PDA

View Full Version : Integrating KFS with third party Management software (E-Automate, specifically)

Custom Search

Xer0615
04-19-2019, 01:11 PM
I was recently hired in to a small, locally owned Copystar dealer. It's a wonderful position in an excellent company, a job I really love. We staff about 18 people including the janitorial staff, sales team and officeworkers, and the CEO/VP. I personally was hired to handle primarily IT-related issues, but am slowly training to shoulder some of the burden as a true copier technician.

We use the software called E-Automate/Remote Tech to manage our fleet (which includes mostly Kyocera and Konica/Muratec-- Some OKI and duplo, but they are slowly being weeded out.) We recently started having issues with certain individuals not doing/claiming not knowing HOW to perform some specific duties when it comes to recordkeeping/mgmt via E-Automate, so the company has decided to drop a couple grand on training directly from ECI. Next Tuesday the representative will be showing up at our shop to train everyone on the various aspects of the software BUT she has informed the service manager that she is not qualified to train on KFS integration.

So here comes the actual reason for my posting: I was wondering if anyone had any expertise on the subject of fleet-management integration.

I'm hoping someone here may have information on how the integration is performed, what it entails. Even just links to resources explaining the procedure/benefits/pitfalls. I have attempted googling the information myself but to no avail. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please note: Suggesting we switch software is not going to be a sufficient solution. As the new guy, while my input on certain subjects may be valued, something of that magnitude is beyond my scope, and frankly would require a pretty outstanding rationale to warrant spending money not only acquiring new licenses but spending time performing migration.

Anyway I would greatly appreciate any input! Thanks in advance.

darry1322
04-19-2019, 01:29 PM
You may want to post this over in the Kyocera section.

bsm2
04-19-2019, 01:34 PM
https://ca.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com/content/dam/kdc/kdag/media-library/public-sites/services/KFS-Customer-Security-White-Paper_FNL_3-9-17.pdf

You may want to look at print tracker a 3rd party meter software to get meter reads it works with all brands copiers and interfaces with e-auto

Xer0615
04-19-2019, 01:58 PM
You may want to post this over in the Kyocera section.

sorry I thought I had. Can a mod move the post? or should I just post it over there myself?

https://ca.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com/content/dam/kdc/kdag/media-library/public-sites/services/KFS-Customer-Security-White-Paper_FNL_3-9-17.pdf

You may want to look at print tracker a 3rd party meter software to get meter reads it works with all brands copiers and interfaces with e-auto

tldr?

Please note: Suggesting we switch software is not going to be a sufficient solution. As the new guy, while my input on certain subjects may be valued, something of that magnitude is beyond my scope, and frankly would require a pretty outstanding rationale to warrant spending money not only acquiring new licenses but spending time performing migration.

Custom Search