PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224e drums change

Custom Search

tsbservice
04-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Hi guys. Going to change all 4 drums on one C224e.
Thinking about how to do it, all drums at once and then Stabilization+Gradations.
Or maybe one after one? I know that there's good chance that this can be done either ways, just curious what do you do it and how.
Any thoughts are welcomed.

blackcat4866
04-23-2019, 03:21 PM
There's no need to change one drum, then do the adjustments, then change another... except maybe if you need the practice.

I change all the PM parts that I'm going to, then do the adjustments only once. =^..^=

tsbservice
04-23-2019, 08:29 PM
Didn't think to do adjustments after every drum unit, more like:
Put one, turn machine on, machine resets counters for that color do HV adjustments(grid, dev. bias, etc).
All at once, sounds reasonable, Thanks for the help BC.

copyman
04-23-2019, 10:12 PM
you don't even need to turn machine off to reset. 1) open front door swap drums close door 2) take 5 min walk or smoke break 3) walk back to machine saying a prayer (optional) 4) run some test sheets, all should be good 5) hand customer bill as you run out the door telling customer the warranty is as long as they can see the tail lights on your car :cool:

Bix
04-24-2019, 11:07 AM
5 minutes? It takes less time for the drum :)

copyman
04-24-2019, 12:46 PM
I've actually had machines stabilize longer than 5 mins after putting in new consumables. But most of the time is 5 mins or less.

copier addict
04-24-2019, 01:07 PM
you don't even need to turn machine off to reset. 1) open front door swap drums close door 2) take 5 min walk or smoke break 3) walk back to machine saying a prayer (optional) 4) run some test sheets, all should be good 5) hand customer bill as you run out the door telling customer the warranty is as long as they can see the tail lights on your car :cool:

You really should be running "initialise/stabalise" and gradation after installing drums.

copyman
04-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Correct by the book you should do the graduation adj when any of the consumables are replaced. But I usually don't if everything looks good.

Custom Search