PDA

View Full Version : minolta bizhub c368 custom size issue

Custom Search

gitana1983
04-23-2019, 01:38 AM
Hello everyone,
Quick question, have been trying for a while to print a custom size paper (7x9) on one of the trays of a minolta bizhub c368 since is for a printing place and have a large job on that size that using the bypass is not cost efficient, but no driver will allow me to do so. Is this even possible? If so what are the steps? Have not found anything in the manual. Please help! It will be greatly appreciated any idea. Thanks

Phil B.
04-23-2019, 04:41 AM
Hello everyone,
Quick question, have been trying for a while to print a custom size paper (7x9) on one of the trays of a minolta bizhub c368 since is for a printing place and have a large job on that size that using the bypass is not cost efficient, but no driver will allow me to do so. Is this even possible? If so what are the steps? Have not found anything in the manual. Please help! It will be greatly appreciated any idea. Thanks

what is "large amounts"?

Have you looked into an "Envelope Feeder" for the manual feed tray?

or maybe something like a "Straight Shooter" feeder? I have used them on OKI 911 - e941... Super easy setup .. sturdy ... fast... simple... greta support!

Straight Shooter Equipment Company (https://www.feedstraight.com/)

rrrohan
04-23-2019, 04:41 AM
Hello everyone,

when you say not cost effective to use bypass tray are you referring to the fact it cant hold much paper?

as far as i know the only option would to just load letter size paper in one of the larger trays and guillotine it after printing.

The only tray you can set custom size is the bypass tray.

Phil B.
04-23-2019, 04:44 AM
Hello everyone,

ok 7x9"

shiny stock?

what gsm?

more info needed.

MOST units have a hard time with heavy stock from ANY tray except MP tray

gitana1983
04-23-2019, 01:01 PM
what is "large amounts"?

Have you looked into an "Envelope Feeder" for the manual feed tray?

or maybe something like a "Straight Shooter" feeder? I have used them on OKI 911 - e941... Super easy setup .. sturdy ... fast... simple... greta support!

Straight Shooter Equipment Company (https://www.feedstraight.com/)

Thanks for your help, large amounts is about 10,000. I have looked into specialty trays like an envelope feeder but I don't find anything similar nor in the brochure or manual. If you know if this has an accessory like that and the part number let me know.

gitana1983
04-23-2019, 01:05 PM
when you say not cost effective to use bypass tray are you referring to the fact it cant hold much paper?

as far as i know the only option would to just load letter size paper in one of the larger trays and guillotine it after printing.

The only tray you can set custom size is the bypass tray.

Hello, thanks for your reply, here are more details. Is a pre-printed, pre-cut flyer and pretty much what needs to be printed on them is a name and address on it, for that reason has to be that specific size and the job is about 10,000 prints, therefore loading the bypass so often takes too much time.

I guess this model doesn't do it, do you know which Minolta will have that type of customization?

gitana1983
04-23-2019, 01:07 PM
ok 7x9"

shiny stock?

what gsm?

more info needed.

MOST units have a hard time with heavy stock from ANY tray except MP tray

Hello, thanks for your help, here are more details. Is a pre-printed, pre-cut flyer, less than 20 lb maybe like 15lb paper weight, size 7X9 and pretty much what needs to be printed on them is a name and address on it, for that reason has to be that specific size and the job is about 10,000 prints, therefore loading the bypass so often takes too much time.

I guess this model doesn't do it, do you know which Minolta will have that type of customization?

B0265
04-23-2019, 01:29 PM
The C368 "refresh model" allows that you load custom size paper in tray 1/2. I suppose you can order a complete "new version" paper tray, you might also need a firmware update.

copier addict
04-23-2019, 01:35 PM
It is quite close to the metric size B5. Can you try that in one of the paper trays? It isn't exact, but it might pass without error.

copier addict
04-23-2019, 01:48 PM
It is quite close to the metric size B5. Can you try that in one of the paper trays? It isn't exact, but it might pass without error.

Never mind. I just tried and it won't work. I was able to pass paper using the 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 setting but it would likely change zoom settings doing that.

blackcat4866
04-23-2019, 03:55 PM

If this was a UK machine you might find a size Small Post Quarto or Imperial (7" x 9").
ISO C5 envelope is 6.38" x 9.02". Maybe you have that?
ISO B5 is 6.93" x 9.84" ... I think it would probably jam if fed SEF due to the 7/8" difference in length, but might work if fed LEF. No ... the minimum paper length is 7 3/16" so that's out.

Pull up a chair, stack the paper at your right hand (most people are right handed), and feed the bypass 150 pages at a time. That's the only way. You'll only have to load the paper 67 times. If you had used the paper tray it would have been 20 times. =^..^=

tsbservice
04-23-2019, 06:23 PM
The C368 "refresh model" allows that you load custom size paper in tray 1/2. I suppose you can order a complete "new version" paper tray, you might also need a firmware update.

Now KM made tray 1&2 assy the same for both current and refresh models. So as you said, OP will need new FW along with latest print drivers, or Engine FW Dipswitch turned on to correct certain FW versions bug.

Synthohol
04-23-2019, 09:42 PM
try C5 (envelope) 6.4x9 and always SEF

Custom Search