suppose that at 80cpm, the feed speed overcomes any static attraction to the page below it? =^..^=

qbert69
04-18-2019, 01:43 PM

I found the LU-303 external LCF with three pages somehow crammed in the outlet. Per the management list, the jams had been J15-01 jams.

So I clear the jams, and the LU-303 won't pass a single page, all 17-20 jams. The paper is always flush at the exit. The rollers had 140K, so it might have been the rollers ... but was not. I swapped the two motors, which made not difference. There are no clutches. I was at a loss.

During experimentation I accidentally discovered that the LU-303 would feed fine with the gear to the torque limiter removed. I know this sounds odd. Honestly I just wanted to see if I could get a single page to pass. Well it fed 500 pages without a single doublefeed!

Watching the pickup and transport drive, I came to the conclusion that the torque limiter must be too hard to turn ... so the transport roller (even though it was spinning) could not pull the paper free of the separation, so I ordered a torque limiter for the next day.

No ... that didn't help. Since it had been feeding so well without torque limiting, I left off the gear off temporarily and left scratching my head.

With all that paper initially jammed in the exit, the transport idlers were pressed down ... and the idler shaft rotated so that the roll pin held the idlers away from the upper transport rollers. No pressure at all. There was enough surface friction to advance the paper only if the separation didn't hold it back.

So what I did was press the pin until one end was flush with the shaft and the other stuck out ~4mm. Regardless of what position the shaft is in, the one end of the pin clears, and the other end always stops against the lower guide. I think the idea behind this pin is to prevent the idler shaft from spinning at speed, and possibly screeching.

IMHO the most interesting part of all this is that the LU-303 did not make a single multifeed through this entire encounter. Do you suppose that at 80cpm, the feed speed overcomes any static attraction to the page below it? =^..^=Nice Find!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

qbert69
04-18-2019, 01:48 PM

IMHO the most interesting part of all this is that the LU-303 did not make a single multifeed through this entire encounter. Do you suppose that at 80cpm, the feed speed overcomes any static attraction to the page below it? =^..^=Additionally on the 808's I've found loose plastic screws in the lower curve of the duplex causing jams....on 2 machines!!![emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search