PDA

View Full Version : Error Code c6102 454e

Custom Search

Sharptech56
04-23-2019, 12:19 AM
Hi All
I have a 454e with a c-6102 error code the scanner once in home position just shakes until it codes out. If I take it out of home it slowly returns and starts shaking like it is ignoring the home position sensor and trying to continue moving in that direction. I have replaced the home position sensor twice and tested it ,replaced the scanner motor,the scanner pwb and the prcb pwb as suggested in the service manual. I am going to replace the mfp board next but I would like to know if anyone else has seen this problem,
thanks

allan
04-23-2019, 12:53 AM
So you checked page 14 <home sensor> under <sensor check> in <state confirmation> and that works?

blackcat4866
04-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Tell me how similar this sounds:

I had a bizhub 808 that gave gray copies through the DF (because the scanner stopped 10mm from it's usual slide read position), and 35mm late image registration when copying off of the glass ... intermittently. Often just turning it Off/On cleared the problem.

I changed the scanner home position sensor, scanner motor, scanner control board, PRCB, and CCD ... with no change. When this machine got into the office our in-shop tech changed the 2nd new CCD, which seemed to solve this problem.

I absolutely do not get the logic here. Does this sound familiar? =^..^=

allan
04-23-2019, 01:08 AM
Tell me how similar this sounds:

I had a bizhub 808 that gave gray copies through the DF (because the scanner stopped 10mm from it's usual slide read position), and 35mm late image registration when copying off of the glass ... intermittently. Often just turning it Off/On cleared the problem.

I changed the scanner home position sensor, scanner motor, scanner control board, PRCB, and CCD ... with no change. When this machine got into the office our in-shop tech changed the 2nd new CCD, which seemed to solve this problem.

I absolutely do not get the logic here. Does this sound familiar? =^..^=

There is this thing called the <home sensor opposite board> description reads <document reading glass cleaning sensor> and that is suppose to be in the scanner cavity according to the manual.
Part manual only shows the home sensor and two other paper size senors. What are they referring to? Something in the CCD assy?

blackcat4866
04-23-2019, 01:15 AM
I've never seen that sensor. The description sounds like the photointerrupter that tracks the movement of the white reference 1/2 round roller with the brush on the opposite side.

I've seen white reference errors connected to the incorrect positioning of the white reference, but the scanner was always in the right position. =^..^=

Sharptech56
04-23-2019, 01:21 AM
When the problem first occurred I followed the procedure in the service manual check home position sensor in service mode, state confirmation ( actually replaced it twice ) also replaced scan motor, scan pwb ,and prcb pwb
the whole mirror assembly just shakes in home position back and forth rapidly a couple millimeters at a time before it codes out

allan
04-23-2019, 01:33 AM
I've never seen that sensor. The description sounds like the photointerrupter that tracks the movement of the white reference 1/2 round roller with the brush on the opposite side.

I've seen white reference errors connected to the incorrect positioning of the white reference, but the scanner was always in the right position. =^..^=

Traced my confusion back to a mistake in the manual. Sensors check describes that sensor as PS9 and is seems like it should actually be PS3.
PS9 is the DF original lenght sensor and PS3 the cleaner home sensor.

Promise not to sidetrack this tread any further;).

allan
04-23-2019, 01:46 AM
When the problem first occurred I followed the procedure in the service manual check home position sensor in service mode, state confirmation ( actually replaced it twice ) also replaced scan motor, scan pwb ,and prcb pwb
the whole mirror assembly just shakes in home position back and forth rapidly a couple millimeters at a time before it codes out

Seen this exact thing happen on the B36/42 machines but that is caused by a faulty ribbon cable.
Before changing the MFPB I would do a point to point conduction test on the harnesses and check the voltages as per the wiring diagram.
Did you get a functional response from the sensor check?

tsbservice
04-23-2019, 07:34 AM
There was a thread somewhere at CTN about scaner drive gear/pulley loosing grip due set screw too short. May worth check.

Sharptech56
04-23-2019, 11:56 AM
This machine was working fine for 67000 copies before problem occurred and I checked the set screw on the pulley and motor
It might have something to do with shading maybe

allan
04-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Did your sensor check indicate the the home senors is functional? Did it change state if you block and unblock the photo interrupter?
Voltage on the scanner drive board all there? Wiring verified to be good?

Sharptech56
04-24-2019, 10:37 AM
I replaced the MFPB board and reloaded firmware and so far so good we will see if it is a long term fix

Custom Search