PDA

View Full Version : bh 4750

Custom Search

K-3
04-18-2019, 10:24 PM
got called out today on machine customer saying won't print or copy. upon arrival touch panel unresponsive, they have turned off and on to see if will correct, did not. they did say they saw a message on machine about rebooting but did not get me the error code. management list did not show one either. so i unplug network line and reboot copier , comes to ready, all buttons working on touch panel. plug network line back up and copier locks up and will not print either, unplug and buttons work. so i unplug and connect laptop to machine and it prints fine. ok get there network guy involved he says all network lines are new and new updated switches to gigabit speeds( tried different ports on switches to see if any change ) no change. they have another bh 4750 on same network but different area and it has the same problem but gave a error code of 0xB0Bc( E301 referring incorrect memory) now both machines where working yesterday and now both machines are locking up when plug in network lines. so at this same location they have a bh36 networked and this group of computers can print to this one no problem. network guy hooks up a old canon all in one and it prints fine on network line that is locking up bh 4750. both have version 13 firmware and auto detect for network speed, all computers have there own driver installed not through a server and window 10 os. i take a old hp 4350 out to them for there network guy install and brought back one of the bh 4750 to office to run checks. first connect to laptop and it prints, all buttons work, next setup ip to our network and connect up and all buttons working and can print through our network, our network is not as extensive as there is though. did check at customer location to see if there was a stuck print job in a computer print que, no jobs stuck and was able to ping copier when network line was connected. so i am hoping the hp acts up on the network to convince their it person that there is something wrong on their side. has anyone had something like this happen to them and what was the fix or can recommend a course of action i can take going forward.
Thanks for any help.

tech51
04-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Have you tried fixing the network speed on the machine? I’ve had a few problems in the past with 1ghz network switches not negotiating speed correctly and locking/freezing the machine.
Try either 1ghz full duplex or 100mbs full duplex.

acusso1234
04-18-2019, 10:50 PM
Usually, inserting a little switch between the printer and the network helps.
Done that in a similar situation years ago. A C224e won't print or scan intermittently.
After firmware and driver the switch made the trick. Good luck

blackcat4866
04-18-2019, 11:15 PM
I suspect the printer is getting some sort of not-print data. The easy diagnosis is to change the IP of the printer to another open IP. Change one of the local drivers and see if it still works. Change another one of the local drivers and check to see if is works. Etc.

Most likely you'll change all the known drivers and it will still work. The unknown driver (or whatever is sending to the old IP) will probably remain unknown. =^..^=

One of my fellow techs had a similar situation this week. Whenever a specific PC was booted up the Kyocera KM-3551 printed off three pages/lines of code including the text "Kip UnAttend File ...". Somewhere on that PC there must be the remnants of a Kip print driver, but it was not visible from the Devices and Printers screen.

tsbservice
04-19-2019, 10:49 AM
I had something similar with bizhub 4050. E301 and E304 codes and machine freezing intermittently.
In my case I did FW update, which seems to resolve problem, but it was old version yours is latest.
Good advice for hard setting network speed, not Auto as I also experienced problems in the past when machine keeps failing network negotiation when set to Auto.

K-3
04-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Thanks for info. will try suggestion. machines were at 100 mbs and change to auto. did this after they moved one and ran new lines and switches to get the ping speed up. it is weird that it is only affecting the 4750's and not other machines, as both 4750 went down at roughly the same time with same problem affecting both of them. the one i brought back to the office for testing has been working since i connected up to our network.

tsbservice
04-19-2019, 03:23 PM
As I believe they are rebadged Lexmark's, and from my limited experience with them Lexmark seems to be prone to some wird network, memory and print engine errors like 9xx.

copyrooks
04-19-2019, 04:34 PM
See if maybe there is an IP Address conflict. I had an annoying call where a a contractor for cameras forgot to scan for IP addresses and took our copiers IP Address.

K-3
04-19-2019, 04:37 PM
i did it would ping successful when line was connected and no reply when disconnected.

and
04-24-2019, 04:40 PM
I have a client with 2 bh4050 with the same problem. Mfp and touchscreen freezed untile i remove network cable, after the MFP print all have memorized. If you reconnect network cable Mfp and touchscreen re-freeze.
The client have also other bh series 8 without problem.

K-3
04-24-2019, 07:18 PM
update:
on one of the 4750 changed network speed to 1000 full and appears to be working yet. still monitoring it. on the other 2 took one back to office, tested as before and it prints with no lock up, but this time i did a network restore, took back to customer and re-installed with using a 10/100 switch and set to dhcp so it can find network info. and set to 1ooo full speed, tested new ip and it printed. set to static ip and it printed, also scan to email wasn't working so we believe we got that working too, now monitoring that unit to see if it will last or cause a lock up again as their it person wanted it off the switch ( 10/100) and back to where it was before. left switch to test later if act up. on the other unit it had a fault screen pop up with a big ! point and said to reboot unit by turning off / on main power, never seen this before, but it did throw a service code of E301 so probably going to restore network on that next if happens again. all 3 have current firmware and drivers and is only affecting these 4750's. the bh 36 and C3851FS are not being affected. this started to happen more when they began updating and upgrading the computers and switches and running new cables with it locking up and freezing display. it seems that maybe the 4750's don't like the gigabit network they are putting in as it appears that the units are having trouble reacquiring network info. if lose it.

K-3
04-26-2019, 07:23 PM
new update:
after checking for further info. came across to turn off ipv6 and other network settings not be used and it appears it may have work, but still monitoring machines to see how they do.
Thanks for the help.

Custom Search