PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica c308 print settings

Custom Search

mike10_13
04-18-2019, 04:39 AM
Hello all

Users where having issues scanning to home folder by another tech by making changes in Konica tech mode. However some of the users cannot print. If I reinstalled the printer on there machine they can print. However the driver settings have changed on the computers. Under the general tab in printer properties the two tabs that exist are not preferences and print test page. The tab to change printer properties no longer exists and all the configuration settings are greyed out. I cannot find what setting on the machine that is causing this issue or am I wrong to think the issue is on the machine itself.

Thank you

Phil B.
04-18-2019, 05:57 AM
Hello all

Users where having issues scanning to home folder by another tech by making changes in Konica tech mode. However some of the users cannot print. If I reinstalled the printer on there machine they can print. However the driver settings have changed on the computers. Under the general tab in printer properties the two tabs that exist are not preferences and print test page. The tab to change printer properties no longer exists and all the configuration settings are greyed out. I cannot find what setting on the machine that is causing this issue or am I wrong to think the issue is on the machine itself. Thank you

well hell too much info *sarc*

IF options are greyed out... the IT dept has set 'rights'

WHAT OS? on machines/server
what driver are you using

those that cannot print..
is it on the network?
do they have NIC lights?

are you TRAINED on this model?

ARE YOU A TECH?

Phil B. "The Dentist"

copier tech
04-18-2019, 08:08 AM
Settings greyed out means the driver is installed on the server & shared out to all users.

You could install the driver on each users PC (if they have admin rights)

Most likely the tech updated the firmware & the function level this would cause scanning & printing issues because after doing this the driver will need to be updated.

Set the function level back in CE mode sw 25 contact the tech if need be.

mike10_13
04-18-2019, 04:09 PM
I am not a tech and I am IT department.

Yes they are on the network they can print to the Toshiba Copier. The print jobs are getting to the printer but they are deleted with Log in Error.

They are using windows 10.

Driver being used is 10.1.0 PS .

The tech came out to fix the scan issues on the two Konica copiers we have. However they now have print issues on only one of them since he came out. I could be wrong but suspect a change was made and I do not see the issue in properties so suspect it is the Konica Tech mode I do not have access to unless you guys have a suggestion first.

Thank you

tsbservice
04-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Why you didn't download and install latest drivers?
Yours are not.
Screenshots, please. What is exact error code in Job history?
Your initial explanation isn't even at enduser level, as IT stuff you should be capable of better problem describing. As you have two machines it's fairly easy to compare settings and do some troubleshooting.

copier addict
04-18-2019, 06:06 PM

Yes they are on the network they can print to the Toshiba Copier. The print jobs are getting to the printer but they are deleted with Log in Error.

The tech came out to fix the scan issues on the two Konica copiers we have. However they now have print issues on only one of them since he came out. I could be wrong but suspect a change was made and I do not see the issue in properties so suspect it is the Konica Tech mode I do not have access to unless you guys have a suggestion first.

Thank you

Usually a login error while printing means either "User authentication or Account track" is enabled and not set up in the driver

Phil B.
04-18-2019, 08:51 PM

Thank you

you say you are IT.. then ANY IT person "worth their salt" should have the knowledge to fix this problem... an MORE THAN LIKELY it is your damn network and not the machine...

I have been fighting " IT " for decades... and most... IMHO are friggin' idiots!
y

copier tech
04-19-2019, 10:35 AM

Thank you

Why are you referencing a Toshiba copier thought we are discussing Konica Minolta?
If your issues with the KM started after the tech left call him back.

rrrohan
04-19-2019, 12:16 PM
If it's user authentication make sure in driver this is correct.

Note, username is case sensitive.
If it's auto populating the username from AD it maybe in wrong case.

This is very simple problem

Also don't try print out of Edge. I've had user using this to open PDF docs and obviously it didn't work

Custom Search